Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_8532 (resized).jpg
Dimension Add Ball Count (resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider DropTarget.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#1 1 year ago

Hi All,

I noticed on my Dimension that the machine does not reward extra balls for points (sort of).

Here's the sort of part.....It will add a ball for scoring if the 10,000 reel rolls over via a pop bumper hit but not if rolled over by a 3000pt or 500pt switch.

The difference is that when scoring the 3000 or 500 points, the score motor rotates, while rolling over from a 1000 pt pop bumper hit, it does not.

The machine counts up to 5 balls easily on start up, and adds extra balls when the Wow targets are hit. The C relay (add ball count unit relay) works well, if triggered manually, the knocker knocks and a ball is added, when scoring from the 3000 and 500 pt switched, the C relay pulls in, the knocker coil fires, but the ball count unit does not step up.

Signed confused in NJ

#3 1 year ago

Thanks Mark,

I've just noticed that the score motor does not always home. there are times when it stops and the kickoff hole won't eject until I rotate the score motor.

#4 1 year ago

although when the ball doesn't eject, the other score motor functions do work.

related???

#5 1 year ago
Quoted from MarkG:

You could experiment by wiring a 2nd Score Reel to the 10k Score Reel. Just jumper the Score Reel coil solder lugs together for the two lugs that are not connected to a black wire. Use the 10s or 100s Score Reel.
If the added Score Reel advances correctly the issue is likely a mechanical issue with the 10k Score Reel. If the added Score Reel behaves the same way as the 10k Score Reel the issue is likely in the circuit driving the 10k Score Reel.

Jumped to the 100's reel, they both advance correctly, that was never the problem. They problem is that the machine doesn't step up the ball count unit when the points are made (30,000 & 60,0000 in this case) unless the score motor is not running. When the score motor runs, as in when a 3000pt or 500pt pf switch is made, the knocker knocks, but the ball count unit doesn't step up. If it rolls from 29,000 for example to 30,000 via a thousand when lit hit on the pop bumper or from 29,990 and a 10pt sling switch is hit, the ball is added (the score motor does not run in those instances)

#6 1 year ago

also, If I jump O-B to B-W on Motor 1C (the blades are next to each other), the step up coil pulls in, and advance when I disconnect the jumper. They appear to be making good contact, unfortunately, my wife drove off with my tools in the car, so I can't check if they're making good contact with a meter, or squeeze the points. yup, blame it on the wife.

#8 1 year ago
Quoted from MarkG:

Sorry, wrong problem.
It's odd that the Knocker works but the Ball Count sometimes doesn't. They're essentially wired in parallel. I wonder if it's getting a short pulse that's not long enough to advance the Ball Count.

Exactly, I've been thinking its a timing issue, but haven't figured it out yet. So, what's different in that circuit if the score motor is moving?

I can almost breath on the C relay and it adds a ball.

#9 1 year ago

That make or break is where I've been focusing, but I can't find anything obvious. If I understand it, when the motor is not moving, the path goes through the N.C. side, and when the motor moves, the path is through the N.O. side. Maybe it's time to trace that wire, or jump from the switch to the ball count unit, could it be a jones plug going to the head?

#10 1 year ago

AHHA!

Well perhaps AHHA!

IMG_8532 (resized).jpgIMG_8532 (resized).jpg
#11 1 year ago
Quoted from DropTarget:

Well perhaps AHHA!

Yup, that was the problem. Broken blade.

#13 1 year ago
Quoted from BRONX:

What causes switch blades to break?

Aside from abusive people? IDK

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Brooklyn, NY
Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider DropTarget.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/gtb-dimension-extra-ball-on-points-issue?tu=DropTarget and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.