Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_6264 (resized).JPG
pasted_image (resized).png

#1 3 years ago

Hi all,

Sooooo,

I've been trying to get my Dimension up and running. It's been giving me some issues, mostly related to the reset bank.

I'm happy to report that after changing 3 armatures that were missing lifts, I'm no longer getting shocks.

The last issue (fingers crossed) is that upon startup, the machine adds anywhere from 3-10 balls instead of 5. It also sometimes remains in tilt mode. It started doing this while adjusting switches in the reset bank, so I'm assuming that's where the trouble lies.

SB2 perhaps?

#2 3 years ago

This switch on the Reset Completed relay (DB) controls when to stop adding balls during reset.
1) Is it adjusted correctly?
2) Does the DB relay fire at the proper time?

pasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).png
#3 3 years ago

Hi Howard.

Thanks, This game has been driving me crazy for the past few days. I'll check the switch in the morning.

I spent the whole day working on another issue, which was that either when a full set of drop targets was down, the wow either did not light or if it did, would not go out after the ball drained. Sometimes the drop target bank would reset after hitting just one target, sometimes it would reset the opposite side drop target bank. In the middle of this is when I noticed the ball count issue. It could very well be related to the db armature switch as that was one of the armatures that was changed.

I got the wow issue to work by adjusting switches on LB, AB, DB,and the tilt relay. What a hassle.

Now here's an odd thing which may be a clue as to what's going on. Right now the tilt setting is to lose your ball + 1 other. If I set it to lose the game, then the wow's light up and don't go out (pulling in the reset bank coil).

I see another 10-12 frustrating hours on this again tomorrow!

-W

Edit: It's tomorrow.......going back to square one (not the game) I removed the motor board, gonna go through as much of the reset bank as possible on a the bench where I can get eye level with it and make adjustment while it's in the down position. lol, I can't wait to see what new issues arise now!

#4 3 years ago

update.

While going through the switches, I found a few that weren't adjusted properly. The DB armature switch was indeed not making good contact. I corrected that, put the board back into the game, The problem of random number of balls at start up is still there. I'm also having problems with the WOW circuit as it relates to the tilt in or tilt out position, but one thing at a time. I found that the game over contact on the ball count unit wasn't making good contact, If I close the gap so that the blades are nice and tight, the DB relay pulls and holds in while in game over mode.

I found this while the board was on the bench........

its on the DB stack (reset complete relay).
IMG_6264 (resized).JPGIMG_6264 (resized).JPG

Update, I removed that switch, re-soldered the wires, gapped the switch. It seems fine. Put the board back in the game, same issues, no change.

Yet another rambling threads update:

I'm thinking that the ball count problem is related to the SB1 armature switch. It's in line with the reset coil and if I hold it closed, the ball count unit stops at ball 5. Of course that's the one armature that I did not replace.

#5 3 years ago

Resolved!

Thank you for your input.

I found the SB1 switch was a little out and the coil stop for the reset bank was broken off and resting in the coil sleeve. As well as, the spacers on the left shoulder bolt for the bar pivot were missing, so there was some play in the bar that's now gone. Between all of those things the ball count works correctly and the WoW circuit does too, while the tilt setting is set to lose ball + 1, the trip bank does not reset when the ball drains if tilt is set to lose game, leaving the WoWs lit.

I can live with that, but am curious as to why it's happening.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
Playfield - Protection
The Pinball Scientist
Protection
Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball
Other
Cabinet - Decals
The Pinball Scientist
Decals
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Brooklyn, NY
Cabinet - Other
The Pinball Scientist
Other
Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball
Other
$ 12.00
Tools
Nezzy's Pinball Prints
Tools
Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/gtb-dimension-adding-incorrect-of-balls and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.