ramp police (resized).jpg
2 cents (resized).jpg
DSCF6866 (resized).JPG
DSCF6863 (resized).JPG
DSCF6860 (resized).JPG
DSCF6858 (resized).JPG
p184605_b_v8_ac (resized).jpg
534F2E32-C604-4857-9B49-80826D2C4A16 (resized).jpeg
There are 51 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 2.
#1 4 years ago

had a guy contact me about a"want ad" that i had up a year ago. i was looking for the ramps for a bally game show. He asked me if i ever had any luck finding them. i told him i had a few offers from people on purchasing their used ones, but i thought they were too high on asking price and were in worse shape than the ones i already had on it.....So, i just repaired mine and sold the game. I gave him the info of one of the gentleman that did contact me with a set of used ramps. He was asking $80 for the left ramp when he contacted me last year asking me if i would like to buy them. well... the new interested buyer contacts me back after i give him the guys info and tells me now the guy is asking $500 for the 2 ramps now. I can see maybe asking a little higher price on something that is hard to come by. but these things are rough and used with cracks. trying to bend the guy over and take full advantage of him like this is absurd. Its a shame we have people like this on here.

#2 4 years ago
534F2E32-C604-4857-9B49-80826D2C4A16 (resized).jpeg534F2E32-C604-4857-9B49-80826D2C4A16 (resized).jpeg
#3 4 years ago

Wow! I am shocked, I say SHOCKED to
Find that there's gambling at
This
Establishment!

Here's a little
Known secret: buy from then andn they wil fly th with coop m

#4 4 years ago
Quoted from Rdoyle1978:

Wow! I am shocked, I say SHOCKED to
Find that there's gambling at
This
Establishment!
Here's a little
Known secret: buy from then andn they wil fly th with coop m

little rusty on my pig latin

#5 4 years ago
Quoted from ccbiggsoo7:

had a guy contact me about a"want ad" that i had up a year ago. i was looking for the ramps for a bally game show. He asked me if i ever had any luck finding them. i told him i had a few offers from people on purchasing their used ones, but i thought they were too high on asking price and were in worse shape than the ones i already had on it.....So, i just repaired mine and sold the game. I gave him the info of one of the gentleman that did contact me with a set of used ramps. He was asking $80 for the left ramp when he contacted me last year asking me if i would like to buy them. well... the new interested buyer contacts me back after i give him the guys info and tells me now the guy is asking $500 for the 2 ramps now. I can see maybe asking a little higher price on something that is hard to come by. but these things are rough and used with cracks. trying to bend the guy over and take full advantage of him like this is absurd. Its a shame we have people like this on here.

I wonder if there is more to the story that you/we don't know about.
Such as: Did the seller not like the potential buyers approach on the phone, and stuck to a high price as a way to get rid of the guy and end the conversation. Or is the seller having harder times now financially.

Not saying I agree with the high price. I mean come on, it's for a Bally Game Show machine.

How much would a new set of ramps cost? Or has no one made repro ramps for that game?

#6 4 years ago
p184605_b_v8_ac (resized).jpgp184605_b_v8_ac (resized).jpg
#7 4 years ago
Quoted from ccbiggsoo7:had a guy contact me about a"want ad" that i had up a year ago. i was looking for the ramps for a bally game show. He asked me if i ever had any luck finding them. i told him i had a few offers from people on purchasing their used ones, but i thought they were too high on asking price and were in worse shape than the ones i already had on it.....So, i just repaired mine and sold the game. I gave him the info of one of the gentleman that did contact me with a set of used ramps. He was asking $80 for the left ramp when he contacted me last year asking me if i would like to buy them. well... the new interested buyer contacts me back after i give him the guys info and tells me now the guy is asking $500 for the 2 ramps now. I can see maybe asking a little higher price on something that is hard to come by. but these things are rough and used with cracks. trying to bend the guy over and take full advantage of him like this is absurd. Its a shame we have people like this on here.

I'm the seller. It is a complete 5 ramp set from the populated Game Show PF that I parted out. It is nobodies business here, especially the ops, but our deal is 400 + shipping. I said 440 shipped to give the buyer a final number. That is a complete 5 ramp set. Notice the 500 for 2 ramps that the op says in his little pissy post. I have no idea why he did that as he is not the buyer anyway. I theorize his panties might have gotten in a bunch or possibly he forgot to take his meds.

If anyone wants to try and determine if I am a stand up guy or not, you are welcome to check out my feedbacks on my profile. Dean Darnell

#8 4 years ago

Also I would have loved to have sold these to Freeplay40 for future reproduction. In that case they would have been cheaper, so all would have a shot at new ramps. I am the guy who sold him Transporter the Rescue ramps which he went on to re-produce for others. Freeplay40 and Starship Fantacy were both asked, and they both said that there would be insufficient sales to ever reproduce for that title. I agree. Now I am selling the one set I got, then there will be no more.

