IMG_20220503_160705035 (resized).jpg
third batch closer (resized).jpg
Grogu Ultimate Batch 3 has begun (resized).jpg
More Grogu units (resized).jpg
FEE558BF-137C-40F4-AE0B-02C4ECE65AFD (resized).jpeg
B6C97788-E495-4BF5-9613-3E53602F02EA (resized).jpeg
E7BDF792-1DB9-49E5-896C-F2FD9E96E706 (resized).jpeg
Grogu bracket (resized).jpg
There are 325 posts in this topic. You are on page 5 of 7.
#201 2 years ago
Quoted from Lermods:

I have mine running off the child insert on the left orbit. It will run in attract mode, which I like, but using the child insert, it’s nice that it coincides with the callout “go see the child” and then he starts moving. Originally, I had it triggering off one of the letters and I felt that was too much and too random.
Having taken apart many of these, I don’t find the quality to be particularly cheap. The motor, which is all we reuse, seems fairly decent and while I can’t speak much for longevity as I’ve only been running mine a few months, it’s still going strong and I have no reports of any failing.
As you say, your mileage may vary and it’s interesting to see others come up with alternatives to suit what they want.

I've had the Lermods plug and play setup in for a couple of weeks on the H insert and it's working great. I'll probably switch the insert because I like this idea. I have been leaving the machine off a bit more often when not being played, having thought about how attract mode may over use the motor, but it does seem sturdy. Given the power is coming from the back box, I wondered if some kind of wireless switch or other solution could be used to cut the power to the toy when the pin is not in use.

#202 2 years ago

So I have lermods wiring kit and it’s attached to the child insert. In attract mode grogu is moving and making thumping noise every time he moves. I figure the best way to avoid me hearing him is to attach to the magnet. Does anyone know if I can attach lermods serup to the magnet? Do I need to buy anything else? Should I just cut out the light sensor part and attach to the magnet? I’m not sure where the magnet activation is located. Thanks

#203 2 years ago

Where do you find the AceJedi Custom Wiring Kit for the animated Grogu I was reading AceJedis pdf file for instructions and it mentions this in a kit - not sure where it can be acquired or do you just have to build it from scratch?

2 weeks later
#204 2 years ago
Quoted from Medic:

So I have lermods wiring kit and it’s attached to the child insert. In attract mode grogu is moving and making thumping noise every time he moves. I figure the best way to avoid me hearing him is to attach to the magnet. Does anyone know if I can attach lermods serup to the magnet? Do I need to buy anything else? Should I just cut out the light sensor part and attach to the magnet? I’m not sure where the magnet activation is located. Thanks

Did you ever figure this out? I am thinking the same and would like to switch to a magnet.

#205 2 years ago
Quoted from Lawnboy:

Did you ever figure this out? I am thinking the same and would like to switch to a magnet.

No. Right now I just leave the door open until I’m ready to play . There is a user dpannell that started a thread and his kit supposedly hooks up to the magnet and grogu doesn’t stay on in attractive mode. The problem is he doesn’t respond to my messages https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/interactive-child-for-the-mandalorian#post-6647534

#206 2 years ago

HI Medic, sorry I missed your latest message, I just replied. I am only selling the complete mod, not the kit at this point, it's a complicated mod and I haven't figured out how to do it in a kit form.

1 week later
#207 2 years ago

Got the Grogu doll from Amazon. Can't find the tear down instructions mentioned in the thread. Greatful if someone can point me in the right direction. I consider soldering an extension cable from the sensor to the flipper button, like in this video:

#208 2 years ago

For those not wanting grogu to move in attract mode, you can add this inline switch along the power line. I have ordered the switch and will shoot a video of how to do it when it arrives next week. All you need to do is cut the wire about 6” where it connects to power and solder in the switch. Just make sure you use the same color wire for input and output. I’d rate it a 2 on a scale of 1 to 10 for difficulty. Our version of grogu connects into the backbox so if you want to run the switch to the coindoor and back to the backbox, you’ll need about 12 feet of wire. Otherwise, it’s just a matter of opening the backbox and flipping the on/off switch.

