Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 40 posts
  • 23 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 4 years ago by c508
  • Topic is favorited by 1 Pinsider

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_7661 (resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Who-Dey.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#8 4 years ago
    Quoted from lancestorm:

It's another set of hands touching your food + bags vs interacting near other people going your own. Both are a gamble.

Far less of a gamble than going inside the store and shopping.

#10 4 years ago
    Quoted from jp1985:

I agree. They are saying they have found the virus in the air ducts within hospitals. I don’t think grocery stores have the best hvac system.

Well I'm mainly talking about just to keep from having to be around people. This shit has made me not even want to get near anyone.

#14 4 years ago
    Quoted from jlm33:

To be honest, risk is minimal if you take basic precautions: wash your hands after accepting delivery, remove wrappings if any and discard them immediately - don't keep them in your kitchen (and wash your hands again !)
    If possible have a sufficient supply of fruits and vegetables so that you can leave them for a few days in you cellar. The virus is very, very unlikely to survive many days at the surface of a fruit or vegetable. Wash them before using them (bleach is NOT recommended !)... and wash your hands again.
    And... giving a tip to the delivery person won't hurt. He (she) is taking a greater risk.

We set up a table in the garage and we just leave the groceries out there for a week or maybe even longer before we bring them in and anything that we do bring in that we have to refrigerate or freeze we wipe them off with the bleach wipes. Same with mail, I spray it with lysol and leave it in the garage until the next day.

#27 4 years ago
    Quoted from jp1985:

"The next two weeks are extraordinarily important," said Birx. "This is the moment to not be going to the grocery store, not going to the pharmacy, but doing everything you can to keep your family and your friends safe and that means everybody doing the six-feet distancing, washing their hands."
    https://www.npr.org/2020/04/04/826741317/federal-government-implements-relief-as-nation-reels-from-coronavirus-pandemic

I think it's safe to go to the grocery if you do curbside pickup.

#32 4 years ago
    Quoted from PinballNewb:

For adults, eat a spoonful of peanut butter. Works every time and eating a spoonful of PB is just awesome anyway.
    Just finished up my weekly store venture earlier. I may look into delivery going forward, but much prefer getting my own stuff.

Delivery is much safer. I cant find any mask anywhere so if never go in a crowded store. I did go into a dollar store today but there was only a couple of people in there. I zipped in and right back out as quick as I could.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Who-Dey.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/groceries-delivered?tu=Who-Dey and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.