You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

Bank Shot ball scoring (resized).jpg
bankshot (resized).jpg
#1 1 year ago

Hi All,

I just picked up a nice Bank Shot w/ 20,000 total plays.

It hasn't beed fired up in 22 years, so of course there are some issue, as well as some interesting "fixes".

I've gotten most of the issues straightened out. The one that's left is that the kickout holes should score 100pts for every unlit ball. Instead they tend to score 2,300, 4,200, 5000 etc. I don't see a pattern as to which balls are lit, and which balls are out. Looking at the reset bank, all of the switches seem to be opening and closing as they should.

Any thoughts as to where to look. The circuit doesn't seem obvious to me on the schematic.

Thanks

#2 1 year ago

Looking at the instruction card, it's supposed to score 1000 for each lit ball and 100 for each unlit ball, correct? How does the hole score if you either light all the balls first, or leave them all unlit?

#3 1 year ago
Quoted from frenchmarky:

Looking at the instruction card, it's supposed to score 1000 for each lit ball and 100 for each unlit ball, correct? How does the hole score if you either light all the balls first, or leave them all unlit?

Sure Shot works that way, Bank Shot only scores the 100pts for unlit, and adds 1k per lit ball for end of ball bonus.

#4 1 year ago
Quoted from DropTarget:

Sure Shot works that way, Bank Shot only scores the 100pts for unlit, and adds 1k per lit ball for end of ball bonus

Ok, I take that back. The playfield says 100pts for every unlit ball, but the score card says 100 for unlit and 1k for lit. Having said that, the machine does not score properly.

Here's how it's scoring, granted there are too many combinations of balls but, these scores seem to hold consistent:

0-2 balls lit = 500pts
3,4 balls lit = 1,400pts,
5-7 balls lit = 2,300 pts
8 balls lit = 3,200pts
9 balls lit = 2,300pts
10,11 balls lit = 4,100pts
12-15 balls lit = 5000pts, with the wow being scored with all 15 lit.

#5 1 year ago

It's interesting that all of the scoring you show requires exactly 5 pulses:
500 points: 5 pulses to the 100 pt relay
1400 points: 4 pulses to the 100 pt relay + 1 pulse to the 1000 point relay
and so on...

That implies that you never get more than one score motor cycle (or 1/3 turn or 120 degrees). Looking at the Sure Shot schematic I don't see how you'd ever run the motor more than one cycle when the ball lands in a hole.

But looking at the playfield images on IPDB, it looks like the left hole only awards for holes 4, 6, 10, 13 and 15. The right hole similarly only looks at five holes. That might explain why you only ever get five pulses worth of scoring.

/Mark

#6 1 year ago

very perceptive Mark.

I'll go back and see if the scoring lines up with that logic. In the mean time, here's the schematic.

-W

bankshot (resized).jpgbankshot (resized).jpg
#7 1 year ago

Yeah, that's about the same as Sure Shot. The five score motor switches in the middle each let just one pulse from the Motor 1A switch in the lower right to get to either the L or M relay for either 1000 or 100 points, based on the state of the five balls it's looking at.
Bank Shot ball scoring (resized).jpgBank Shot ball scoring (resized).jpg
I think you'll find that the eject relays (F and G) are only active for one motor cycle too.

#8 1 year ago
Quoted from MarkG:I think you'll find that the eject relays (F and G) are only active for one motor cycle too.

They are! Well....sorry about this post! You are correct about the logic. The game just looks at the five left or right balls, and the corresponding hole collects.

I've noticed that sometimes the 100's and 1000's reel are latched together, but that's just a score reel rollover switch adjustment I'm sure.

Thank for catching this Mark. It's been over 50 years since I've played a Bank Shot, must have forgotten how it scores. I didn't think that you could collect 14k each time you shoot the kick out holes, didn't make sense.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Venice, Florida, FL
$ 12.00
Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/gtb-bank-shot-kick-out-hole-scoring-issue and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.