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B01FT4RBBM/ref=cm_sw_em_r_mt_dp_5BJC8SWDV19XDEA5TWA9

#209 2 years ago

I want to step down the power that leads to grogu so he doesn't dance like he's on crack. Curious if I attach this,(light intensity adjuster from comet) in line from the power out of Lermods black box,to the power into grogu if this would work? Thoughts?

Screenshot_20211221-082341~2 (resized).pngScreenshot_20211221-082341~2 (resized).png
#210 2 years ago
Quoted from Apinjunkie:

I want to step down the power that leads to grogu so he doesn't dance like he's on crack. Curious if I attach this,(light intensity adjuster from comet) in line from the power out of Lermods black box,to the power into grogu if this would work? Thoughts?
[quoted image]

That will not work on the input side of of the black box, but it might work on the output side. The input needs to be 12v to power the relay board. We run the grogu at 7.5v, stepping it down from the 15v motor. If you step it down too much, you might not have enough power to run him and could damage the motor.

There is an easier solution. Inside the black box, you will see a small green regulator board. On that regulator board is a small silver set screw that allows you to adjust voltage. With the game off, you could turn it maybe an 1/8th of a turn clockwise to see if that is where you like it. Ideally, you want to use a multimeter so you can accurately measure the voltage. With game on and sensor activated, place the probes on the output + and - through holes and you will see it measures about 7.5v. With the probes still on the through holes, you can slowly turn that screw clockwise to lower the voltage down to 5v if you like. I think if you go too low on the voltage, you could generate too much heat and shorten the life of the grogu motor.

Happy to answer questions here or via PM.

#211 2 years ago
Quoted from Lermods:

That will not work on the input side of of the black box, but it might work on the output side. The input needs to be 12v to power the relay board. We run the grogu at 7.5v, stepping it down from the 15v motor. If you step it down too much, you might not have enough power to run him and could damage the motor.
There is an easier solution. Inside the black box, you will see a small green regulator board. On that regulator board is a small silver set screw that allows you to adjust voltage. With the game off, you could turn it maybe an 1/8th of a turn clockwise to see if that is where you like it. Ideally, you want to use a multimeter so you can accurately measure the voltage. With game on and sensor activated, place the probes on the output + and - through holes and you will see it measures about 7.5v. With the probes still on the through holes, you can slowly turn that screw clockwise to lower the voltage down to 5v if you like. I think if you go too low on the voltage, you could generate too much heat and shorten the life of the grogu motor.
Happy to answer questions here or via PM.

Thank you, I will give this a try appreciate the feedback.

#212 2 years ago

Anyone managed to position grogu so his arm is not impeded by the ramp, when doing his force movement, I am about 90% there but curious if anyone else has managed it yet and if so how you positioned him.

#213 2 years ago
Quoted from J85M:

Anyone managed to position grogu so his arm is not impeded by the ramp, when doing his force movement, I am about 90% there but curious if anyone else has managed it yet and if so how you positioned him.

It's a tight fit for sure, I've got a pro and I've thought about moving him over the mini play field, he could be centered and still have room for range of motion for the arm. I'm going to monkey with it over the holiday.

#214 2 years ago

How much of the doll do you remove?

#215 2 years ago

https://www.facebook.com/groups/35138159505/permalink/10158571028689506/
Check out this link , Ace Jedi gives a detailed breakdown of everything you need to do to prep grogu for installation. Good luck.

1 week later
#216 2 years ago

Ok, got the cutoff switch today and shot a very short video. I didn't have a helper to hold the camera so I didn't record actual soldering.

Below is a link to the switch I used to stop grogu in attract mode. If anyone has any questions, please let me know. Not planning on making retrofitted adapters, but if someone is considering buying a grogu from me and wants the switch installed, I can probably do it. I have one extra switch as they come in a 2-pack.

