You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

WXVpb (resized).jpg
20181204_112404 (resized).jpg
20181105_194928 (002) (resized).jpg
images-4 (resized).jpeg

There are 102 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 3.
#1 5 years ago

What a rush!
I just put four balls in the hyperdrive loop on Star Wars LE, and got to play Hyperspace Multiball!

The multiball was fun, but nothing in my pinball experience beats the rush I got putting those silver balls into that hyperdrive loop and watching one, then two, then three balls spin around again and again, with lights flashing, and sound effects urging me on, and then I just managed to put the fourth ball in the loop a few seconds before the time was about to expire, resulting in all balls dropping out of the hyperdrive as soon as the fourth shot up the jump ramp near the Death Star! What a blast. I'm still shaking a bit from the excitement and adrenaline rush. Putting one ball up that jump ramp is difficult enough, launching four up it is extremely satisfying.

Is there a greater rush to be found in all of pinball? Stern or otherwise?
If so, I haven't found it.

I want to play this game again and again. Not sure I'll ever do that particular feat again though. It's such a difficult game.

I'd love to read about any similar experiences or where to find a better pinball rush.

images-4 (resized).jpegimages-4 (resized).jpeg
#2 5 years ago

I really like getting into Royal Madness on MM or into a Crank It Up on MET. Big points, limited safety net and one ball play are a recipe for exciting play.

#3 5 years ago

Mine would be scoring the Double Castle Jackpot on Bram Stoker's Dracula with all 3 multiball modes going and all 4 balls in play.

I think scoring a 7-way Combo or a Triple Super Khan Jackpot on The Shadow might come close, but I haven't done either yet (in 15+ years of ownership).

#4 5 years ago

Maiden is pretty much a constant adrenaline rush, by far one of the best pins I've ever had the pleasure of owning.

#5 5 years ago

Mine would be getting the triple super jackpot on Khan multiball in The Shadow, where you have to hit the moving light on the upper battlefield.

#6 5 years ago
Quoted from Aussiepinwiz:

What a rush!
I just put four balls in the hyperdrive loop on Star Wars LE, and got to play Hyperspace Multiball!
The multiball was fun, but nothing in my pinball experience beats the rush I got putting those silver balls into that hyperdrive loop and watching one, then two, then three balls spin around again and again, with lights flashing, and sound effects urging me on, and then I just managed to put the fourth ball in the loop a few seconds before the time was about to expire, resulting in all balls dropping out of the hyperdrive as soon as the fourth shot up the jump ramp near the Death Star! What a blast. I'm still shaking a bit from the excitement and adrenaline rush. Putting one ball up that jump ramp is difficult enough, launching four up it is extremely satisfying.
Is there a greater rush to be found in all of pinball? Stern or otherwise?
If so, I haven't found it.
I want to play this game again and again. Not sure I'll ever do that particular feat again though. It's such a difficult game.
I'd love to read about any similar experiences or where to find a better pinball rush.
[quoted image]

Nice, What a rush !
Super keen to get some time on another SR gem

at this time Maiden gets me off !
Wish had a star wars to play

#7 5 years ago

Stern ST warp ramp, it is simply my favourite shot in pinball and looping it over and over (7 x is my max) just makes it better and better each time, nothing better imo.

#8 5 years ago

Bringing a new (to me) game home is always a great feeling -- everything is different and I can't help but keep going back to playing it for awhile. Driving home with a pin in the car brings its own kind of pinball high.

#9 5 years ago

I thought that my machine was going to fall apart when I made it to Scared Stiff it’s like someone trying to get out of a coffin.

#10 5 years ago

IM DOD shot plus Jericho

BSD triple stack

LOTR destroy the ring

#11 5 years ago
Quoted from IdahoRealtor:

IM DOD shot plus Jericho

Oh good call +1

Probably the best single, one time shot in modern pinball big time rush hitting that.

#12 5 years ago
Quoted from Aussiepinwiz:

nothing in my pinball experience beats the rush I got putting those silver balls into that hyperdrive loop

Star Wars is fantastic, I agree one of the best feelings is the hyperloop. I can also say that destroying the Death Star is very satisfying, and gives me a great feeling. Star Wars Premium/LE kicks ass! I also really enjoy getting multiple warp ramp shots on Star Trek....Warp 1, Warp 2, Warp 3-goes the huge smile on my face.

#13 5 years ago

Destroying the ring and love the To War!!!! call out for Towers multi ball. If I ever get to battle the beast on IMDN I might change my mind. Wish I had a SW to squeeze in between them!

#14 5 years ago

I can also say having a kickass game on Ghostbusters, getting to Staypuff with Cleland music code is VERY enjoyable

#16 5 years ago

Becoming King of the Hill in Banzai Run is an awesome rush as well. Part of it lies in how the machine emphasizes the situation with a breathtaking buildup and payoff in the music- and light show.

#17 5 years ago

JM Power Down

#18 5 years ago

TTTHHIIIIIIRRRRRRRTTYYYYY MMMMIIILLLLLLLLLIIIIOOONNNNNNNNN!

#19 5 years ago

Metallica is always a rush. I love the rush though in woz during the witch battle when the machine goes green.

#20 5 years ago

Fish Tales wizard mode, try to get as many 100M captive ball shots until you're slightly off and the ball drains in the outlanes or you hit it dead on and it crumbles SDTM.

#21 5 years ago

Definitely 3x MB on BSD. With lightning flippers, it's a pretty rare feat for the common player. When it happens to me, my body nearly shakes hoping I don't drain quickly as it happens maybe once every 6 months.

#22 5 years ago

Install pinstadium with flashers and repeatedly hit the super jackpot shot (battering ram) on Game of Thrones. You are welcome.

#23 5 years ago

When I need an adrenaline rush like you speak of......its met or twd. You've definatly peaked my interest in star wars though.

#24 5 years ago

When I read the thread topic, the first thing that came to mind was star wars! Happy to see I'm not the only one

#25 5 years ago

#total-nuclear-annihilation when you get multiball while destroying the reactor. Everything is coming at you so fast and the music is perfect, it gets my heart pumping every time.

Super exclusive ad from the Pinside Marketplace!
#26 5 years ago
Quoted from Eskaybee:

When I read the thread topic, the first thing that came to mind was star wars! Happy to see I'm not the only one

More and more people are opening their eyes to the 'Dark Side'- good to see.

Cool video on Star Wars being made, shows the 4 magnet coils, etc. for hyperloop drive. Interesting video if you have not watched it...

#27 5 years ago

Oh man, Jurassic Park. I love feeding the T-Rex during the mode. That's still the greatest shot in pinball for me. It's timed 30 seconds so you have to be careful with the ball but also speed up. If you have the shaker motor on, you can feel the whole place rumbling as the T-Rex stomps around waiting to be fed. And then when you hit a PERFECT side flipper shot and hear the metallic "clink" as you place the ball in front of T-Rex and you watch him eat the ball. Oh man, what a feeling. You get a few seconds to celebrate that shot as the guy in the background yells out "nooo! no no no no no!!!!" Such a great moment for any player. That's my favorite shot/adrenaline rush in all of pinball (so far) and nothing else comes close.

Another great adrenaline rush for me is when Jurassic Park is in multiball mode, you spell CHAOS and then get the jackpot. The game yells out "JAAAACKPOOOOOOOT" and the music/sounds to accompany it is so awesome. And then when you continue that mode and you are able to feed the T-Rex for the Super Jackpot..... what a RUSH that is! And then the multiball ends and that awesome music starts playing to let you know you accomplished a great feat in the game. No time to celebrate the chaos but still awesome.

Another great rush is for Dialed In, when you are in a mode and you hit the big bang. That's awesome every time, and if the ball happens to fall into the sim card hole right after..... WOOOOOOO!!

The first time you start multiball on Metallica. I like how it gives you a moment to understand what's happening in the game, and then the guy gets zapped as he flails around. Very cool and I remember the rush I used to get from that.

