AB4DE866-73BF-4B7D-B0A3-EB03D3E6A3A6 (resized).jpeg
vids (resized).jpg
de0ae2fbc6ce1366ac430a685d504c3499db4316(1).jpg
OIP (resized).jpg
donut (resized).jpg
doughnut (resized).jpg
trff (resized).jpg
tr1 (resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Elvishasleft.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#64 2 years ago

You have good taste man... Morse is a master (and plays different styles) and he can compose unlike most guitar wankers that cant write to save their lives.

I don't like him in Deep Purple all that much but his solo music and Dregs stuff is killer.

#65 2 years ago

John Mayer?? Just kidding.

he sucks unless you count ripping off SRV licks for a living as being great.

#67 2 years ago

Hopefully this guy will get more attention since there is a documentary coming out about him. Even guitar player magazine called him the greatest unknown player at one point.

He died in the 90s unfortunately.

If you have never heard him play... you are welcome. This is pretty mellow from him, he can melt faces also.

#182 2 years ago

The fact that most of you tube and people in general think guys who play fast are "the greatest" always cracks me up.

That shit was tired in the 80s nevermind 40 years later.

#183 2 years ago
Quoted from vid1900:

You know that Crapton is so dumb, he did not even know he was being mocked.

So... I think the point is after your 15th post about it. You don't like Eric Clapton?

Noted. nobody cares. especially him.

#227 2 years ago
Quoted from vid1900:

I like Crapton, I've seen him a dozen times, have all his albums, and even his book.
I even have a collection of CDs, Tapes and DVDs that all list him as "Eric Crapton"
He is a racist, an idiot, a rapist and easily the most overrated guitarist of all time.
That is why it's fun to tease him, and anyone that worships him. [quoted image]

I get what you are saying (even about his playing which is pretty lazy and has been forever).

He did his best work when he was in his 20s and traded off it the rest of his life really.

But to say he isn't a major guitarist is just wrong. He is easily one of most influential of all time.

Ed Van Halen even called him his biggest influence and Bonamassa makes a living ripping off the Mayall blues record.

#228 2 years ago

That is some stupid shit right there. Like a circus act.

The double neck solo two hand thing someone posted.

1 week later
#358 2 years ago
Quoted from Azmodeus:

I am fully loving YouTube all the way around.
The vision.

I grew up in the same hometown as this dude and took lessons from him in the 80s just before he signed with Shrapnel records. I was around when he was working on Edge of Insanity and heard early versions of stuff.

This is back when he had big hair and played a white Kramer pacer.

he had kind of a big head even back then. Dude can play though. Crazy good on piano also.

#359 2 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

Yes, this is fairly common knowledge among anybody who has ever consulted Wikipedia.
Apparently Randy had zero interest in the live album of Sabbath covers (supposedly he hated Sabbath, which I guess I'll try not to hold against him). He was also supposedly tired of dealing witj drunk and insane Ozzy and was planning on leaving after the ill-fated 1982 tour.
The album of course was eventually done after he died, as Speak of the Devil.

I'm sure like most people he probably just wanted to play his own music. Nobody at that level wants to be in a "cover" band.

His solos I always liked although most are pretty worked out and triple tracked even... one of the few guys I ever learned the solos (Im lazy) because they are so cool.

I knew those two Ozzy records backwards and forwards back then.

#361 2 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

His solos rule.
I love the track SATO...it's basically one 4 minute long guitar solo coming out of one speaker. Also love the endless fade out solo on "Tonight."

Allot of it was pretty composed but I know on the second record he winged more things because he complained in interviews that he couldn't redo them later, ran out of time in the studio.

I think the end of Tonight is one of those where that is just the scratch solo on the end and they ran out of time for him to replace it.

Diary (the whole song) is a badass piece of music.

2 weeks later
#413 2 years ago
Quoted from vid1900:

No lack of Yingwie jokes from me..

I think the main issue is people in general expect jokes to be funny... you are about zero for 20 in that regard.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Elvishasleft.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/greatest-guitarist?tu=Elvishasleft and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.