• 4 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 1 year ago by Garrett
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

Strange World 2nd Chute relay (resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Garrett.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#3 1 year ago

Do you have the paperwork that came with it? I had a Grid but recently sold it. The manual has the start up sequence.

EDIT: See the link below for startup sequence if you don't have the manual.

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/gridiron-start-up-u-relay

1 week later
#9 1 year ago

The Vari targets are a bit touchy. Too much spring and it's hard to max it for the touchdown. Too little pressure and it may fail to reset. And you have to adjust it with the playfield up but test it with the playfield down. May take a bit of tweaking.

The Tilt light should not be on.

#11 1 year ago

I would check the contacts on the Tilt relay stack. Make sure they are opening and closing properly. I don't have the schematic in front of me, have a copy at home. But these other gentlemen helping you are far more qualified than I. Check what they suggest first.

#13 1 year ago
Quoted from llphil67:

WOO..HOO... Game is up and running! Thanks to everyone who has helped walk me through this. Now onto the heart of the issue. Yes, there were several individual issues that needed tweaking, but the main problem was caused by....you aint gonna believe it....wasps! Upon removing the coin mechanism on chute 2 to access coin drop switch, viola...mud dauber nest! Seems that when they built their muddy nest they moved the insulating paper from the switch and the coin drop spring was resting against the switch leaf. I replaced paper, put spring in properly, replaced coin mech, hit go and played two games! Now I've got to figure out why my Dealers Choice is starting up and scoring on player 4 instead of player 1. Will be starting that thread now. Thanks again to everyone, couldn't have done it without you!

Nice find. You just never know with these old EM's.

I liked the Grid, reasonably quick gameplay. The Vari's are tough to hit but it is a satisfying shot when you slam a touchdown.

If you noticed, on 5 ball play the Vari's only score points and the touchdown. On 3 ball the Vari's gives points, yards and the touchdown.

I liked it on 3 ball and extra ball instead of credit. Can lead to some marathon games

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 45.00
Flipper Parts
Tom's Pinball

Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Hey modders!
Your shop name here

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Garrett.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/gridiron-re-set-and-lock-bar?tu=Garrett and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.