(Topic ID: 165035)

GTB 1971 Roller Coaster-3rd chute issue

By wayner

7 years ago

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

#1 7 years ago

Just about completed a full resto of this machine but stuck on a 3rd chute issue-advice sought.

This machine has 3 coin chutes; no 1st/2nd chute adj plug but a 3rd chute adj plug 0-5plays. The coin switches on chutes 1 & 2 share the same blue wire to the coin door jones plug. Initially switches on all 3 chutes would not activate play/replay.

Chutes 1 & 2 now resolved by reversing a hack.

However when chute 3 switch is activated it just energises W (extra chute) relay but does not add replays. Quite separately if I manually energise R hold relay chute 3 switch will energise W & add replays.

I have reviewed the chute 3 path from the schematics & as best I can confirmed all contacts ok. I would appreciate any advice/clarification on the normal Gottlieb path between a W relay & the add replay function on a credit unit. Thks Wayne

#2 7 years ago

Hi Wayne
I dont have that pin, but would assume the R "hold" relay shud lock on when 1st or 2nd chute switch is tripped?
But is not, when the 3rd chute switch is tripped.
is there a switch on that 3rd chute relay that triggers the R relay?
Sounds like thats whats missing?
just a guess.

#3 7 years ago

Thks Dr. Does not appear to be a relevant switch on 'W' relay.
I also checked my 2001 which has a similar chute setup. On 2001 when the 3rd coin switch is activated it energises W & sends the score motor on a 1/3 revolution & increases credits on the replay unit per the 3rd chute adj plug.
I have removed the motor board on Roller Coaster to get a better visual & relevant score motor switches appear in order. This one is in progress.

#4 7 years ago

Issue resolved. Discovered a hack which had negated the relationship between 'W' & 'S' relays. Re-established connection & now fully functional.

#5 7 years ago

Awesome Wayne! glad you found it so quickly.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/gtb-1971-roller-coaster and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.