TronicsPros 2pcs LED Strip Light Inline On/Off Switch Cable DC Jack (5.5x2.1mm) Male to Female Connector, DC Jack Switch, LED Tape Connector, 12V Inline Rocker Switch DC Power Adapter Connector https://www.amazon.com/dp/B01FT4RBBM/ref=cm_sw_r_apan_glt_fabc_RCFAWDGNVXZ2E3TY3Q52

#217 2 years ago
Quoted from Lermods:

Ok, got the cutoff switch today and shot a very short video. I didn't have a helper to hold the camera so I didn't record actual soldering.
Below is a link to the switch I used to stop grogu in attract mode. If anyone has any questions, please let me know. Not planning on making retrofitted adapters, but if someone is considering buying a grogu from me and wants the switch installed, I can probably do it. I have one extra switch as they come in a 2-pack.

TronicsPros 2pcs LED Strip Light Inline On/Off Switch Cable DC Jack (5.5x2.1mm) Male to Female Connector, DC Jack Switch, LED Tape Connector, 12V Inline Rocker Switch DC Power Adapter Connector amazon.com link »

Thanks for the suggestion Lermods. Silly question but what kind of wire can I use to extend it? Speaker wire ok? I’m thinking of attaching to the outside of the coin door but I need to figure out how to attach it. I’m hesitant but I think I may need to drill a hole to feed the wire through the door.

#218 2 years ago
Quoted from Medic:

Thanks for the suggestion Lermods. Silly question but what kind of wire can I use to extend it? Speaker wire ok? I’m thinking of attaching to the outside of the coin door but I need to figure out how to attach it. I’m hesitant but I think I may need to drill a hole to feed the wire through the door.

I should have mentioned that. You can use speaker wire if you want, 18-22 gauge is just fine, it’s cheap and easy to find at Home Depot. Hookup wire is another option, a little more expensive, use stranded, not solid. Also use 1/8” heat shrink to insulate the solder joints, electrical tape is also fine, just not as clean of a look.

2 weeks later
#219 2 years ago
Quoted from Apinjunkie:

https://www.facebook.com/groups/35138159505/permalink/10158571028689506/
Check out this link , Ace Jedi gives a detailed breakdown of everything you need to do to prep grogu for installation. Good luck.

I'm seeing "This content isn't available right now"

Did it get taken down? Or do I need to get added to a group to access it?

#220 2 years ago

I'm doing Grogu surgery with the Black Box from Lermods. I want to complete Grogu before mounting him. Can someone recommend the correct connectors to extend this connection between Grogu and the Black Box? Should I solder the extension at Grogu and then run a connector between those wires and Grogu? What connection? THANKS!

20220115_102820 (resized).jpg20220115_102820 (resized).jpg20220115_102827 (resized).jpg20220115_102827 (resized).jpg

#221 2 years ago

My first thought is to solder the connection inside Grogu with 18 gauge wire extensions running out the bottom of Grogu, then just use self tapping splicers to the Black Box under the playfield. Does that sound solid?

#222 2 years ago
Quoted from Karl_Hungus:

I'm doing Grogu surgery with the Black Box from Lermods. I want to complete Grogu before mounting him. Can someone recommend the correct connectors to extend this connection between Grogu and the Black Box? Should I solder the extension at Grogu and then run a connector between those wires and Grogu? What connection? THANKS!
[quoted image][quoted image]

You can use these or something similar.

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B013JRWCBU/ref=cm_sw_em_r_mt_dp_GNDB0K4C9JFESQ7HJ781

#223 2 years ago
Quoted from Lermods:

You can use these or something similar.
amazon.com link »

Thanks again!

#224 2 years ago

Ended up adding an on/off to turn off during attract mode. Here's the route I went.
Used the tournament hole to hold it. Using an old button I removed the button and spring. Purchased button from Amazon that would fit within the old button. Finally, tied into the power going into it.

https://www.amazon.com/DaierTek-Truck-Rocker-Switch-Plastic/dp/B07SQV871L/ref=sr_1_1_sspa

20220109_162147 (resized).jpg20220109_162147 (resized).jpg20220109_162832 (resized).jpg20220109_162832 (resized).jpg20220109_163919 (resized).jpg20220109_163919 (resized).jpg20220110_200506 (resized).jpg20220110_200506 (resized).jpg
#225 2 years ago
Quoted from waldo34:

Ended up adding an on/off to turn off during attract mode. Here's the route I went.
Used the tournament hole to hold it. Using an old button I removed the button and spring. Purchased button from Amazon that would fit within the old button. Finally, tied into the power going into it.
amazon.com link »
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Is this basically like wiring the toggle switch that Lermods posted and tying it to a push button switch? If so, I really like the idea. Nice clean install for the desired effect. Most days, I turn off my Mando after playing for a bit to not burn out Grogu, though I'd prefer to keep it on.

#226 2 years ago
Quoted from medeski7:

Is this basically like wiring the toggle switch that Lermods posted and tying it to a push button switch? If so, I really like the idea. Nice clean install for the desired effect. Most days, I turn off my Mando after playing for a bit to not burn out Grogu, though I'd prefer to keep it on.

Should be exactly the same, any on/off 12v switch will work.

#227 2 years ago
Quoted from Lermods:

Should be exactly the same, any on/off 12v switch will work.

Yes, once you posted I knew exactly what I wanted to do. Thanks for posting a solution.

#228 2 years ago
Quoted from waldo34:

amazon.com link »
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

I like this look. Nice work! What size was the old button? I read that the start button from a Pinball 2000 would fit that hole.

#229 2 years ago

Hello.. so decided to go the switch roll over approach and added a regultor for voltage and something to adjust time. I didnt come up with this i had help. Question is, what's the best way to connect to the roll over switch? Here's my rig so far.. the thought is, he will only move (slowly) for a certain amount of time, (2-4 secs) after a roll over switch is triggered. No seizures during attract mode or gameplay due to the light sensor. Thoughts?

20220114_210221 (resized).jpg20220114_210221 (resized).jpg

#230 2 years ago
Quoted from smokinhos:

Hello.. so decided to go the switch roll over approach and added a regultor for voltage and something to adjust time. I didnt come up with this i had help. Question is, what's the best way to connect to the roll over switch? Here's my rig so far.. the thought is, he will only move (slowly) for a certain amount of time, (2-4 secs) after a roll over switch is triggered. No seizures during attract mode or gameplay due to the light sensor. Thoughts?
[quoted image]

Did you get this sorted? I’m about to start using same procedure…

#231 2 years ago
Quoted from DK1983:

Did you get this sorted? I’m about to start using same procedure…

Going to try this weekend. Ill keep you posted.

#232 2 years ago

Grogu is alive!
20220123_212116.jpg20220123_212116.jpg

#233 2 years ago

Thanks to Acejedi for the instructions and everyone in this forum for sharing info/tips! I went with a step-down at 4.8v and he looks great.

Just want to share some of my notes after going through the process:
He locks in place pretty well if you set him parallel to the back wall and get the two lower stantions to slip below the ball guard.
Getting his cloak looking right while positioning him in place is a pita.
I used a floppy disk power plug from an old PC power supply for the connection to the ticket pinout. I just had to trim the risers down on the bottom of the plug head.
I agree with others on here that the doll is not going to last if it keeps running in attract mode. I'd prefer to make it activate/deactivate automatically, but not really sure what a good trigger for that would be since it would need to be something only on during a game...

All in all a pretty easy to do with all of the great instructions and info share here. It really is a must mod!

#234 2 years ago
Quoted from sslakkerr:

I'd prefer to make it activate/deactivate automatically, but not really sure what a good trigger for that would be since it would need to be something only on during a game...

I soldered a wire to the capacitive sensor on Grogus head and placed the end of the wire near the left flipper button (similar to the video below). That way it is only activated during play. I did place it a bit differently though, so that it is not registering touch all the time. Makes Grogu move a bit more randomly and saves battery (as I also still use the battery box).

Big thanks to AceJedi and Driftin8ez!

#235 2 years ago
Quoted from Karl_Hungus:

I like this look. Nice work! What size was the old button? I read that the start button from a Pinball 2000 would fit that hole.

