You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

pasted_image (resized).png
0Buckaroo-Work-14 (resized).jpg
BF4CE910-B0F4-4C34-AE9B-778AF9CC188F (resized).jpeg
#1 4 years ago

On my 1965 Gottlieb Bak-A-Ball I was recently doing some work on the playfield and when I was putting it back together I accidentally broke one of the switch tabs on the bottom right ball-kicker.

I ordered a new switch from PBR (as shown in the photo) and soldered it in place, and although the kicker propels the ball, it is not chiming or scoring. What am I missing here?

The other kicker works fine.
BF4CE910-B0F4-4C34-AE9B-778AF9CC188F (resized).jpegBF4CE910-B0F4-4C34-AE9B-778AF9CC188F (resized).jpeg

#2 4 years ago

What does the other switch stack look like, from a side view?

#3 4 years ago

Is the switch that closes when the kicker pulls in actually closing?

#4 4 years ago
Quoted from EMsInKC:

Is the switch that closes when the kicker pulls in actually closing?

I’ll check. There are 2 behind the rubber and I’ll check them both

#5 4 years ago

Hi goldenboy232
on top of Your picture in post-1 I see a switch (my red P) - actuated / closed when the plunger of the kicker is sucked downwards - THERE You get the point(s). The two standup-switches (my A1 and A2) behind the rubber are mounted parallel - either one makes the coil to pull so the plunger moves. I show it on Buckaroo. Greetings Rolf

0Buckaroo-Work-14 (resized).jpg0Buckaroo-Work-14 (resized).jpg
#6 4 years ago

On those switches from PBR... the mounting is off, tends to mash the contacts. Every one of those switches I get I drill off the old L shaped mounting bracket and reuse. Tempted to complain but the Steve would tell me to drill off the old and reuse...

And the scoring is off the contact that closes when the kicker fires, snipit of your original pic

pasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).png
#7 4 years ago
Quoted from rolf_martin_062:

Hi goldenboy232
on top of Your picture in post-1 I see a switch (my red P) - actuated / closed when the plunger of the kicker is sucked downwards - THERE You get the point(s). The two standup-switches (my A1 and A2) behind the rubber are mounted parallel - either one makes the coil to pull so the plunger moves. I show it on Buckaroo. Greetings Rolf[quoted image]

Quoted from pinhead52:

On those switches from PBR... the mounting is off, tends to mash the contacts. Every one of those switches I get I drill off the old L shaped mounting bracket and reuse. Tempted to complain but the Steve would tell me to drill off the old and reuse...
And the scoring is off the contact that closes when the kicker fires, snipit of your original pic[quoted image]

Thanks, Rolf and Ken! I'll check out the correct switch today -- appreciate the redirect!

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Cabinet Parts
Space Coast Pinball

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/gtb-bank-a-ball-bumper-help and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.