• No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

20220917_211651 (resized).jpg
20220917_141749 (resized).jpg
#1 1 year ago

I just picked up a decent Bank Shot. Its my first working WOW game. I fixed a few issues with the score reels and have the game playing. Playfield still needs to be shopped out and all the inserts need to be reset. When I'm playing and the ball drains, I get a bonus score. I haven't paid a whole lot of attention to the score value to count points, but I believe its giving me points for each ball that is lit. It doesn't reset the balls though. Subsequent drains give bonus as well. Once in awhile it doesn't award points. I didn't think there was supposed to be a bonus after each ball. I have a few other projects to do before I get deep into this so I was hoping to just get it working properly until I can do a full tear down. How is the scoring supposed to work? I'm not on novelty mode currently. The AAB seems to work properly as well as the WOW.

20220917_141749 (resized).jpg20220917_141749 (resized).jpg
#2 1 year ago

Iirc mine avoided bonus every ball, and after you collected all 15 half would go away the next ball

#3 1 year ago
Quoted from zacaj:

Iirc mine avoided bonus every ball, and after you collected all 15 half would go away the next ball

Mine does remove half or so after completing all 15. I also get a bonus countdown after every ball. I'm going to play some more tonight and I'll see if I can figure out what its doing.

#4 1 year ago

I was playing a few games tonight and then I read the playfield.. Looks like a bonus is awarded every time the outhole is hit..

20220917_211651 (resized).jpg20220917_211651 (resized).jpg
#5 1 year ago

You are awarded bonus for each lit ball, every time you drain.

It will hold your progress each ball until you light all 15.

Lighting all 15 will light all three WOW goals for the duration of the current ball in play.

Upon draining, you will receive the bonus, about half of the pool rack will be reset (same ones every time, as evidenced in the schematic), the two WOW kickouts will reset, and the center rollover WOW will remain lit for the remainder of the game.

I know previous threads have discussed this in detail.

#6 1 year ago
Quoted from AndrewP:

Lighting all 15 will light all three WOW goals for the duration of the current ball in play.
Upon draining, you will receive the bonus, about half of the pool rack will be reset (same ones every time, as evidenced in the schematic), the two WOW kickouts will reset, and the center rollover WOW will remain lit for the remainder of the game.

Thanks for the info.. I didn't think to search for it.. Looks like mine is working properly then.

#7 1 year ago
Quoted from AndrewP:

This is correct.

#8 1 year ago
Quoted from sped372:

This is correct.

Its all correct except for the center WOW. It stays lit along with the kickouts during current ball. When the ball drains, the 2 kickouts go off, but center lane is still lit. It allows for 1 more hit, then goes off as well. It doesn't stay on for the rest of the game unless the WOW cycle is started again.

#9 1 year ago

Then I guess I have an issue to fix this weekend!

#10 1 year ago
Quoted from AndrewP:

Then I guess I have an issue to fix this weekend!

LOL... I noticed that the center lane went away after a ball drained and it confused me. I think I read it on the score card actually. But this is the way mine is working.

It may be a Jones plug setting? I was just looking at the score cards on pinballrebel and they have a few different score cards. This is a clip from the one on my game. There are other cards that don't have this on it.

COMPLETING 1 THROUGH 15 SEQUENCE LIGHTS “WOW”. HOLE “WOW”
REMAINS LIT FOR DURATION OF BALL IN PLAY. ROLLOVER “WOW”
REMAINS ON UNTIL HIT AFTER SEQUENCE RESETS.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Cabinet - Decals
The Pinball Scientist

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Venice, Florida, FL

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/gtb-bank-shot-scoring-questions?hl=bubbak and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.