Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 24 posts
  • 5 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 2 years ago by Garrett
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

Motor switches (resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Jon9508.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#1 2 years ago

Wow first off let me say ems are a different animal. I would rather work on a mpu/driver board. So i have this gridiron. It won't start a game with the ball in the trough hole. Once I pull the ball out. The flippers and all of the mechs work and score. When I let the ball drain it doesn't end the ball and start the next ball. When the ball sits in the drain hole the stepper unit just spins and never stops and lights flash. Not sure what relays controls what. I did take the time today and clean every contact and adjust the switches. Any help would be much appreciated. Can't seem to find a manual online. Guess I will have to buy one from pbr or marcos.

#3 2 years ago

Yes. All score reels are at zero. Ball is at 1. Football is on the first one. Just went back and looked at all of the reels. Bottom switch is closed on them when at zero. They seem to be all making contact.

#7 2 years ago

When the ball is in the hole the lights flash. Like when the varie targets are hit. No I can't launch the ball with the right flipper. Power is killed to all of the coils until I physically remove the ball from the hole.

#9 2 years ago
    Quoted from DaMoib:

Can you tell which switch is powering the motor (see schematic)? One way might be to (with the playfield up) close the ball return switch manually and see which relays are pulling in... or use slips of paper in the switches to block each switch until you find the one that is making the motor run.
    Sorry for the quality of the schematic (and ignore the markings), I only have a few disjoint snippets...[quoted image]

I will look at it in a few. I am guessing that's the score motor(one in the cab) yea it runs nonstop while trying to reset.

#10 2 years ago

Looks like I am going to have to buy a schematic from marcos. When the ball is tripping the out hole switch. The player motor , the score motor both run. And the lights on the upper playfield flash. Take the ball out. I can flip the right flipper. Left seems to be dead now also one of the chimes isn't trigging now. As far as the relays pulling in. Game over pulls, 1st ball pulls in. I just got done. Pulling every switch and the score motor and reinstalling. All adjusted and cleaned. Also went back over the relays in the bottom. Makes sure they were all adjusted correctly and contacts cleaned. After 3 hours decided that was enough for today. Nothing changed.

#12 2 years ago
    Quoted from DaMoib:

I wouldn't recommend wholesale cleaning and adjusting of switches, you're likely to cause more issues than you solve.
    Definitely get a schematic.
    By "player motor", you mean the Player Unit in the backbox? Is the "Ball in Play" continuously changing and going on/off?

Yes both the player and the score motors are going.

#15 2 years ago

I tighten all of the stacks. Some were loose for sure. It's a shame I had to spend 35 dollars on a schematic, but it's coming. To much time wasted for me not to get but to work. Hope I can read it. Looks like a foreign language l.

#17 2 years ago
    Quoted from tomdrum:

$35? NOS is $16.50 from PBR.

Lol. Went with marcos. Pbr is a pain sometimes.

#20 2 years ago

I have ordered from him before. It's just a pain. Plus people have been posting the last few weeks that's he has been so busy not taking emails orders and having to call and hope he answers. Also I am pretty close to marcos. Usually get order the next day or 2 at the most.

#23 2 years ago

The manual and schematics should be here today. Hopefully I will have time tonight to dive into it. Goals will be trying to figure out why when the ball is in the drain hole the game thinks the variy targets or triggering and kills the launch coil on the right flipper button. Then figure out why I don't have any flipper power of my left flippers.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Jon9508.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/gridiron-help-?tu=Jon9508 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.