• Topic is favorited by 1 Pinsider

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

small door.jpg
big door.jpg
#1 8 years ago

Hi everyone, yesterday I swapped out the legs that came with the 1968 Fun Land I acquired last month with the correct 31" legs and it got me wondering if the two 1970s EM multi-players I have so far (Bronco and Target Alpha) have the correct leg sizes.

What size legs does that vintage game have?

Also, related question -- and it may vary depending on the game and how you want it to play -- but do most of you guys run the levelers all the way in in the front on all your games (wedgeheads and others) to create maximum slope? When I put the 31" legs on Fun Land, it seems really tall and am thinking I should drop the front levelers all the way in. But maybe its' just because I played it for a month with legs that were too short. Right now, Fun Land is a little taller than my two 70s multi-players, on which I have the levelers all the way in.

Thanks for your thoughts!

#2 8 years ago

Here's a nice guide to leg sizes:

http://www.pbresource.com/legs.html#most

Also, I generally run my front legs all the way down and just do adjustments with the back legs. Seems easier this way, plus I have some DE games that always seem way tall to me.

#4 8 years ago
Quoted from goldenboy232:

Also, related question -- and it may vary depending on the game and how you want it to play -- but do most of you guys run the levelers all the way in in the front on all your games

personal decision. Mine are all the way in in front--and I remove the nut as well if there is one to make them even "lower". The back I put all the way up...I've even put on some 3 inch levelers on the back on some games to give me a little more room to adjust. I have a digital level and usually go for around a 5 degree slope on EM's. Originally they were 3 1/2 I think factory--too spongy for me.

#5 8 years ago

I summarized for my records the following Gottlieb wisdom from other EMers here. If there are exceptions, please let me know:

If it has the SMALLER coin door, the leg holes are higher and therefore requires BIGGER legs (31 inch).

If it has the LARGER coin door, the leg holes are lower and therefore requires SMALLER legs (27 inch).

12/75 started the deeper "Columbia Pictures" bottom cabinets and larger front coin door and 27" non-ribbed legs (prior to this, all 1956 to 1975 Gottliebs with metal legs were 31" long).

small door.jpgsmall door.jpg
big door.jpgbig door.jpg

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 12.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
UpKick Pinball

Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

Cabinet - Other
Space Coast Pinball

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 15.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
UpKick Pinball

Hey modders!
Your shop name here

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/gtb-correct-leg-sizes-leveler-positions and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.