#9 4 years ago
Quoted from dozer1:

I'm the seller. It is a complete 5 ramp set from the populated Game Show PF that I parted out. It is nobodies business here, especially the ops, but our deal is 400 + shipping. I said 440 shipped to give the buyer a final number. That is a complete 5 ramp set. Notice the 500 for 2 ramps that the op says in his little pissy post. I have no idea why he did that as he is not the buyer anyway. I theorize his panties might have gotten in a bunch or possibly he forgot to take his meds.
If anyone wants to try and determine if I am a stand up guy or not, you are welcome to check out my feedbacks on my profile. Dean Darnell

Well, I for one am shocked! Shocked I tell you!
I had no idea there were 5 ramps on a Gameshow.

#10 4 years ago

Maybe it was 4, whatever. That would still be twice as many as the op was talking about.

DSCF6858 (resized).JPGDSCF6858 (resized).JPGDSCF6860 (resized).JPGDSCF6860 (resized).JPGDSCF6863 (resized).JPGDSCF6863 (resized).JPGDSCF6866 (resized).JPGDSCF6866 (resized).JPG
#11 4 years ago

So the price went from $80 for one to $400 for four in a year?

#12 4 years ago

Looks like $80 for 1 to $400 for 4, a 25% increase after a year. Big deal. Hardly greedy.

#13 4 years ago

and the $500 price for the two ramps, turned out to be $400 plus shipping ($440) for a four piece set.
I figured there was more to the story.

No need to keep cutting on dozer. Buyer wouldn't buy if price was too high for him.

#14 4 years ago

I can definitely vouch for the seller. Great guy

#15 4 years ago
Quoted from billyd:

I can definitely vouch for the seller. Great guy

+1

#16 4 years ago

Dozer is top notch. He has gone out of his way to help me numerous times.

#17 4 years ago

And this is why you dont post second hand info that isn't really anyone's business.

#18 4 years ago

If you don’t like the price, either negotiate or don’t buy, it’s that simple.

#19 4 years ago

how much the guy wants, or how many ramps there are, is no one's biz but the seller and any potential buyer. and certainly not for this kangaroo court to judge. the guy is free to ask for $1000 for one ramp for all i give a crap.

#20 4 years ago

I have done business with & worked on a project with Dozer as well as bought parts from him ,although we have never met in person we have talked on the phone many times , the guy is an asset to the community not a con artist or anything of the sort (if it wasn't for him we perhaps Never would have had the Transporter ramps crossover & etc... reproduced)

#21 4 years ago

Just my ... 2 cents,
I've also done business with dozer1 nothing but a positive experience here.

2 cents (resized).jpg2 cents (resized).jpg
#22 4 years ago

Note to self: Never answer one of ccbiggsoo7's want ads.

#23 4 years ago
Quoted from Atari_Daze:

Just my ... 2 cents,
I've also done business with dozer1 nothing but a positive experience here.[quoted image]

what'd you buy from dozer1 for 2 cents?

#24 4 years ago
Quoted from jeffspinballpalace:

what'd you buy from dozer1 for 2 cents?

4 ramps before the price hike

#25 4 years ago
Quoted from brenna98:

If you don’t like the price, either negotiate or don’t buy, it’s that simple.

You would think that would be simple but not in this hobby. I have no idea why people can't just move along when the price is out of their range.

The seller gets to price his own property based on what it's worth to him. If no one wants to pay that price then he gets to keep his stuff. So fucking simple but people lose their minds over prices they don't like and then treat the seller like shit which is a much worse behavior than asking a high price for an item you own.

#26 4 years ago
Quoted from bigehrl:

how much the guy wants, or how many ramps there are, is no one's biz but the seller and any potential buyer. and certainly not for this kangaroo court to judge. the guy is free to ask for $1000 for one ramp for all i give a crap.

$1000 for one would be a bit greedy though

#27 4 years ago
ramp police (resized).jpgramp police (resized).jpg
#28 4 years ago

Hey, if people are willing to pay the price... Its sales, you are either selling it or not at the end of the day.

#29 4 years ago

This isn't a cheap hobby so to speak. People can ASK whatever they like. If that don't suit you. Lump it. It's really not necessary to create such drama. Dozer is a fair decent guy. Nothing more to see here.

#30 4 years ago
Quoted from crassmage:

This isn't a cheap hobby so to speak. People can ASK whatever they like. If that don't suit you. Lump it. It's really not necessary to create such drama. Dozer is a fair decent guy. Nothing more to see here.

No drama here, just another pinsider whining pointlessly about things he can't control that doesn't affect him or concern him.

Nothing new.

#31 4 years ago

Well, well, well... How the turntables.

#32 4 years ago
Quoted from Atari_Daze:

Just my ... 2 cents,
I've also done business with dozer1 nothing but a positive experience here.[quoted image]

Me as well. Nice guy.

