Topic Stats

• 8 posts
  • 4 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 10 months ago by Classicpinballs
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

One image has been uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

Capture (resized).PNG

#1 10 months ago

Can anyone with a Gtb Flipper Parade answer this question from a friend of mine please?

"It awards extra balls for high scores and if you hit the roto target matching a selected top lane. But I believe it should give an extra ball if you make all the top lanes? If so, I don't think any relays activate to award an extra ball? All the 1-5 selection latch relays pull in and the contacts all look ok. 
I think the Sequence Scoring Control relay that awards an extra ball is only activated by the Target relay. I think there must be a break in the 1-5 selection relays that are connected in series. I don't have a schematic and everything I check seems to be ok."

If you own one of these and could shed some light then I and he would be grateful. 

#2 10 months ago

Its been several years since Ive owned the machine but completing the top lanes should award an extra ball and reset to go again. Of course a cir dia would be good to have.

in trouble shooting daisy chained connection like that a alligator jumper is most useful to systematicly elimate sections of the cir. But once again we need the cir dia. Maybe HowardR has a snipit?

#3 10 months ago
#4 10 months ago

Thanks very much everyone. My friend can now examine the circuit/s that control this and fix it.
All the best!

#5 10 months ago
Quoted from Classicpinballs:

believe it should give an extra ball if you make all the top lanes?

Yes, it should. Now, each of the top ROs has double contacts to check, and each of the 1-5 Selection relays has a double stack of contacts to check as well. A is the Selection Sequence relay and L, an interlock, is the Sequence Scoring Control relay, all with contacts to check. D is the Reset relay.

Capture (resized).PNG
#6 10 months ago

Great, thanks very much!

#7 10 months ago

I had a helluva time getting my FP going because Gottlieb must have gotten some crap solder and connections were breaking off way too easily. Had to re-do about 18.

#8 10 months ago

It's no better today. Difficult to buy decent solder to use but I'm fortunate to still have a decent bit left from when I worked in the T.V trade in the 70s
Thanks again for the info everyone, I reckon theres enough now to get him fixed up.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
Apparel - Men
Pinside Shop
$ 12.00
$ 999.00
Pinball Machine
Mircoplayfields
$ 20.00
Various Other Swag
Project Pinball Charity
$ 1,000.00
Playfields
Pinball Playfields
Pinball Machine
Flip N Out Pinball
Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods
€ 222.00
Cabinet - Decals
Buthamburg
$ 27.99
Playfield - Protection
Lee's Parts
$ 79.95
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade
$ 7,899.00
Pinball Machine
Operation Pinball
$ 9.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade
$ 48.00
Cabinet - Other
ModFather Pinball Mods
Pinball Machine
Great American Pinball
$ 60.00
Playfield - Plastics
Vandelay Industries
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
ModFather Pinball Mods
£ 99.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PinballToys
$ 10.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ModFather Pinball Mods
$ 7,999.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms
$ 339.00

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside