New! Dark mode!

Browsing Pinside at night? Getting tired of all the white? Switch to dark mode using the button in the top right (or CTRL-B)!

(Topic ID: 160627)

Gtb Big Brave score motor issue

By njPinWiz

4 years ago

Topic Stats

• 9 posts
  • 6 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 4 years ago by woz
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

#1 4 years ago

Picked up a beautiful Big Brave recently. Only issue is the score motor runs continuously when you plug it in. All lights come on and the game is live, but can't start a game. Went through a variety of relays, switches, steppers, etc. and cleaned & visually inspected - couldn't fine the cause. Any idea?

#2 4 years ago

What you need is all here.
http://www.pinrepair.com/em/index.htm

Most likely score reels not zeroing out.

#3 4 years ago

You don't have a score motor issue you have a something else issue. There's like a dozen issues that could be causing that score motor to run.

Read the clay guide and start looking into them.

#4 4 years ago

Do you have a schematic for the machine?... One of the switches that sends power to the score motor is stuck in the closed position, or there is a mis-adjusted switch or relay... Look on the schematic to see which switches send power to the score motor...

#5 4 years ago

Thanks guys. I will double-check the score reels again. They they seem to be zeroing out OK, but will have to make sure switches closing properly.

#6 4 years ago
Quoted from njPinWiz:

Thanks guys. I will double-check the score reels again. They they seem to be zeroing out OK, but will have to make sure switches closing properly.

Score reels are big. Drops should come up, everything needs to reset. But once I had one of the coin wires bent and stuck. It thought there was a constant quarter drop. So there are a few things that can cause this.

#7 4 years ago
Quoted from njPinWiz:

Bonus unit also. Ball count unit. Basically, everything that is supposed to reset - if it isn't, you can have score motor run.

To make things even more fun, Game over relays/latch trip relays can cause this.

#8 4 years ago

My head is spinning, just like the score motor!! Plenty of things on my checklist to go thru and I've now added a few more. Thanks though, this is very helpful. In fact as i am checking into the root cause I am finding several other issues that I am taking care of as I progress.

#9 4 years ago

Just be careful you don't cause more problems as you "fix" other issues.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 4.00
Playfield - Decals
UpKick Pinball
Apparel - Men
Pinside Shop
$ 40.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Arcade Arts
$ 20.00
Various Novelties
GC Pinball
$ 29.95
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos
$ 9.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade
$ 64.95
$ 40.99
Lighting - Interactive
Lee's Parts
$ 6,199.99
$ 109.99
Lighting - Led
Lighted Pinball Mods
$ 36.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk
$ 3.00
Various Other Swag
Project Pinball Charity
$ 79.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods
$ 18.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple
$ 22.50
Playfield - Decals
Pinball Haus
$ 35.99
Lighting - Interactive
Lee's Parts
$ 95.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
pinballmod
$ 29.95
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos
$ 48.00
Cabinet - Other
ModFather Pinball Mods
$ 9.95
€ 40.00
Playfield - Plastics
Creo Pinball
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
ModFather Pinball Mods
$ 5.00
Cabinet - Other
UpKick Pinball
$ 5.00
Cabinet - Other
UpKick Pinball
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
G-Money Mods
$ 30.00
$ 99.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods
$ 265.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The Art of Pinball

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside