(Topic ID: 167235)

Grounding Point-System 80B 20 Alpha Numeric display Board?

By BleacherBum

7 years ago

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

Untitled (resized).png
#1 7 years ago

Probably a stupid question, but can anyone show me the grounding point for a Gottlieb System 80B alpha numeric display board (20 characters-MA644)? I have added grounds to all of the other boards, but due to my deficiency in reading schematics, I am not sure where to attach a ground. I haven’t found an answer on PInwilki or other internet sites. Do people ground the display? If so, can anyone can share/suggest the location to attach a ground to the display?

Thanks,
Phil

#2 7 years ago

In research and dealing with upgrades to my two system 80B games (Genesis & TX Sector) there was no indication or recommendation of display ground mod that I am aware of. A repeat concern or suggestions I saw regarding the display was ribbon cable and circuit board condition and connection.

#3 7 years ago

Thank you rgb635 for your reply , I glad you had the same results that I have had when searching for information on grounding the boards including the display board. I was afraid that I was overlooking something obvious.

#4 7 years ago

Untitled (resized).pngUntitled (resized).png

Use something that attaches to P19 of the connector.

Ground is all the points with the same symbol. Pick an easy access one.

#5 7 years ago

Thanks Farakandl. This is helpful.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

$ 12.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
UpKick Pinball

$ 83.00
Electronics
PinballReplacementParts

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/grounding-point-system-80b-20-alpha-numeric-display-board and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.