You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

B636D537-774F-49A1-AABA-1BB1FECA5F3C (resized).jpeg
Bronco Ball Return (resized).jpg
Bronco power rail (resized).jpg
Bronco Playfield lights (resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider EMDude.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#1 5 years ago

I'm getting close on this machine! Goes through start up sequence; motor runs, player unit resets players 1 & 2 then 3 & 4, ball kicks into shooter lane, player 1 lit, ball 1 lit, but no flippers or playfield GI, however kick out holes do eject ball, but nothing else on pf works.

#3 5 years ago

Thanks Mark.
GI issue solved (fuse holder).
Repaired broken sw blade on Q relay on flipper circuit. Now cycles thru reset sequence, but no ball eject, dim pf GI and flippers have weak power, then 5A fuse (circuit breaker) blows.

#5 5 years ago

Checked my repair against schematic and all looks in order. 5A fuse blowing is main back near xfmr. With power on when I manually close the out hole sw (or when I start a game) I get a momentary bright green arc on the bottom right sw of the ‘O’ relay, then a couple seconds later circuit breaks, wires red/yellow; red/yellow (see photo).

B636D537-774F-49A1-AABA-1BB1FECA5F3C (resized).jpegB636D537-774F-49A1-AABA-1BB1FECA5F3C (resized).jpeg
#7 5 years ago
Quoted from MarkG:

I don't have a Bronco. I'm just working with the schematic. Which fuse is back near the transformer? Use the labels in the game or better yet the wire colors to identify it so I can find it on the schematic.

Label: “Primary Fuse 5 Amp SLO-BLO” shown at the very bottom of the schematic (F23).

#8 5 years ago
Quoted from MarkG:

What switch is it? (wire colors, or better yet, where in the schematic?)

It’s a pair in and a pair out, upon closer inspection looks like Red/Yel and Red/Wht.

#9 5 years ago
Quoted from MarkG:

I'd check the values of all the other fuses in the game against the schematic. I'd expect them to have blown before the main breaker.

3 other fuses (on bottom board): 25V/15A, play board lights: 10A, Lightbox light fuse: 15A.

#10 5 years ago

The problem sure seems to be on the 25V A/C side. Switch stack on AX relay with 2 pair red/yel and red/blk gets hot due to short. Incidentally sw I repaired on “Q” relay also has 2 pair red/yel and wht/red. If I put a piece of paper between contacts, game resets ok, kicks out ball, but again, no flippers (same as before).

#11 5 years ago

Thanks for hanging with me on this Mark!

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Cabinet - Other
The Pinball Scientist

Hey modders!
Your shop name here

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider EMDude.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/gtb-bronco-reset-issue-no-flippers-or-pf-gi?tu=EMDude and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.