(Topic ID: 194288)

*GREED* Knock three times, because your pricing is nuts.

By shacklersrevenge

6 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 141 posts
  • 75 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 6 years ago by Manny10
  • Topic is favorited by 2 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

pasted_image (resized).png
    501db64f978121e9177aa0c64e9e449e1d4251d7 (resized).jpg
    b124502c996eb1257c49f984c79ba48a329898d2 (resized).jpg
    Stern-Terminator-3-Pinball-Machine-Super-Bright-LEDS-_57 (resized).jpg
    greed (resized).jpg
    IMG_2482 (resized).PNG
    The_end_is_nigh_(1) (resized).jpg
    maxresdefault (2) (resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Dkjimbo.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#126 6 years ago

everyone here thinks everything they buy goes up in value over the course of their ownership regardless of what they do with it. Its a major problem that is very akin to the real estate crisis of 2008.... at some point this bubble will pop and some people - particularily those struggling to participate in the hobby will lose big...the rich guys will shrug their shoulders and take their lumps and just move on to something else.

Did you shop your game or repair it in any way? doesn't matter price goes up!
    Did you swap in LED lighting? OH yeah, that's $500 more easily!
    Did you put the game on route and expose it to thousands of plays? pay no attention to that, the price is still going up!
    Did comparable games sell in your area for less than you paid? pay no attention, MINE is special and worth more of course!

I have seen games that I sold for a price I thought was fair go just a month or 2 later for 20%+ more in the same or worse shape than when I sold it...

I saw a TRASHED BOP (had LED so looked ok from a distance) sell for I think $2400 a few weeks ago near me...are you kidding me? The thing badly needed a playfield swap...

I would be all for offering steeper cut deals for people if I knew that would be reciprocated but there is no indication that anyone is in that mindset anymore really.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Dkjimbo.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/greed-knock-three-times-because-your-pricing-is-nuts?tu=Dkjimbo and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.