To a lesser degree, the +million point shot during multiball on Whirlwind. Hitting it is great but no real time to celebrate, but I love the celebration and light show.

Also Alien pinball, when you get the mode where the machine basically turns all the lights off and someone yells out "WE LOST POWER!!" and then the sounds of some monster coming after you, followed by a quick multiball out of nowhere with the lights simultaneously coming back on. (this is how I remember it... it's been a while).

#28 5 years ago
Quoted from ThePinballCo-op:

Oh man, Jurassic Park. I love feeding the T-Rex during the mode. That's still the greatest shot in pinball for me. It's timed 30 seconds so you have to be careful with the ball but also speed up. If you have the shaker motor on, you can feel the whole place rumbling as the T-Rex stomps around waiting to be fed. And then when you hit a PERFECT side flipper shot and hear the metallic "clink" as you place the ball in front of T-Rex and you watch him eat the ball. Oh man, what a feeling. You get a few seconds to celebrate that shot as the guy in the background yells out "nooo! no no no no no!!!!" Such a great moment for any player. That's my favorite shot/adrenaline rush in all of pinball (so far) and nothing else comes close.
Another great adrenaline rush for me is when Jurassic Park is in multiball mode, you spell CHAOS and then get the jackpot. The game yells out "JAAAACKPOOOOOOOT" and the music/sounds to accompany it is so awesome. And then when you continue that mode and you are able to feed the T-Rex for the Super Jackpot..... what a RUSH that is! And then the multiball ends and that awesome music starts playing to let you know you accomplished a great feat in the game. No time to celebrate the chaos but still awesome.
Another great rush is for Dialed In, when you are in a mode and you hit the big bang. That's awesome every time, and if the ball happens to fall into the sim card hole right after..... WOOOOOOO!!
The first time you start multiball on Metallica. I like how it gives you a moment to understand what's happening in the game, and then the guy gets zapped as he flails around. Very cool and I remember the rush I used to get from that.
To a lesser degree, the +million point shot during multiball on Whirlwind. Hitting it is great but no real time to celebrate, but I love the celebration and light show.
Also Alien pinball, when you get the mode where the machine basically turns all the lights off and someone yells out "WE LOST POWER!!" and then the sounds of some monster coming after you, followed by a quick multiball out of nowhere with the lights simultaneously coming back on. (this is how I remember it... it's been a while).

Love the T-Rex multiball - also when you get the 6 (7) ball multiball also a huge rush.

#29 5 years ago

I also love starwars,. But I still think it's ruling the universe on AFM. I stand there with my arms up celebrating when that ship is flying around!

#30 5 years ago

MET CIU.
Jackpot/Super JP on NGG.

Any time during a good game on ball 3 with extra ball lit.

#31 5 years ago

Alien! - hands down the most immersive pin I’ve ever played. They completely nailed the horror/tension aspect - between the gunshot blasts, people screaming, explosions and Paxton’s freak out dialogue, it’s quite the adrenaline rush.

#32 5 years ago

WCS World Cup Final

#33 5 years ago
Quoted from pinmister:

More and more people are opening their eyes to the 'Dark Side'- good to see.
Cool video on Star Wars being made, shows the 4 magnet coils, etc. for hyperloop drive. Interesting video if you have not watched it...

That video shows the mini lcd showing clips and sequences I’ve never seen. Is that stuff implemented and I’m just not looking at the right time? It seems like there’s always just tie fighters or instructions on what shot to make.

#34 5 years ago

For me it's firing up a pin for the first time during a restore and NOT smelling the faint aroma of overexcited electrons.
Playing them the first time comes in a close second.

20181105_194928 (002) (resized).jpg20181105_194928 (002) (resized).jpg
#35 5 years ago

RANSOM in BK2K was always my favorite

#36 5 years ago
Quoted from Damonator:

Alien! - hands down the most immersive pin I’ve ever played. They completely nailed the horror/tension aspect - between the gunshot blasts, people screaming, explosions and Paxton’s freak out dialogue, it’s quite the adrenaline rush.

