(Topic ID: 194288)

*GREED* Knock three times, because your pricing is nuts.

By shacklersrevenge

6 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 141 posts
  • 75 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 6 years ago by Manny10
  • Topic is favorited by 2 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

pasted_image (resized).png
    501db64f978121e9177aa0c64e9e449e1d4251d7 (resized).jpg
    b124502c996eb1257c49f984c79ba48a329898d2 (resized).jpg
    Stern-Terminator-3-Pinball-Machine-Super-Bright-LEDS-_57 (resized).jpg
    greed (resized).jpg
    IMG_2482 (resized).PNG
    The_end_is_nigh_(1) (resized).jpg
    maxresdefault (2) (resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider npo.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#33 6 years ago
    Quoted from Who-Dey:

... Just because a couple of idiots pay 5K for a Stern Meteor, that doesn't mean that the prices of a Meteor is going to go up.

I don't know about that. I remember a VERY clear example of a shill bid on an AFM on eBay back in 2013 - had its own topic right here on Pinside. That one went for $8000, and nearly overnight, all AFMs went up to the $6000 - $8000 level. Will never forget it, pissed me off like nothing else as that was my dream theme for 17 years at that point. It was even uncovered to be a shill bid, and it still had a lasting effect.

Another thing that annoys me is people that put $2000 of mods on a game and expect to get it all back. I don't care how many $200 action figures someone glues onto a game with a single LED on it that comes on with the flashers....ColorDMD, PDI/Invisiglass, RD boards, and audio upgrades are a couple stand out examples. Buying a polar bear, installing an LED in it, and trying to sell it to me as part of your TAF for an extra $110 or whatever it is now = F off. Mods DO not add value (most).

Also, when the HELL did XF become a $3000 game? Same with T3. These games are MORE than BSD or Fish Tales ?!?!? Everyone get a BSD before some nutcase sells a routed/planked example for $4500 -___- ...

#85 6 years ago
    Quoted from HighVoltage:

The question is, what is going on, is it just the free market doing it's thing, or do we have a tulip mania effect happening?
    In my opinion, another factor that's just as relative as those pointed out is JJP coming onto the scene and setting a new price bar, and doing so again with DI, and Stern jumping on the bandwagon too. It's inevitable that relative pricing occurs. The rising tide floats all boats.

Yeah, but at least JJP builds quality games.

Stern can't stop taking things and upping the price.

What you want a shaker with your LE? Too bad.
    Lockdown bar assembly? Nope.
    Support beams for the PF? F that noise.
    Latch assembly to hold the backbox in place? Pfft.
    Interactive toys on the Pro edition?!?!?!? PA-lease.
    Power switch in a logical spot??? Nope!
    Want an LCD? Watch this $200 increase!

Got to save pennies while we charge you more!

#100 6 years ago
    Quoted from Who-Dey:

Lots of chipping clear coat on the new DI games that are shipping right now. JJP games are also about 3K higher than a new Stern. I think I'll stick with my junky Sterns.

Yeah, I mean, why wouldn't you want an already ghosting SW?

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/hey-stern-are-you-serious/page/125#post-3884710

Best way to end the madness and make Stern get their shit together is to stop buying them. But we all know that's just dreaming ; )...

#116 6 years ago
    Quoted from akm:

I have to disagree with this. Add-ons cost money and don't magically appear out of thin air. Ultimately it's up to the buyer to research what's on the game and determine if it's priced appropriately given what's been added to it. Think it costs too much? They can try to find one without the extras included.
    For myself personally, mirror blades, side rails, LED smoothing boards, and some other add-ons are valuable to me and I take those into consideration when it comes to the price, particularly if they are games I think I will have for a while. What's the condition like overall and what does the machine usually go for in a clean/normal state? I think of that and then factor in what it will cost me to personally add the same add-ons myself. I am OK with springing extra to have that stuff already included, because in a lot of cases I am going to pay to have that stuff added anyway.

I can see my quote was a bit unclear. Let me help with that:

Mods worth their money: ColorDMD, upgraded sound systems that actually make a difference, LED OCD Boards, any replacement Rottendog boards in the back, PDI/Invisiglass, side rails, shaker. Mods that really add to an experience.

Some games have very specific mods that add value: Bill Ung saucer mod for AFM, total rock concert for ACDC, LCD concert screen that replaces the "mechanical band" in ACDC, LCD mod for CFTBL, Bicycle girl strobe light from pinsider, Gnassel - those are GOOD mods.

Mods I couldn't care less for: some stupid ass action figure with an LED in it for $120+, an LED light for a scoop that's like $50, 75 difference mods on a TZ adding $3000 to the game "in value", 37 different mods on a TAF adding $2000 "in value", those lit speaker grill mods, underbody light up kits...I could go on, but hey, I think the point has been made.

Would you REALLY pay $3000 for this?

Stern-Terminator-3-Pinball-Machine-Super-Bright-LEDS-_57 (resized).jpgStern-Terminator-3-Pinball-Machine-Super-Bright-LEDS-_57 (resized).jpg

Man, with all these action figures, they should ask like $5000!!!!

b124502c996eb1257c49f984c79ba48a329898d2 (resized).jpgb124502c996eb1257c49f984c79ba48a329898d2 (resized).jpg

Holy cow, that RFM martian and saucer adds another $1500. And the tube girl from BBB? $1000 more!!!

501db64f978121e9177aa0c64e9e449e1d4251d7 (resized).jpg501db64f978121e9177aa0c64e9e449e1d4251d7 (resized).jpg

More does not always mean better, and DEFINITELY does not mean more expen$ive. I'll pay less just to have to take the time to de-mod the game and actually make it worth something again. Prolly a bunch of half-ass hacked wiring in there too just to get those $85 LEDs to light up...

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider npo.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/greed-knock-three-times-because-your-pricing-is-nuts?tu=npo and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.