You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

Flipper Pool Ball Subtract (resized).jpg
Pinball (resized).png
#1 5 years ago

No schematic for this machine so working in the dark but this is my problem:

There is a subtract ball relay that appears to be working, I.e clean, gapped correctly, etc. But, when the ball drains, it wont subtract say from 5 to 4 balls. If however, I press and hold the rollover switch in the drain trough it will subtract correctly so it would seem that the relay is not being held enough to complete its cycle. That then suggests that there is a motor switch that needs adjusting to pulse the relay for correct operation. Does anyone know which motor switch I should check please?

#2 5 years ago

Possibly try cleaning and adjusting the switch in the drain trough. If it works with your finger but not the ball it sounds like a simple adjustment.

#3 5 years ago

Thanks, but I have tried that. It seems that the relay itself just isnt holding long enough to complete the cycle.

#4 5 years ago
Quoted from Vintage-Pinball:

which motor switch I should check

I suggest you buy a schematic, but until then here's the Motor Switch chart from the card that used to be stapled inside your cabinet.

Pinball (resized).pngPinball (resized).png
#5 5 years ago

No schematic for this machine so working in the dark

Time to buy one. And no score motor sw. card in the cabinet?

#6 5 years ago

If however, I press and hold the rollover switch in the drain trough it will subtract correctly so it would seem that the relay is not being held enough to complete its cycle.

Here's the relevant circuit from Flipper Pool made a few months earlier:
Flipper Pool Ball Subtract (resized).jpgFlipper Pool Ball Subtract (resized).jpg
If you have the same basic circuit it could be that the B relay is not holding itself in through its lock in circuit. That would explain why holding the Trough Switch makes things work - you're keeping the B relay engaged through the whole score motor cycle. That lets the pulse get through the B relay switch from the score motor switches to the Subtract Balls To Play relay.

/Mark

#7 5 years ago

There is no motor switch paper on the cabinet unfortunately, or of course I'd have checked it through but the the circuit explanations will do the trick now, thank you all for your time.

#8 5 years ago

There is no motor switch paper on the cabinet unfortunately, or of course I'd have checked it

A lot of people don't realize that they're in there. Good luck with it!

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/gtb-ice-show-not-subtracting-a-ball-?hl=currieddog and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.