(Topic ID: 226272)

Green Gottlieb certificate

By Inkochnito

5 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

3166B53F-C266-43FC-9BD9-360E8F49A056 (resized).jpeg
    20181009_205718_resized (resized).jpg
    F9F6D24F-854B-4A20-BAF0-6CF7C2AD0B77 (resized).jpeg
    6DF0E40D-1C20-4BF4-82BC-9E5930C9965C (resized).jpeg
    A67AF1D1-F748-4496-BA4F-1344CDCCBAD0 (resized).jpeg
    20181008_194338 (resized).jpg
    20181008_194945 (resized).jpg
    image-16 (resized).jpg
    image-17 (resized).jpg
    a37402143438caa98ed6eb92b98620d26d27fcfb (resized).jpg
    DSC09619 (resized).JPG
    cert (resized).JPG
    Gottlieb_Joker_Poker_SS_08283.pdf (PDF preview)
    20171111_155804 (resized).jpg
    test2.pdf (PDF preview)
    Certificate (resized).JPG
    There are 58 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 2.
    #51 5 years ago
    Quoted from pinhead52:

Look at the serial number database and pick an appropriate number for the game, ie 1 more then the suggested range

OK. So it looks like the serial numbers run between 04000 and 05600 based on a run of 1600 games. So I will pick 05606 just to have something on the game. I also thought about putting something out of bounds so it doesn't look like it might be the last game off the production line. Something like A1126.

Funny when I explain things that are important to pinball collectors to my friends they look at me funny. This one I will not try to explain...

#52 5 years ago
    Quoted from John_I:

OK. So it looks like the serial numbers run between 04000 and 05600 based on a run of 1600 games. So I will pick 05606 just to have something on the game. I also thought about putting something out of bounds so it doesn't look like it might be the last game off the production line. Something like A1126.
    Funny when I explain things that are important to pinball collectors to my friends they look at me funny. This one I will not try to explain...

I did the same thing with another game, picked a number a couple passed the range, added an R (forgot what I intended for the R) registered it on the serial web site and put in the notes this it was made up/couldnt read the original that was scratched out... they got a little pissy. I certainly would like to see every game listed on the serial db, whether it has a original serial number or not... they did not see my point of view. Yes we are an annul lot.

#53 5 years ago
    Quoted from John_I:

I've looked under every label and every one of the suggested spots and then some. I stood on a stool to carefully look at the top of the machine and even crawled underneath. This machine was simply not marked with a serial number! I guess I will just make one up! Maybe my birthday or something.

There exists a minty, unmolested EM Close Encounters of the Third Kind that—like your Centigrade 37—has no serial number markings anywhere. I tried to buy it years ago, but another collector snapped it up because I was too cheap. Apparently it belonged to a Gottlieb executive and wasn’t a sample or production unit. There are pictures of it on the IPDB, and the current owner posted a video of him playing it on YouTube.

1 year later
    #54 4 years ago

Made some today for my Paul Bunyan. Better than nothing.

3166B53F-C266-43FC-9BD9-360E8F49A056 (resized).jpeg3166B53F-C266-43FC-9BD9-360E8F49A056 (resized).jpeg
    #55 4 years ago

I have a base file for these kind of serial number labels.
    Just send me an image (per email) from your serial number and I'll send you a reproduction file in return.

Peter
    http://www.inkochnito.nl

1 year later
    #56 2 years ago
    Quoted from leckmeck:

Last summer I scanned the best-looking certificate I had at 1200dpi and cleaned it up a little in Photoshop at 600dpi. I didn’t fix every imperfection or incomplete wavy line. The original certificates were smudged and imperfect, especially the green border. Let me know if you want the file, Peter.
    [quoted image]

I uploaded a PDF copy of this scan to my server for anybody who needs it. The embedded image is not JPEG so it has no compression artifacts.

https://jason.heiser.org/files/gottlieb-certificate.pdf

#57 2 years ago
    Quoted from leckmeck:

I uploaded a PDF copy of this scan to my server for anybody who needs it. The embedded image is not JPEG so it has no compression artifacts.
    https://jason.heiser.org/files/gottlieb-certificate.pdf

Any interest in doing a small run of these? I'd be happy to pick up the tab for the ink and paper and help.

Thanks for uploading by the way.

#58 2 years ago

What type of paper is everyone printing on?

There are 58 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 2.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/green-gottlieb-certificate/page/2 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.