Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 21 posts
  • 10 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 5 years ago by Yoski
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

E12850A7-7D1F-4E72-93A1-90F5FB393F88 (resized).jpeg
    967a1dd1c0cc604007241a08964c1f9b1b220c5f (resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Yoski.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#1 5 years ago

Hi,
    I need to rewire a machine with new ground wire. A common staple gun is highly inconvenient since it requires a lot of space and there is all kinds of machinery under the playfield. I am in search of a bright idea and/or tool how to fasten the new ground wire under the playfield that doesn't require removing a bunch of stuff. A pneumatic staple gun is a step in the right direction, but I don't have a compressor, so that option is out.
    Thanks much
    Mike

#3 5 years ago

Foil tape, very interesting ... That would certainly eliminate the unwieldy staple gun.

#16 5 years ago
    Quoted from jj44114:

Actually, that is not a ground wire. It carries current to the lamps. You can use insulated wire and connect it from lamp to lamp with solder or screws

I already did that in some cases but I hate to look at some patch work. In some places the wire is only held by 1 or 2 remaining strands. I patched over those with whatever wire I had available and soldered it. Works but looks like crap.

#17 5 years ago
    Quoted from Vandy89:

I used this electric one I got at Home Depot. It worked great for me, but as you can see I removed everything.
    [quoted image]

Sure, but that's what i was hoping to avoid.

#18 5 years ago
    Quoted from supermoot:

I've borrowed a compressor and used a long nose gun like this.
    amazon.com link »

That long nose stapler also has an electrical version. The one I am looking at "Duo-Fast ENC-5418A Electric Stapler" is used for carpets. How powerful are those staplers? I would hate if the staple comes out on the playfield side. I wasn't able to find a less powerful hand powered version of a long nose stapler.

#21 5 years ago
    Quoted from RWH:

Yeah they are pretty economical anymore. Harbor freight has them under $100 that will easily do what he needs.

I will have a look at those. I thought you need a much bigger an more expensive one to drive a pneumatic stapler.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Yoski.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/ground-wire-replacement?tu=Yoski and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.