(Topic ID: 207168)

Ground wire modification. A Todd TNT fix. Where can I find the pins?

By mettyfish

6 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

08-50-0116 (resized).jpg
    08030304 (resized).png
    736587 (resized).jpg
    7691 (resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider shacklersrevenge.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#23 6 years ago

I like Todds videos, he's a great guy, approachable, and does know a ton about different fixes with experience- but on the grounding issue for Gottlieb, I'm going with Clay on this one.

It really does not take long to do the recommended grounds, and after you're done, it has a solid feel to it, because you know you did each one and they're in place, where as the lone ground wire in that connector is relying too much on a good thing to not go bad. It's pinball, things go bad.

#24 6 years ago
    Quoted from waffen_spain:

Dude, to say to someone like Todd with more than 30 years of experience, that what he does is lazy and dumb you need to have big cojones, if you know what I mean.

No disrespect to Todd, because he's a good guy that knows his stuff, but I'll go to bat for Clay without even knowing him, on the experience level. Clays videos and guides have helped people too many times to count, myself included. Both of them have, really, they just disagree in some areas.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider shacklersrevenge.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/ground-wire-modification-a-todd-tnt-fix-where-can-i-find-the-pins?tu=shacklersrevenge and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.