1 year ago

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

pasted_image (resized).png
#1 1 year ago

I'm hoping someone might have some ideas for me.

My 10x bonus and light only activate on the last ball and not when you land in a 3000pt lit kick out.

The kickout scores properly and the 10x lights and scores properly on the last ball. Reviewing the schematics, the only place I see that I might need to check is the C relay and the motor 4b. I've checked gapping and conductivity in both places, no success.

Ideas from the community?

Thanks in advance

#3 1 year ago

Why thank you!

Sure enough, my going through the whole machine and inspecting every switch doesn't do any good if they touch and you don't properly burnish then. Both the I and J relays has corrosion/dirt/garbage on the contacts for the switch with white/brown + yellow/black.

Problem solved and working well.

Now to see how to get a clean backglass. I ordered one from Shay but after a week, I emailed about when it might ship and was informed they are out of stock. So waiting on a refund and actively searching for a replacement source.

I really appreciate the help. Thank you.

#4 1 year ago

I'm pretty sure BG resto will do a "Jack in the Box" backglass for you.

#5 1 year ago
Quoted from paulace:

I'm pretty sure BG resto will do a "Jack in the Box" backglass for you.

Thank you. We've been emailing about options for the resto of the jumping jack and think we'll be able to make it work.

Is this printing process vs the screen printing going to net a different look afterwards? Or the same and I'll never know?

#6 1 year ago

I've only had one BG backglass - for a Charlie's Angels, which wasn't availabe from Shay. The BG was nice, but not perfect. There were parts of the printing that were a little bit "fuzzy". But certainly tons better than the original was. I don't want that to come off as a complaint - I'm happy to have it.

I've had a couple of Shay backglasses, and in my opinion, the Shay's were better. But like I said, that's only based on one BG resto backglass, so others may have a different experience.

I just ordered another BG backglass for a Gottlieb "Top Card" that I'm working on. I'll report back on the quality when it comes in. Might be a while, though - I just ordered it yesterday.

#7 1 year ago
Quoted from paulace:

Might be a while, though

Yep I waited 6 months for a back glass from.BG.

#8 1 year ago

I spotted another issue that I'm not sure where to look on the schematics, perhaps someone has advice.

On player 2, IF the 10k position is in 1-9 it awards an extra 10k when it switches from P2-P1.

This doesn't happen when the 10k position is zero and is only happening perhaps 50% of the time on the 1+. Took a lot of games to notice this was happening.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Cabinet - Other
Space Coast Pinball

$ 12.00
Machine - For Sale
Alpine, CALIFORNIA
Hey modders!
Your shop name here

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/gtb-jumping-jack-jitb-10x-bonus-issue?hl=howardr and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.