Sorry missed your question. I have done the mod twice, once with a sega start button and with a Williams button. It looks best with with Williams button.

https://www.pinballlife.com/mm5/merchant.mvc?Screen=PROD&Product_Code=500-5728-07
https://www.pinballlife.com/williamsbally-start-button-20-9663-1.html

1 week later
#236 2 years ago

Sorry for the cross post, should have posted this here...
Hasbro Grogu @Costco for $39.99 +free shipping.

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/this-is-the-way-the-mandalorian-owners-club/page/73#post-6751849

#237 2 years ago

Has anyone seen a Grogu failure to to the constant usage yet?

#238 2 years ago
Quoted from Karl_Hungus:

I recently posted a reliability report on my thread linked below. However my version of the mod doesn't run constantly. It is triggered only by game events(child magnet, playfield diverter, ramp gate).

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/interactive-child-for-the-mandalorian#post-6753653

1 week later
#239 2 years ago
Quoted from Karl_Hungus:

Quoted from Karl_Hungus:

Mines been going fine for a few months now. Actually crapped out briefly and got me nervous but turns out I just did a crappy job soldering one of the wires. I am conscious not to leave it on indefinitely when it's not in use since it runs more consistently on attract mode and I'm trying to not just put needless wear on the mechanism.

But overall super worth it such an awesome mod.

#240 2 years ago
Quoted from PoopsMagee:

Mines been going fine for a few months now. Actually crapped out briefly and got me nervous but turns out I just did a crappy job soldering one of the wires. I am conscious not to leave it on indefinitely when it's not in use since it runs more consistently on attract mode and I'm trying to not just put needless wear on the mechanism.
But overall super worth it such an awesome mod.

Zero reported failures on any of our sales of this mod. Two things you can do if you are concerned. First is to use the child insert by the left spinner, which comes on much less frequently compared to using one of the letters in the top lanes. The second one is to add an inline on/off switch, which I documented in this thread, which allows you to easily turn him off in attract mode if his movement bothers you.

If anyone buys one of our grogus and wants an on/off switch for the backbox, happy to accommodate it.

2 weeks later
#241 2 years ago

Does anyone have a 3d Printable mount for this mod... If not I may have to go to the drawing board. If I use as comes from learmods, he doesnt quite fit even after an hour of trying to get him in place. After I got him in place he either 1. Drops on the playfield due to movement, or 2. rubs against the plastic ramps, 3. obstructs the playfield. Would love to have something to hold him up incase movement causes shifting.

#242 2 years ago
Quoted from jamesmauler1:

Does anyone have a 3d Printable mount for this mod... If not I may have to go to the drawing board. If I use as comes from learmods, he doesnt quite fit even after an hour of trying to get him in place. After I got him in place he either 1. Drops on the playfield due to movement, or 2. rubs against the plastic ramps, 3. obstructs the playfield. Would love to have something to hold him up incase movement causes shifting.

Probably not the answer you're looking for but another option. I had my grogu mounted in the traditional spot but was never happy with it. Tough to get at, Mount was questionable, limited range of motion etc.. I made this bold move over the weekend and mounted him over the mini playfield. Easily removed. Solid mount. Full range of motion. And you actually see him when you play the game. I get this is not the solution for everybody and won't work for the premium and Le owners but was just the ticket for me. Gives me a chance now to work on a spider cave mod for the left corner. I'm digging the child again.

IMG_20220301_161239503 (resized).jpgIMG_20220301_161239503 (resized).jpgIMG_20220301_161433697 (resized).jpgIMG_20220301_161433697 (resized).jpgIMG_20220301_161443912 (resized).jpgIMG_20220301_161443912 (resized).jpg
#243 2 years ago
Quoted from jamesmauler1:

I’ve had mine on for months with no shifting issues. One thing you can do Is use a 2” long screw, go through one of the original mounting holes in the backboard and attach the screw to his back. I’d cut a small slit in his cloth so it doesn’t get caught up in the screw. It’s not the most elegant solution, but it will hold him in place.

#244 2 years ago

@lermods: Have you figured out an automatic power on/off solution for your Grogu wiring kit? Looking for something that will power Grogu only during gameplay and not during attract mode, and don't want to hassle with a manual on/off switch. Been looking for another trigger in a Spike 2 pin that is game start dependent, but nothing obvious has shown up.....

#245 2 years ago
Quoted from AUKraut:

Lermods: Have you figured out an automatic power on/off solution for your Grogu wiring kit? Looking for something that will power Grogu only during gameplay and not during attract mode, and don't want to hassle with a manual on/off switch. Been looking for another trigger in a Spike 2 pin that is game start dependent, but nothing obvious has shown up.....

Nope, not really exploring that, sorry. I’m pretty happy with how it functions, and the on/off switch helps too.

#246 2 years ago

This is my implementation of the same popular animated Grogu toy mod that I’m using in my Mando premium. My design uses a microcontroller to sense when the “Child” insert LEDs on the playfield are lit and will then have Grogu do its normal random animations it would do when the toy is switched to normal mode to integrate him into the mode. It uses an interrupt that senses when the magnet on the playfield is activated and Grogu switches to the force animation mode by lifting his arm and closing his eyes like the toy normally does when switched to the force mode. I had to get creative with the internals to switch it to lift his right arm instead for the obvious reason of the ramp is in the way of the left arm. After the effect is over, I immediately have Grogu get sleepy and close his eyes for a bit, just like in the show. Lastly, when the game is over, Grogu will close his eyes and go to sleep and won’t wake up until a new game is active.

This project uses a PIC12F683 microcontroller and senses flipper activity (EOS) to set a flag that the game is actively being played. When the game is active, it monitors when the “Child” LEDs are lit and then triggers normal mode animations in a controlled manner to prevent overuse of the toy to extend its life. A reed switch is located near the magnet to sense when it is activated and sets the force mode effect next in queue. When there is no flipper activity for one minute it sets the activity flag off followed by putting Grogu to sleep. If Grogu is asleep for a while, he will wake up on his own and do a normal mode animation and immediately fall back to sleep as an attract mode every five minutes. I’m using a relay inside Grogu to trigger the capacitive touch sensor (blue) line with a capacitor switched to ground and floats when not active to start modes as if you were to touch the original metal plate inside Grogu’s head. The metal plate is permanently removed with this implementation. A second relay is used to enable the signal that the original switch on the toy would close to put Grogu in force mode. A third relay is used to open the normally closed (when upright) tilt ball sensor circuit to know when Grogu is laying on his back and this allows the control to put Grogu to sleep. I’m basically taking all the possible inputs and switch modes and bypassing them with the microcontroller and relays. At no point is the power switched off to Grogu, except for when the machine is physically turned off. All modes are configured by the appropriate configuration mode relay controlled by the microcontroller and the associated inputs and then activated by the capacitance touch relay inside Grogu to start the mode.

These toys are obviously not designed for a lot of use inside a pinball machine and using a microcontroller to do effects in a controlled manner is a great way to extend the life of the toy and make animations more special when you do see them.

20220224_130836 (resized).jpg20220224_130836 (resized).jpgGrogu (resized).jpgGrogu (resized).jpgGrogu and harnesses (resized).jpgGrogu and harnesses (resized).jpgGrogu force (resized).jpgGrogu force (resized).jpgGrogu mount (resized).jpgGrogu mount (resized).jpgGrogu mounted (resized).jpgGrogu mounted (resized).jpgGrogu necklace (resized).jpgGrogu necklace (resized).jpgGrogu right arm change (resized).jpgGrogu right arm change (resized).jpgGrogu sensor bypass (resized).jpgGrogu sensor bypass (resized).jpgGrogu touch relay (resized).jpgGrogu touch relay (resized).jpg
#247 2 years ago

Hats the f*** off to you sir. Well done! Can you post a video of it in action?

