Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

zBig-Brave-Work4_(resized).jpg
BB_start_up_sequence.pdf (PDF preview)
DSCN6304_(resized).JPG
DSCN6303_(resized).JPG
zBig-Brave-Work3_(resized).jpg
zBig-Brave-Work2_(resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider emsinkc.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#3 7 years ago
Quoted from njPinWiz:

Machine turns on fine, credit button sets of relay sequence. "O" relay pulls in but doesn't release. Ball in drain hole does not kick out because "O" coil not being energized. Anyone have any suggestions?

You said the O relay is pulling in, but also said the O relay coil is not being energized.

I'm officially confused. If the O relay is pulling in, do you mean the ball return coil isn't pulling in?

My confused guess is that your score motor switch at 4C is not making. That's a pretty common problem when you are not getting a ball return coil activation. You've also got to check the NC XB switch and the make/break on the P relay. But I'm guessing score motor switch.

#5 7 years ago

Have you made sure the kickout coil is good?

Fair warning, EMs are infamous for switches that "look" good but really aren't. Jumper them to be sure.

#7 7 years ago
Quoted from njPinWiz:

kickout coil is good, I can energize it manually.

LOL, we certainly aren't talking the same language. Exactly what does "energize it manually" mean?

#14 7 years ago

OK, so if 4C will fire the outhole coil when you manually close it, then XB is closed, then P is closed and the switch on the O relay is also closed. That tells me that 4C is the problem when the motor is running-it's not making.

Multiplayers will take more cycles to reset than a single player.

#16 7 years ago

You're sure you're looking at the right switch on 4C? I have to ask.

If it works when you manually close the motor switch, then all the other switches have to be good. Something on that switch isn't right.

#19 7 years ago

If the O relay is energizing, there's absolutely no reason why the outhole coil won't engage, assuming all the other switches are correct, and assuming the outhole coil is good. The trip bank is resetting? If that isn't happening then again it points to 4C.

If everything else on the startup sequence is happening, then I'm stumped. TimMe is the guy who can solve this, or Dirt Flipper, but he's on leave. You might PM Tim and see if he can solve your issue. I can't think of anything else here.

#21 7 years ago
Quoted from njPinWiz:

I am likewise perplexed EMsInKC...O relay pulls in as it should on starting a new game but seems to release to open position just after the score motor stops turning. In other words, as the score motor turns to reset everything (score reels, reset bar, drop target reset, etc.) it seems like the 4C switch opens just before "O" relay pulls in again.
I tested each component of the circuit and they all test good. Scratching my head as to why the entire circuit up to out-hole coil does not...

Have you actually watched the score motor and seen the state of 4C when the O relay pulls in?

#25 7 years ago

I'm still trying to figure how in the world the O and P relays were the problem when you said if you manually closed 4C that the outhole coil fired. That's just bizarre. But that's also Gottlieb. Those small relay switches are extremely finicky.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Grand Rapids, MI

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider emsinkc.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/gtb-big-brave-o-relay-not-releasing?tu=emsinkc and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.