I wish some company could pick up the pieces and get this machine back on the assembly line. That'd be great.

#37 5 years ago

Multiple modes in ACDC get my adrenaline flowing more than any other pin I've ever played.

#38 5 years ago

Double super jackpot in Shadow.
Super jackpot in Getaway - really any super jackpot/super jackpot in older games is a rush
Cashing out huge CIU bonus with 2x in MET
Any jackpot in BSD with multiple mb's running is awesome - hard to do

#39 5 years ago

Completing Circus Voltaire.

#40 5 years ago

For pure satisfaction (not necessarily big adrenaline hit) is the three way combo on Whirlwind. If I can ever pull that off it is like instant gratification!

#41 5 years ago

Horde in TWD. Down to one ball... do I collect? Do I try to start 2x? Do I try and keep going? The music is super frantic. Horde is currently my favorite thing in pinball.

#42 5 years ago

Here's Horde in TWD with the upgraded GI of the Prem/LE. It's awesome. This is older code too.

#43 5 years ago

AFM Strobe Multiball in a dark environment -

#44 5 years ago

Running from the cops in High Speed!

"Dispatch, this 504, he got away, over."

"504, this is Dispatch, ... he what?"

Now juggle the balls and get that darn ramp jackpot! Gah!

#45 5 years ago

AC/DC without a doubt the greatest adrenaline rush in pinball for me, when you cash a multiplied song jackpot

Second favourite, TWD when you have a huge shot multiplier, X gonna give it to ya!

Honourable Mention to the Irons, both Man and Maiden

#46 5 years ago

Right now its a split between TWD horde and IMDN cyborg multiball.

#47 5 years ago
Quoted from Atari_Daze:

For me it's firing up a pin for the first time during a restore and NOT smelling the faint aroma of overexcited electrons.
Playing them the first time comes in a close second.[quoted image]

Um... your inlane guides are backwards!

But yes, this is always an exciting part of pin work.

#48 5 years ago
Quoted from Maken:

AC/DC without a doubt the greatest adrenaline rush in pinball for me, when you cash a multiplied song jackpot
Second favourite, TWD when you have a huge shot multiplier, X gonna give it to ya!
Honourable Mention to the Irons, both Man and Maiden

TWD multiplier is always great. Especially on Arena. I'm looping 4... 5.... 6... 7... OK, time to Woodbury cashout with my 5x... and BRICK!

#49 5 years ago

TWD Last Man Standing...and then completing it

And Alien

#50 5 years ago

Trying to complete Hot Dog mode in Wipeout to double your score.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 19.95
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk
Other
$ 63.99
Cabinet - Other
Cento Creations
Other
Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods
Other
$ 24.95
Lighting - Other
The MOD Couple
Other
Boards
Slap Save Creations
Boards
$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie
Other
$ 24.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods
Protection
$ 210.00
$ 5.00
Lighting - Backbox
Gameroom Mods
Backbox
$ 5.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball
Protection
$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods
Shooter rods
Machine - For Sale
Wilkes-barre, PA
$ 65.00
Boards
PinballReplacementParts
Boards
Electronics
Space Coast Pinball
Electronics
$ 79.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods
Toys/Add-ons
$ 9,499.00
Pinball Machine
Maine Home Recreation
Pinball Machine
$ 130.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn
Decorations
$ 22.50
Electronics
bdash's bits
Electronics
$ 29.99
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PR Mods
Sound/Speakers
Machine - For Sale
Buffalo, NY
$ 49.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods
Toppers
$ 60.00
Tools
Performance Pinball
Tools
$ 25.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
arcade-cabinets.com
Shooter rods
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk
Other
€ 47.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PPmods
Toys/Add-ons
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinSound
Sound/Speakers
$ 18.00
Playfield - Protection
Volcano Pinball
Protection
€ 65.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop
Toys/Add-ons
There are 102 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 3.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/greatest-adrenaline-rush-in-pinball?hl=rhaegal and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.