(Topic ID: 257530)

Greek Gods Homebrew

By Cmartin1235

4 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

image0(13) (resized).jpeg
    9E556FAA-556E-498F-A0FE-DD28A7C33A82 (resized).jpeg
    B1EC1E3C-6B14-434F-9CE6-ABEBEFC11054 (resized).jpeg
    instructions_powerball (resized).png
    opz_cm (resized).jpg
    0716152E-150F-4992-B229-217D51098B9C (resized).jpeg
    D78F0663-CC8D-4EFD-8A79-833896405431 (resized).jpeg
    D15270C0-04CF-44D6-8E61-88E0F26D0E1F (resized).jpeg
    E53402F7-3D90-45EF-B7DE-C2171F6076C5 (resized).jpeg
    DD5A9AE4-D15C-4089-A216-D8DE20B37FCC (resized).jpeg
    1A4CC227-F1C6-4CC8-B1E0-EDFD5D4DCE31 (resized).jpeg
    10598323-F756-458F-BD25-9AEA41D44384 (resized).jpeg
    B21E0817-A11C-4A03-8497-8F2EA3DDBF9D (resized).jpeg
    Screen Shot 2022-01-09 at 3.43.14 PM (resized).png
    goodtop25percent (resized).png
    bottom25percent (resized).png

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider isochronic_frost.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#78 3 years ago
    Quoted from Cmartin1235:

Coming together nicely. It’s just big enough for the job. But this on the floor stuff is killing my back. I put the 24 v supply and 4 stepper motor drivers in a Keurig Cup dispenser no longer being used at work. Yay. Saved $20.
    [quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Is this a project you’ve been doing for a while? The amount of updates and progress in the span of an hour or two is pretty fast and furious!

I mean you said “I may build my own CNC machine” and an hour later you post the finished thing!

Impressive.

Quoted from Cmartin1235:

People must be wondering by now what about the translucent LCD screen and the underworld? Well, that part is working really nicely. Because the screen is so dark, I have to light the slingshots with really bright 12 V flashers. They are from an automotive website. Each ear has a magnet and four optical switches that can either accelerate the ball, stop it or even reverse its direction. But the player can only see the central square area. Including the upper play field I’m up to five magnets in this beast is getting really heavy. In fact, my play field bows considerably when I lift it. I will need to reinforce that in the next iteration
    [quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

So this entire massive unit will sit underneath the game and be displayed on the LCDs instead of using a tiny window like Black Hole, HH, and other games?
    That’s a nice idea, a little peephole into the invisible underworld. Definitely a fan of that idea, sounds like a service nightmare though

The upper playfield seems a bit barren though, and the left sling/bumper nest seems like it will catch the ball for too long.

I like your use of magnets to accelerate and decelerate the ball. Just beware of rapid magnetization.

#99 3 years ago
    Quoted from Cmartin1235:

OK, maybe I can sort of salvage this. I can move the post supporting the lower end of the slingshot band up about 3 mm. But I still have to move down my in line, outline divider. And I have to change the angle of the L so it still meets up with the flipper holes.The only way it’s going to work is if I fabricate some new type of divider that sits offset from the general illumination holes that are already in the play field.That could gain me the additional millimeters I need. But I will lose the general illumination.

That’s rough, always test your white wood and test it again!
    I’m sure you can make do with it

#114 3 years ago
    Quoted from Cmartin1235:

Another finishing touch: I can’t add more flipper buttons very easily with the metal side rails which I chose. So instead I am putting this giant switch at thigh level. Leaning into the machine activates a mode where are the upper slingshots become controlled by the flipper buttons and the flippers go dead. This makes a game of skill to keep the pinball in that zone containing two slingshots and the pop. Score enough hits in that zone and it opens up locking on the ramp just above the left upper slingshot. Just remember to take your thigh off the button when the ball comes zipping out past the whirl pool magnet at the real flippers.
    Yep, It is going on the coin door. I guess everybody plays for free.
    [quoted image]

Very nice, a true Python-inspired design!
    The pinball circus originally and infamously had a snake between the flippers that you had to pelvic thrust the machine to active the snake save! Williams obviously cut this out...

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider isochronic_frost.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/greek-gods-homebrew?tu=isochronic_frost and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.