It costs what it costs. You dont like it, dont buy it. BOO HOO.

Demand, meet supply.

#33 4 years ago
Quoted from ccbiggsoo7:

This kind of fu#$*ng drama is exactly why I rarely answer WTB posts anymore... I would rather toss it in the trash than subject myself to the hysteria that some people need to start if they feel things don't line up exactly with their personal worldview. Price Policing an ad is one thing, but crying about details of a private sale? That not only you were not a part of but misrepresented the details of the terms of the potential deal? WT actual F? Sure, almost everyone has a different view to this hobby - and rarely does that line up exactly with how someone else may approach things - but can we at least get some honesty?

#34 4 years ago

I’ll add this to the list of why I’m leaving this site and getting out of this hobby. Met a bunch of great people but the few rotten eggs floating around have ruined the fun of this.

#35 4 years ago
Quoted from hockeymutt:

I’ll add this to the list of why I’m leaving this site and getting out of this hobby. Met a bunch of great people but the few rotten eggs floating around have ruined the fun of this hobby. The pinball hobby is 60% greed and 40% pleasure.

Just about everything is in life is what you make of it. It seems odd that games that you play by yourself in your own home can somehow be negatively affected by anything. Yes there are a ton of losers and OCD weirdos in this hobby. There are also a lot of great people and a few of them are OCD weirdos.

#36 4 years ago

It sucks big-time.

#37 4 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

[quoted image]

Greed is good....just ask Stern

#38 4 years ago
Quoted from jgentry:

Just about everything is in life is what you make of it.

Pretty much. If you come here for the drama, drama is what you will find. If you're here for the camaraderie, tech questions, modding, tournaments, shows, or any other aspects of the hobby, that's probably what you'll find.

Quoted from hockeymutt:

Met a bunch of great people but the few rotten eggs floating around have ruined the fun of this.

Put them on ignore, and you won't have to see them at all.

#39 4 years ago
Quoted from hockeymutt:

Met a bunch of great people but the few rotten eggs floating around have ruined the fun of this.

I agree with the sentiment, but it cracked me up a guy from “Egg Harbor” mentioned it

#40 4 years ago

This has got to be the only forum where after somewhere in the world some person sells some other person some thing for some price and there’s a big old discussion about it. For cripes sake people, please seek employment.

#41 4 years ago
Quoted from jackd104:

This has got to be the only forum where after somewhere in the world some person sells some other person some thing for some price and there’s a big old discussion about it.

http://services.runescape.com/m=forum/forums.ws?17,18,848,66041358,goto,1

#42 4 years ago

Touché. Another super nerd population.

#44 4 years ago

dozer1 is a cool guy. We don't live all that far apart and met through pinside. We've gotten together a few times just to play. I ended up selling him one of my games. Everytime we've met its always been great.

I don't understand the drama.

#45 4 years ago
Quoted from jgentry:

Just about everything is in life is what you make of it. It seems odd that games that you play by yourself in your own home can somehow be negatively affected by anything. Yes there are a ton of losers and OCD weirdos in this hobby. There are also a lot of great people and a few of them are OCD weirdos.

Shouldn't you be working on selling a Star Wars?

#46 4 years ago
Quoted from twenty6point2:

I don't understand the drama.

Welcome to the web.

#47 4 years ago

Dozer offered to sell me the entire playfield, I had already bought the cabinet. I know he’s a top guy from the several transactions we’ve had . He’s always straight forward and honest. The op is seems upset from the price of the ramps and let that get in the way of his dealings with a good guy.

Pinball can be expensive, especially when trying to find almost nonexistent parts.

It’s been a while (over a year possibly) but dozer isn’t mentioning that he drove an entire day to pick up that gameshow. Not saying he’s charging for his time and gas, because I don’t believe he is; but he’s got some serious investment in this set of ramps

#48 4 years ago
Quoted from PtownPin:

Greed is good....just ask Stern

Heck yes.

2 years later
#49 2 years ago

If still someone needs Bally Game Show playfield parts or all 4 ramps, let me know.

#50 2 years ago
Quoted from knazzo:

If still someone needs Bally Game Show playfield parts or all 4 ramps, let me know.

After going through this string that reads as a "cat and dog fight" show and having your input two years later...
All I could think was: "A little late for the party".
It made me chuckle. GLWTS.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 19.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 27.00
Electronics
Yorktown Arcade Supply

$ 1.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley

$ 27.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 95.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 12.00
Tools
Nezzy's Pinball Prints

Machine - For Sale
Springfield, OH
$ 29.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

Machine - For Sale
Powell, OH
$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 12.50
Lighting - Led
RoyGBev Pinball

$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu
There are 51 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 2.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/greedy-pinsider?hl=hockeymutt and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.