(Topic ID: 307148)

GTB Genie blowing transformer fuse

By Alan_L

2 years ago

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

#1 2 years ago

I have a Genie that after the machine has been powered on for a couple of minutes blows the 1 amp SB fuse next to the small transformer.

I have continuity across both fuse clips even without a fuse in them.

One end of the holder has a purple wire connected to the 115 volt lug on the small transformer. The the other end has a black/orange/orange wire that leads to the On/Off button housing.

Do I have a bad On/Off switch or should I look elsewhere?

Thanks,

Alan

#2 2 years ago

You could isolate the switch and check continuity to verify. Isolate the transformer and check coil resistance. A damaged transformer could cause this. I had a similar problem with a Genie and it ended up being a damaged wiring harness that was shorted.

#3 2 years ago

Thanks for your answer GM19, but you lost me at, "isolate switch and...transformer."
How do I go about doing this?
Thanks.

#4 2 years ago

De-solder the connections if you are able. If that is beyond your skill set I don’t recommend it.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
4,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Waterbury, CT
$ 7.50
Electronics
That Old Pinball
Electronics
$ 30.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball
Protection
$ 89.00
Electronics
That Old Pinball
Electronics
$ 25.00
Apparel - Unisex
Inner Orbit Pinball
Unisex
$ 84.99
Playfield - Decals
FlyLand Designs
Decals
Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/gtb-genie-blowing-transformer-fuse and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.