(Topic ID: 272261)

Group Buy: Armor from Pinball.Center (deadline noonCST 7/5/20)

By Zitt

3 years ago

Topic Stats

You

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

c9e219c2f5ee8bebaa26e5290a2923746efc9392[1] (resized).jpg
#1 3 years ago

I need to do another group buy for Pinball Armor and Side Rails from Pinball.Center by the end of this holiday weekend. I need 5 confirmed customers to participate in this group buy. Here are the terms as I understand them so you know what you are getting into. This is your chance to get this armor as it isn't offered here in the states; and Pinball.Center does not ship to the USA.

First the products - Limited to in-stock items available at Pinball.Center:

Side Rails:
https://www.pinball.center/en/search?sSearch=rail&p=1&o=2

Games: Spider-Man, Star Trek, LOTR, Batman, Simpsons Pinball Party, Metallica, POTC, TRON, KISS, Iron Man, Transformers, Avatar, GOT, XMEN, Ghostbusters, Aerosmith, ACDC, Star Wars, GOTG, Deadpool, Beatles, Iron Maiden, Munsters, Jurassic, Elvis, Sopranos, BKSOR, Terminator3, Elvira_HoH

Hinge Sets:
https://www.pinball.center/en/search?sSearch=hinge&p=1&o=2

Here are the terms - understanding the terms below are a "ball park" as to what you'd expect to pay and will vary based upon final exchange rate between Euros and USD and final shipping from Germany and to you.

Side Rails are expensive to ship from Germany because they are long and narrow. They can't be shipped with other items because they do damage to items packed with it. Shipping generally is 139 euros but its the same if you order 1 set or 5 sets. There is a limit of 5 sets per order due to weight and overseas packing. As a result; we can only order in multiples of 5... but they can be a mix of any instock armor sets. This shipping charge will be shared among all the group buy participants. Meaning, 5 armor sets... 139/euros/5 sets... or 27.8euros/armor set. If you order more than one armor set; it's the number * 27.8.

Item price will be Pinball.Center's posted retail price at time of order with currency conversion. The euro to USD conversion would be whatever the currently paypal transfer rate is at the time of order. Last time paypal's exchange rate was: 0.87 but will vary.

You'd be responsible for actual shipping charges from me to you via UPS. I ship this armor stretch wrapped to a particle board to that is will survive UPS's handling... How do I know? this is the reason I'm doing this new group buy. I have shipped 10 sets of armor to people here within the domestic USA... and 9 have been received without damage. The latest method is an improvement based upon learning by UPS.
Anyway; Due to weight and length requirements... Most shipments for a single set of armor has cost about $45. I won't be able to give you an exact quote until the part is here, I have your physical address, and it can be weighed.

Finally; You pay the 3.5% fees from paypal as a separate line item for the total of the order.

I'm happy to send a real estimate via paypal. Please post here and /or send me a private PM with what you want and your paypal address. I'll happily send an estimate via Paypal's estimate system.

c9e219c2f5ee8bebaa26e5290a2923746efc9392[1] (resized).jpgc9e219c2f5ee8bebaa26e5290a2923746efc9392[1] (resized).jpg

#2 3 years ago

July 3rd mid day bump. Reminder I need to finalize this group buy by Sunday afternoon.

#3 3 years ago

Hope everyone is having a great 4th of July.
Be safe out there!

1 month later
#4 3 years ago

Since I didn't have any takers - I needed to fill out the order so I have the following sets available on my site for immediate purchase:

_Elvira's House of Horrors (side rails)
Guardians of The Galaxy - complete set (Rails & hinges - 4 piece Set)
Metallica_- complete set (Rails & hinges - 4 piece Set)
Star_Trek (side rails)

I'm unlikely to do another Armor buy - due to lack of interest. This may be your only opportunity to get this armor since it isn't sold here in the USA.

Added over 4 years ago:

Elvira side rails -- sold.

#5 3 years ago

Elvira's House of Horrors (side rails) are now out of stock - sold.

8 months later
#6 2 years ago

Given the lack of interest; I will no longer be offering to import Side Rails from Pinball.Center.

The only armor I have left in stock is stern star trek. All others is sold out / no longer listed

4 weeks later
#7 2 years ago

Nooooooo!!!! I need those Tron pieces!

Thanks for having done this while you did. I'm sure those who got in are very appreciative.

#8 2 years ago

Sorry; You can thank UPS for damaging armor and not taking responsibility.

#9 2 years ago
Quoted from Zitt:

Sorry; You can thank UPS for damaging armor and not taking responsibility

Man. That sucks. Some cool rails here. Wish I saw this a year ago

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 1,075.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Orange County Pinballs

5,900 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Salem, VA
$ 20.00
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 12.95
$ 6,595.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley

$ 19.95
Playfield - Protection
SilverBall Designs

Playfield - Protection
SilverBall Designs

5,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Uniontown, OH
Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Don's Pinball Swag Barn

$ 188.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Maine Home Recreation

$ 26.50
Playfield - Protection
ULEKstore

$ 9.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 50.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Don's Pinball Swag Barn

$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 34.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
BomberMods

$ 10.00
Cabinet - Other
Pyramid Pinball & Arcade

Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

Machine - For Sale
Brooklyn, MI
$ 6,999.99
Pinball Machine
Pinball Pro

$ 29.99
Playfield - Decals
Cento Creations

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/group-buy-armor-from-pinballcenter?hl=ksuwildcatfan and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.