• Latest reply 5 years ago by swtrains
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

Pinball (resized).png
#1 5 years ago

I'm approaching the end of my JJ restoration - its taken a good few years, with gaps in between, but the game can now be played - magic!

Now I need to sort out the many "trivial" issues - ie bulbs not lighting, wrong bonus scores etc. And I'm hoping I can tap into the usual freely offered expertise of Pinsiders to help me with this.

I have a couple of issues that I'd like to sort first. I've tried setting the replay levels in the backbox, something that I have never done before. I've gone with the 59/73/81000 scores recommended for a 5 ball game. So I've put the 50000 plug in the 9000 socket and so on. But no replays are registering when I pass these totals, so obviously I've misunderstood something, or something else needs checking. Any ideas, please?

Secondly, the two kick out holes at the top need a bit of sorting. One is permanently at the basic 300 score, the other at the bonus score. I've managed to spot on my schematic (not a strong area for me!) that relay C is in charge of that operation - am I just to check switch cleanliness here or could other factors be at play?

Thirdly, and still with the kick out holes, the left one has quite a weak kick. I've done a bit of bending of the tip, which has improved matters, and I've removed and cleaned the whole assembly, but are there any other tweaks worth trying?

One final problem - the playfield lights fuse keeps going, I guess I have a short somewhere. But as there is only one cord to feed these lights, its kind of hard to isolate where the short is occurring. Can anyone offer any pointers/likely culprits please?

Thanks for bearing with me so far!

#2 5 years ago
Quoted from swtrains:

the two kick out holes at the top need a bit of sorting. One is permanently at the basic 300 score, the other at the bonus score

Looks like these are the lights you're referring to. Check wire colors to be sure.
Does the 00-90 Unit (AX) relay turn one step at a time for each 100 points scored?

Pinball (resized).pngPinball (resized).png
#3 5 years ago

Thanks Howard, will check as suggested and report back.

Have been busy with the playfield fuse issue - a lamp feed had broken its solder connection and was touching an earth line. Took ages to find, but at least that's one issue sorted!

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Machine - For Sale
Alpine, CALIFORNIA
Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Cabinet - Other
Space Coast Pinball

Hey modders!
Your shop name here

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/gtb-jumping-jacks-replay-issue and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.