Topic Stats

• 6 posts
  • 4 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 6 years ago by VMethos
  • Topic is favorited by 1 Pinsider

You

Linked Games

#1 6 years ago

I'm having some issues figuring out how to complete Stark when I'm playing as Greyjoy. I used to choose Martel, but have begun experimenting with choosing Greyjoy as my house.

Previously with Martel, when I was playing Stark, it was hit the ramp a bunch of times to build the value and then collect on the orbit. It appears as though when Greyjoy is your house, finishing Stark isn't the same. I ran the value up to 75 million 3 different times and then hit the orbit, but the mode wouldn't finish.

I tried hitting a bunch of other shots that were lit and after 4 or 5 tries at Stark it finally finished, but I have no clue why.

Is there something I'm missing? This is the Pro version if that matters.

#2 6 years ago
Quoted from Spyderturbo007:

I'm having some issues figuring out how to complete Stark when I'm playing as Greyjoy. I used to choose Martel, but have begun experimenting with choosing Greyjoy as my house.
Previously with Martel, when I was playing Stark, it was hit the ramp a bunch of times to build the value and then collect on the orbit. It appears as though when Greyjoy is your house, finishing Stark isn't the same. I ran the value up to 75 million 3 different times and then hit the orbit, but the mode wouldn't finish.
I tried hitting a bunch of other shots that were lit and after 4 or 5 tries at Stark it finally finished, but I have no clue why.
Is there something I'm missing? This is the Pro version if that matters.

I think you have to complete all the greyjoy shots before it'll allow the other mode to finish?

#3 6 years ago

That's correct.
While playing as house Greyjoy, there will be additional shots lit up Purple. You have to complete each of these shots to be able to finish the modes. This makes completing each mode a little bit more challenging, but that is the trade-off for being able to gain access to all the house benefits for completing modes as Greyjoy.

In the case of playing the Stark mode as Greyjoy, you need to complete the left orbit, right orbit, left ramp, and right ramp shots... then you need to hit either ramp before finishing the modes on either orbit. Additional shots to the ramps will build the value prior to completing the final orbit shot.

#4 6 years ago
Quoted from VMethos:

You have to complete each of these shots to be able to finish the modes. This makes completing each mode a little bit more challenging, but that is the trade-off for being able to gain access to all the house benefits for completing modes as Greyjoy.

Ah. That makes sense. Is that just with Stark or with all modes? I didn't notice it on anything other than Stark, but perhaps the purple shots line up with the shots for the other houses I typically go after.

#5 6 years ago
Quoted from Spyderturbo007:

Is that just with Stark or with all modes?

Most modes...maybe 1 that doesn't.

#6 6 years ago

All House modes have additional shots while playing as Greyjoy. (Baratheon, Targaryen, Lannister, Stark, Martell, and Tyrell)
Most aren't too bad. Stark is probably the biggest increase in difficulty in my opinion.

Other examples of how Greyjoy changes a mode:
Targaryen (1st Dragon) normally requires that you hit either ramp, then either orbit, then the Dragon shot to complete.
As Greyjoy (Targaryen 1) requires that you hit either the drop targets or light lock targets, then either orbit, then either ramp, then Dragon.

Tyrell mode: shoot either the dragon or a ramp, then lock targets, and repeat.
As Greyjoy: same thing, except you need to shoot the dragon shot, and BOTH ramps while completing this mode. (you can't keep repeating the same shot to complete the mode as normal. i.e.: right ramp, lock target, right ramp, lock target, right ramp, lock target)

The various multiballs and wizard modes are not different than normal, however. Only house modes are changed.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 12.00
Tools
Nezzy's Pinball Prints
Tools
Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball
Other
$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods
Shooter rods

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/greyjoy-stark and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.