Topic Stats

• 4 posts
  • 3 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 1 year ago by Steve_B
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

One image has been uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

Top score A I relays (resized).jpg

#1 1 year ago

I have 3 questions on a 1975 GTB "300":
1). What relay or switch activated the A relay. This relay alternates the lights along the right side rollovers.
2). What relay or switch alternates the 3 target lights.
3). Is there suppose to be a capacitor in a small Jones plug to the right of the transformer fuse.

Thanks for the help.

#2 1 year ago

This is from the Top Score (2 player version of 300) schematic so it may not be exactly right for 300:
Top score A I relays (resized).jpg
1) The A/Alternating relay is activated by the KS/Advance Unit relay which is one of those very small AS style steppers.
2) The right side target lights are controlled by the EX/2nd or 4th Ball relay. The left side target is always on. All targets also go off briefly as the score motor turns.
3) The capacitor, along with a diode and resistor are part of the delay module, typically mounted on a jones plug, to delay the firing of the I/Add Bonus Delay relay. These are used for example to let a spinner stop spinning before awarding points selected by the spinner.

/Mark

#3 1 year ago

Heres a link to a drawing of the 'bonus delay unit' from a 'Top Score' as a reference.

http://www.oldpinballs.com/index_htm_files/Top%20Score%20-%20Bonus%20Delay%20Relay%20Unit.bmp

#4 1 year ago

Mark, thanks for the information. I'll check on items 1 and 2 later this week. The bonus delay sounds similar to the one in Buccaneer.
Oldpins, thanks for the link. I should be able to build that module if I can't locate an original.
Steve

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 399.95
$ 7.95
Various Novelties
Pinball Wheezer
$ 7.00
Various Other Swag
Project Pinball Charity
$ 39.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade
$ 38.00
Electronics
Yorktown Parts and Equip
$ 17.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore
€ 159.00
Cabinet - Toppers
FlipperLED
Playfield - Other
ModFather Pinball Mods
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade
$ 109.99
Lighting - Led
Lighted Pinball Mods
$ 139.00
$ 24.95
Playfield - Decals
Hookedonpinball.com
$ 75.95
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop
$ 28.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk
$ 79.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods
$ 5,799.00
Pinball Machine
Little Shop Of Games
$ 95.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
pinballmod
Pinball Machine
Great American Pinball

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside