Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 32 posts
  • 24 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 10 years ago by genex
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

sharing-689.jpg
    DSC_2151.jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider marcos.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#17 10 years ago

I like what you're doing...and it's a refreshing and innovative approach: an intermediate way of attracting the general public's (or at least the neighborhood's) attention to pinball in a positive manner. This is much better than hoarding pins in your basement that few people get to play. The public can occasionally play your machines, even if not in a true public location.

However, I don't think you'll be able to convert many people into pinball hobbyists.

There are plenty of people who enjoy pinball that are not hobbyists; some are new players that have just discovered it, and some have played for many years. In our league here in town of about 20, I am one of four members that actually own machines. And two of the four that do only have a single machine, with one other having two machines. Most of our leaguers have no interest in owning a machine; it's not for everyone, for various reasons.

I still believe the best way to spread pinball to the public is to operate. Even if you only operate a single machine, in the right location (that Pizza Hut?), it will draw a lot of interest...people will be talking about it, especially if pinball has been absent for a while. I know it's not practical for everyone to do so, but if you are able to, give it a try. You will be surprised by the thanks you will receive from random local people, many you would have never met in a league or at a show. And, you might just generate a little cash flow on the side. You don't have to have a brand new Stern LE or Medieval Madness...a Rollergames, Bride of Pinbot, or Dr. Dude will do.

-Mark

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider marcos.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/growing-pinball-in-my-area-video-tour-of-my-garage?tu=marcos and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.