(Topic ID: 216048)

GTB Ball-Kicker -- does PBR Stock them? (Can't find 'em!)

By goldenboy232

5 years ago

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

#1 5 years ago

Does Steve sell new ball-kickers for Gottlieb EMs? I am having massive trouble with one of mine. I've read the threads -- including the great one by Dirtflipper about these -- and think it might be easier to just replace the whole thing.

But I can't find them on Steve's site and there's no search function as you know.

Anyone know?

Thanks!

Mark

#2 5 years ago

You need the part number of the newer part and then ask if Steve has it.

Depending on if it is right handed or left handed, you need A-16044/A-16043 or A-15822/A-15826. Then you need the hole base plate and hole switch arm and hole switch.

Investing in a copy of the 1978 Volume P parts manual is highly recommended if you are going to be active in Gottlieb EM games.

Otherwise used is the way to go.

#3 5 years ago

Yes, I got one awhile back from him.

#4 5 years ago

Ok thanks guys. I'll email Jimmy and see what I can do. Thanks!

#5 5 years ago

What kind of ball kicker are you referring to? The 1978 Gottlieb catalog lists different types: "Ball Hole Kicker" and "Contact Kicker".

The Ball Hole Kicker is mainly used in eject holes. The Contact Kicker is used in slingshots and also as a ball launcher in games where the ball is launched from between the flippers (i.e. Playball, Pro Football, etc). There are different parts numbers as Mike O. pointed out.

Tell us which of your games you are working on and we can look it up? The 1978 Parts Catalog has game-by-game charts toward the back which list the parts numbers for the types of kickers employed. For example, the contact kickers for King Pin and Atlantis use different parts numbers.

#6 5 years ago
Quoted from Runbikeskilee:

What kind of ball kicker are you referring to? The 1978 Gottlieb catalog lists different types: "Ball Hole Kicker" and "Contact Kicker".
The Ball Hole Kicker is mainly used in eject holes. The Contact Kicker is used in slingshots and also as a ball launcher in games where the ball is launched from between the flippers (i.e. Playball, Pro Football, etc). There are different parts numbers as Mike O. pointed out.
Tell us which of your games you are working on and we can look it up? The 1978 Parts Catalog has game-by-game charts toward the back which list the parts numbers for the types of kickers employed. For example, the contact kickers for King Pin and Atlantis use different parts numbers.

He’s working on a Quick Draw and his hole kicker doesn’t work right. The former is known because he linked his game; the latter is known because he referenced DirtFlipper’s post (https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/em-gottlieb-ball-return-not-kicking-ball-out-to-shooter-one-cause) on them.

#7 5 years ago

Ok, Thanks.

Did not notice the linked game.. It does not show on a small display unless I fat-finger a tiny icon. Also, Dirtflipper put out hundreds of great posts and I did not go searching for it. Easier to just ask for confirmation.

From the '78 Gottlieb parts manual wrt a QD, the part number provided for the left kicker assembly w/fulcrum is A-15827 and the right is A-16045. Mike gave the part numbers for the R & L sub assemblies.

#8 5 years ago
Quoted from leckmeck:

He’s working on a Quick Draw and his hole kicker doesn’t work right. The former is known because he linked his game; the latter is known because he referenced DirtFlipper’s post (https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/em-gottlieb-ball-return-not-kicking-ball-out-to-shooter-one-cause) on them.

Yeah this is on the Quick Draw in my collection. The new one I'm selling works 100%. But the one on mine doesn't work reliably.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 12.00
Cabinet - Other
Space Coast Pinball

Cabinet - Other
The Pinball Scientist

Hey modders!
Your shop name here

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/gtb-ball-kicker-does-pbr-stock-them-cant-find-em?hl=runbikeskilee and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.