AB4DE866-73BF-4B7D-B0A3-EB03D3E6A3A6 (resized).jpeg
vids (resized).jpg
de0ae2fbc6ce1366ac430a685d504c3499db4316(1).jpg
OIP (resized).jpg
donut (resized).jpg
doughnut (resized).jpg
trff (resized).jpg
tr1 (resized).jpg
There are 467 posts in this topic. You are on page 10 of 10.
#451 1 year ago
Quoted from vid1900:

He's got an IQ of 79, so he's not as dumb as everyone thinks.
His magic is that he has found a very narrow demographic to enthusiastically worship him. Like Mo White on the US version of Shameless.

Damn Vid, don't hold back. give it to us straight.

#452 1 year ago

As I sit here and listen, I pick Hendrix. In life I am trying to be bold as love. Hendrix is the man.

The guitar seems connected to him.

#453 1 year ago
Quoted from pinzrfun:

Fun fact: George Lynch is his uncle. I'm sure he picked up a few pointers at family reunions.

From a couple weeks back in Belgium. Great guitarist and really pulling the weight in priest now.

440EABBC-DFA7-4C4D-83C8-ED71B3443881 (resized).jpeg440EABBC-DFA7-4C4D-83C8-ED71B3443881 (resized).jpeg
1 week later
#454 1 year ago

Mike Houser is one of the greats. There is just something about the way he played.

#455 1 year ago

Michael Shencker was pretty good.I met him and his Brother Rudy seperately and they were super nice.

#456 1 year ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

From a couple weeks back in Belgium. Great guitarist and really pulling the weight in priest now.
[quoted image]

This reminded me of M Shencker,Both Mikes use the V and long Blond hair.My 1st guitar was an epihone flying V because of this guy.I still have it .Couldnt afford the expensive model then but its a player for sure.

#457 1 year ago

Ralph Macchio is the greatest of all time,He kicks Steve Vai in the ass.Actually pretty sure it was Ry Cooder

4 weeks later
#458 1 year ago

It was a mix: Arlen Roth (Maccio's tutor), Steve Vai, Cooder on the slide stuff and Bill Kanengiser (classical)

1 week later
#459 1 year ago
Quoted from Azmodeus:

As I sit here and listen, I pick Hendrix. In life I am trying to be bold as love. Hendrix is the man.
The guitar seems connected to him.

& who did Hendrix idolize? ---- Dick Dale, that's right.

Other musicians worshipped him

Rock legends from Jimi Hendrix to Stevie Ray Vaughan, and from the Beach Boys to Queen, revered Dick Dale and regularly named him as a central influence. "RIP Dick Dale - Father of the Surf Guitar. We all owe you. Rock on," wrote Queen guitarist Brian May on Instagram, after hearing the news of his death.

"I'm sorry to hear about Dick Dale passing," wrote Beach Boys guitarist Brian Wilson. "Dick's guitar playing was a big influence on all of us, and we covered Misirlou on our Surfin' USA album in '63. Love & Mercy to Dick's family."

#460 1 year ago
Quoted from dasvis:

Rock legends from Jimi Hendrix to Stevie Ray Vaughan, and from the Beach Boys to Queen, revered Dick Dale and regularly named him as a central influence. "RIP Dick Dale - Father of the Surf Guitar. We all owe you. Rock on," wrote Queen guitarist Brian May on Instagram, after hearing the news of his death.
"I'm sorry to hear about Dick Dale passing," wrote Beach Boys guitarist Brian Wilson. "Dick's guitar playing was a big influence on all of us, and we covered Misirlou on our Surfin' USA album in '63. Love & Mercy to Dick's family."

Hendrix allegedly was also a big fan of Billy Gibbons.

#461 1 year ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

Hendrix allegedly was also a big fan of Billy Gibbons.

Supposedly he said that on The Tonight Show

But I've watched every TV clip of Jimis, and I've never heard him mention Gibbons...it's almost like the internets invent stories propping up every old guitarist with Jimis seal of approval

#462 1 year ago
Quoted from dasvis:

I was lucky enough to catch Dick live about 10-12 years ago in a small venue. Great show!
I have this behind me as I'm looking at this thread in a sitting down position

IMG_20220904_083039393~2 (resized).jpgIMG_20220904_083039393~2 (resized).jpg
#463 1 year ago

Never saw Dick Dale, but I did catch Link Wray in a small club a few months before he passed. Pretty cool to see the man who invented the power chord and made possible all the music I loved as a longharied heathen. Also got to see Chuck Berry in a tiny basement club, when he still had a little spunk left in the tank. Without those guys we'd probably all be listening to music influenced by Lawrence Welk.

#464 1 year ago

There can only be one!

ANGUS YOUNG

(resized).png (resized).png
#465 1 year ago

Greg Brady. *drops mic*

Screenshot_20220906-040514 (resized).pngScreenshot_20220906-040514 (resized).png
2 weeks later
#466 1 year ago

Crossfire with dick dale and Srv.

2 months later
#467 1 year ago

Anybody ever heard of Guthrie Govan? I saw a video of him. He plays with a band called The Aristocrats. He's pretty damn amazing!

There are 467 posts in this topic. You are on page 10 of 10.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/greatest-guitarist/page/10?hl=tuukka and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.