• Latest reply 1 year ago by undrdog
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

5DE385A2-8389-4B4A-94E5-B2217B477ACA (resized).jpeg
pasted_image (resized).png

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider undrdog.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#1 1 year ago

Pressing the credit button in the middle of a game adds a player.

Is it supposed to do that? I expected that it would reset and start a new game.

Example: Two player game. Player one is on ball two. Press the credit button and the game adds player three. Seems like it would reset.

#3 1 year ago

Yes. I meant Happy Clown. Long day.

Quoted from paulace:

Isn't "Flipper Fair" a single-player add-a-ball game?

#5 1 year ago

Thanks!

#6 1 year ago

Cleaning the switch seems to have fixed it.

Of course, now the motor won’t stop spinning, but hey, it’s a hobby.

Digging back into it when I get time.

#7 1 year ago

What fun. Reset bank coil now fires properly and the motor stops spinning.

The add a new player instead of resetting the game problem is fixed for the first game after power on, but not thereafter.

Power on. New game. Score some points, drain the ball chute switch, press start, it resets. New game. Score points. Drain ball . Press start. Adds a player.

Still digging. Gotta be that same relay.

#8 1 year ago

Today is my lucky day.

The ZB relay wasn’t firing at all. It was never closed during game play.

But, now it does. No idea what I did to fix it.

No obvious loose or shorted wires, but no matter. I’m smiling and moving on to the next issue.

#9 1 year ago

I spoke too soon. Alas!

#10 1 year ago

ZB isn’t firing when it should. It’s intermittent.

Looks to be related to three one point contacts. Is that referring to the 0-9 wiper unit? Or the 1 pt relay?

5DE385A2-8389-4B4A-94E5-B2217B477ACA (resized).jpeg5DE385A2-8389-4B4A-94E5-B2217B477ACA (resized).jpeg

#12 1 year ago
Quoted from HowardR:

the long blade's contact point should push the short blade's contact point enough to move the short blade

Sure is hard to see that happening on these really short, stiff Gtb relay switches.

#13 1 year ago

HowardR
Fixed. Thanks.

On to figuring out why the credit reel isn’t firing .

#15 1 year ago

Credit reel wasn’t firing because someone had bent open all of the switches on it. Go figure.

There is one switch missing a wire. The wired blade has a purple wire. The other blade has solder, but no wire. Everything on the unit works. There's no purple wire going to either coil on the schematic. There is one line going to the subtract credit coil with no wire color. It goes to the total plays meter. Guess someone didn’t need to count plays. With the credit unit switches bent open, there was no danger of racking up plays on the meter. Again, go figure.

Only one more issue. The roto target needs to be cleaned up. It works and scores, but it doesn’t really lock in.

And to think, this was the estate sale game that seemed to be working just fine. Either way, the price was right. and it came with a bucket of assorted tokens!

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Cabinet Parts
Space Coast Pinball

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider undrdog.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/gtb-early-1960s-adding-a-player-question-flipper-fair?tu=undrdog and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.