Quoted from Tekman:

This is my implementation of the same popular animated Grogu toy mod that I’m using in my Mando premium. My design uses a microcontroller to sense when the “Child” insert LEDs on the playfield are lit and will then have Grogu do its normal random animations it would do when the toy is switched to normal mode to integrate him into the mode. It uses an interrupt that senses when the magnet on the playfield is activated and Grogu switches to the force animation mode by lifting his arm and closing his eyes like the toy normally does when switched to the force mode. I had to get creative with the internals to switch it to lift his right arm instead for the obvious reason of the ramp is in the way of the left arm. After the effect is over, I immediately have Grogu get sleepy and close his eyes for a bit, just like in the show. Lastly, when the game is over, Grogu will close his eyes and go to sleep and won’t wake up until a new game is active.
This project uses a PIC12F683 microcontroller and senses flipper activity (EOS) to set a flag that the game is actively being played. When the game is active, it monitors when the “Child” LEDs are lit and then triggers normal mode animations in a controlled manner to prevent overuse of the toy to extend its life. A reed switch is located near the magnet to sense when it is activated and sets the force mode effect next in queue. When there is no flipper activity for one minute it sets the activity flag off followed by putting Grogu to sleep. If Grogu is asleep for a while, he will wake up on his own and do a normal mode animation and immediately fall back to sleep as an attract mode every five minutes. I’m using a relay inside Grogu to trigger the capacitive touch sensor (blue) line with a capacitor switched to ground and floats when not active to start modes as if you were to touch the original metal plate inside Grogu’s head. The metal plate is permanently removed with this implementation. A second relay is used to enable the signal that the original switch on the toy would close to put Grogu in force mode. A third relay is used to open the normally closed (when upright) tilt ball sensor circuit to know when Grogu is laying on his back and this allows the control to put Grogu to sleep. I’m basically taking all the possible inputs and switch modes and bypassing them with the microcontroller and relays. At no point is the power switched off to Grogu, except for when the machine is physically turned off. All modes are configured by the appropriate configuration mode relay controlled by the microcontroller and the associated inputs and then activated by the capacitance touch relay inside Grogu to start the mode.
These toys are obviously not designed for a lot of use inside a pinball machine and using a microcontroller to do effects in a controlled manner is a great way to extend the life of the toy and make animations more special when you do see them.
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

#248 2 years ago

Seriously, nice work. You've addressed all of the issues here. A nice solid accessible mount. Swapping the arm! And given some thought as to when, and how he interacts with the game.

#249 2 years ago

Wow seriously man great work! Not sure what other improvements can be made this is outstanding.

Quoted from Tekman:

[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

#250 2 years ago

Hey Pinsiders,

I just got done installing animatronic Grogu mod following Ace Jedi instructions and Lermods wiring harness set up and successfully installed the animatronic grogu toy in the machine and it looks and performs great. I thought I was done with the side armor rails, shooter know and art blades but eventually I realized I wanted this mod in my machine as well.

It was a fun little project to work on for a bit this weekend and not too difficult. I have a dremel and picked up a soldering iron and went to work taking apart the toy, cut some plastic with the dremel, wiring in the harness connection and re assembly. The wiring harness from Lermods makes this easy even down to providing sticky tape on the connection box to make mounting simple.

When all was done and I got the toy set in the machine correctly this mod looks and play awesome.

Definitely worth adding to any machine. Thanks Lermods for the harness and Acejedi for the guide.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Machine - For Sale
Corbin, KY
6,250 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Bay Shore, NY
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 495.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
CRCades

$ 69.99
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

€ 110.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

$ 8,500.00
Pinball Machine
The Pinball Place

$ 1,999.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Maine Home Recreation

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
JK Pinball

$ 22.95
6,200 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Las Cruces, NM
$ 130.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

€ 90.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

€ 65.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

€ 45.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

7,250 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Washington, VA
$ 110.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Diddy's Pinball Mods

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 89.99
Cabinet - Decals
Maine Home Recreation

Cabinet - Decals
Space Coast Pinball

Lighting - Backbox
Myth Pinball Parts Shop

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Cheap Drainz Shop

$ 9.00
Cabinet - Other
Mooshue's Market

$ 70.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Diddy's Pinball Mods

Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 325 posts in this topic. You are on page 5 of 7.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/grogu-modding-thread/page/5 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.