(Topic ID: 246980)

GTB Funland - Spin Spot Circuit on 5 Ball - Design Flaw?

By Dono

6 days ago

Topic Stats

• 7 posts
  • 2 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 5 days ago by Dono
  • Topic is favorited by 1 Pinsider

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

There have been 3 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

C91999F3-07BA-4419-9297-D35868C40276 (resized).jpeg
    8AE7D492-B448-4FB6-BED6-67844FEA549E (resized).jpeg
    6A955831-FF27-4155-872E-93B952A38DED (resized).jpeg

#1 6 days ago

Funland shop job is complete, with one issue remaining...did I find a design flaw?

On 5 ball play, the spin spot function is governed by a NO switch on the alternating relay, NC switch on the #11 relay and left|right spinner switches (see photo of circuit). Makes sense until you break down that logic... why would this circuit use a NC switch on the no. 11 relay, since this negates the alternating portion of the circuit, in effect the spin spotting always on until #11 trips (#11 relay trips and opens the NC switch in this circuit only when the 1-10 sequence has been made).

To bypass this, I have it on 3 ball play, but like the 5 ball play and alternating spin spot function feature to be in play... anyone have to deal with this in the past or perhaps enlighten me with something I’m overlooking?

The ‘spin when lit’ lamp circuit basically mimics the feature circuit, but includes a NO switch on #11, which I also would expect in the spin spot circuit!

6A955831-FF27-4155-872E-93B952A38DED (resized).jpeg
    #2 6 days ago

Just to clarify what I’m seeing now on 5 ball play...the SPIN WHEN LIT lamp cycles on at alternating relay trip, and off when alternating relay break like it should.

But, the corresponding arrow spin function trips every time passing through the L/R spinner...even when the corresponding SPIN wHEN LIT lamp is off, obviously this isn’t correct. The arrow spin function should match the lamps and both should cycle on/off on 5 ball play, RIGHT?

#3 6 days ago

Here’s the corresponding lamp circuit...

8AE7D492-B448-4FB6-BED6-67844FEA549E (resized).jpeg
    #4 6 days ago

Here is the corresponding lamp circuit...

C91999F3-07BA-4419-9297-D35868C40276 (resized).jpeg
    #5 5 days ago

So your saying the spin feature works on 3 ball play and not 5 ball? There is a location funland I've worked on and I thought the feature either didn't exist or was broken. I'll check it out this Saturday and see if it works on 3 ball, then maybe we can create a "bug fix".

#6 5 days ago
    Quoted from Jahkub:

So your saying the spin feature works on 3 ball play and not 5 ball? There is a location funland I've worked on and I thought the feature either didn't exist or was broken. I'll check it out this Saturday and see if it works on 3 ball, then maybe we can create a "bug fix".

On 3 ball play the feature works... it is always on. Correct by design.

On 5 ball play the feature should toggle on/off based on alternating relay.. the lamps work correctly, they toggle on/off. The spin feature is always on, however it should toggle on/off in concert with the lamps.

It’s an easy check, move under playfield Jones plug to to 5 ball, start game, cycle alternator unit so SPIN WHEN LIT lights are off, spin the spinner... arrow should NOT advance. Thanks for volunteering!

#7 5 days ago

So in a nutshell, the spin feature on 5 Ball play ain’t right... it’s always enabled, shouldn’t be.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
    $ 25.00
    Cabinet - Other
    Filament Printing
    $ 159.99
    Lighting - Other
    Lighted Pinball Mods
    $ 89.99
    Lighting - Led
    Lighted Pinball Mods
    $ 48.00
    Cabinet - Other
    ModFather Pinball Mods
    $ 9.00
    Playfield - Other
    Hdmike mods
    $ 239.00
    Cabinet - Toppers
    Tilttopper
    Eproms
    Matt's Basement Arcade
    Cabinet - Shooter Rods
    ModFather Pinball Mods
    $ 89.99
    $ 15.00
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    Pinball Haus
    $ 7,500.00
    Pinball Machine
    Nitro Pinball Shop
    $ 66.99
    Lighting - Led
    Lee's Parts
    Cabinet - Shooter Rods
    ModFather Pinball Mods
    $ 20.00
    Playfield - Decals
    Flashinstinct
    $ 86.95
    Cabinet - Shooter Rods
    Super Skill Shot Shop
    $ 22.00
    Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
    ModFather Pinball Mods
    $ 49.00
    Cabinet - Other
    Chrome Candy
    $ 40.00
    Cabinet - Armor And Blades
    Metalhead Pinball
    $ 15.00
    $ 27.99
    Eproms
    Matt's Basement Arcade

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside