You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

jacksonoz.gif
Unknown-2.jpeg
tumblr_lxt5tjB9Tf1qd8nujo1_500.gif
please-don-t-interrupt-me-when-i-m-tal.png
There are 128 posts in this topic. You are on page 3 of 3.
#101 11 years ago

It's not just negative or concerning. It's the non-stop argumentive approach that a couple of you display on multiple threads over and over again. It gets old. Sorry.
Maybe I need a break from this?

#102 11 years ago
Quoted from coasterguy:

Maybe I need a break from this?

I hear you...I do too, in general

#103 11 years ago

Keith, I don't for one minute believe that you wanted to take a "beta machine" that didn't have video and ruleset integrated to unveil at E3. I do not believe that Jack's grand plan was to sit and show iPad videos of what will one day be on the pinball machine LCD, at E3 in June of 2012.

Everything that you mentioned has occurred to me, and was said by Jack at TPF. That would get us into the proposed March production date, and beyond. Understood. Moving on from there, did Jack not tell us at several of his appearances that there would be test games on location by Memorial Day? You know he did. There has been nothing out of the JJP Camp about when this machine is expected to go into production, outside of Jack mentioning in an E3 interview that he hopes to have the ECLE run out by Christmas. The frustration might lie in not having any clue of when we might actually see this thing being produced, and having every single self-imposed suggestion of timeline missed. If I am frustrated with the progress to this point, that is my right.

#104 11 years ago

I have devoted enough time on this issue, and stated my concerns. If someone is offended with my arguments or manner of response, meh. You definitely wouldn't like me when I am really angry, nor on a non-moderated forum. To each his own. I am done talking WOZ, though.

#105 11 years ago

Although I am not one of them, I think one thing that would calm many of the doubters down that are worried about the game being built to completion would be pictures of the factory showing that sub assemblies and main playfields are presently being populated and prepared to be ready for the final vendor related hold-up items and code (assuming that work is happening presently).

It seems that in this particular production situation when the first games ship, it will be many weeks worth of games that can immediately start shipping and not just 15 a day.

#106 11 years ago

since i was not on the preorder list, I do not have the same "delay anxiety" that many have. If i did order back a year ago, i certainly would see gambit's points. The many pushbacks on announcments should and proably do bother many that are not admitting as such. I think at this point, real delays are indeed taking place and that is a reason for concern in terms of when an actual game will be reaqdy for distribution.....but i dont think for a second that any alarms bells should be going off in terms of the game never being produced...its far beyond that at this point. The game is being tweaked and retweaked to put out something very special.
From what i can see/read..I wish i had preorderd, because i am going to order one..and now pay the add'l price. Too much talent on this team to have any failure.

#107 11 years ago
Quoted from DougPiranha:

I have one ordered and am fine with waiting but, I think JJP could of been less definite in the timeline. Its better to underpromise and over deliver.
I set timelines for the construction of pharmaceutical manufacturing plants and it is near impossible to set timelines on a new never built project or something thats not repeated often to build history. Stern manufacturing timeline and faciltiy is established, JJP is not set.
I actually enjoy the wait. Call me crazy if you want

I won't call you crazy, I feel exactly the same way

I guess this is why I don't get some people's anxiety, I've found the entire experience a ton of fun, waking up and finding updates in my mailbox, seeing pics of something for the first time, or seeing video. I sent my first payment in March 2011, when basically all I knew about the game was that it would have an LCD in the backbox, and that was enough for me. Nothing I have seen or heard since has made me ever doubt that I made the right decision.

I can only imagine the panic posts that must have occured in the BBB forum, that project was years behind with virtually no updates compared to what we have been getting with WOZ, and we don't even need to mention the MM fiasco!

I don't want JJP to rush this by even 1 day, only when they are 100% satisfied should the game leave the factory!

#108 11 years ago

I've been in since day 1. I'm extremely happy with the progress. JJP is not just building a pinball machine, but a pinball company. I'm excited to get my WOZ, but I'm in this for the long haul... I want to see a viable pinball company that continues to make games well beyond WOZ. I'm seeing that come together and couldn't be more pleased.

Keep it up, JJP. Progress to this point has been nothing short of phenomenal. I've seen enough to know that I'm in on #2, 3, 4.... however long this ride lasts!

#109 11 years ago

Watched the video. The "kidz got skillz." But it looks like he's having trouble with the castle upper playfield. Faster drain than TSPP living room!

#110 11 years ago
Quoted from PinCrush:

I'm extremely happy with the progress. JJP is not just building a pinball machine, but a pinball company.

Exactly

#111 11 years ago

Not sure I would say the game has good flow based on the video. Not all games need it I just seem to prefer it.

What I can tell you for sure is I wanted to snatch that recorder out of the takers hands place it in front and keep it steady.

#112 11 years ago
Quoted from Snowdale:

Gambit, your the man. See how they jump all over anything negative or concerning. Maybe JJP is actually a cult. I'll wait till the game comes out (2013) to drink my cool-aid.

You'll see the game in 2012 and we will be drinking beer. Bring good stuff, no swill.

I'll bring a nice 12 pack when I make it back your way in a few weeks, make sure that door is open.

#113 11 years ago
Quoted from pinball_keefer:

Yeah, because there was NOTHING else to do over 19 months other than figure out GI.

Keith, it's no use. Rome was built in a day according to Veruca.

#114 11 years ago

Billy, I am about to go nuclear on you. Last time - if Jack and Company would honestly say "it will be 2013" or "it will be four years" or whatever is the truth, I would be satisfied. I just don't want another B.S. estimate for something that isn't going to happen, in a speech designed to sell more machines that aren't close to complete. Where in that explanation is a sense of "I want it now?" You are being obtuse and obnoxious.

Don't goad me any further. I didn't start the name calling, and I also am not going to put up with it. Agree to disagree, and walk away from this one.

#115 11 years ago
Quoted from gambit3113:

I didn't start the name calling,

Shut up and piss off were not rude at all in responding to other opinions - even after I apologized. You flew off the handle bro.

To your point, I agree JJ should stop throwing darts on an estimate delivery date. However, he's building a new company so being the front man, I don't fault him for being passionate and selling his vision - showing progress - and keeping people looped in on the development.

Let's just agree to disagree and leave it at that. It's only pinball and we're supposed to be enjoying the hobby, posts, and anticipation of new games. Dude we're in the renaissance period of pinball with 4 different groups making new games! This is a time to share in the excitement and anticipation. If you didn't put money down, maybe while still concerned you might have a more light hearted view towards the development. Regardless, let's bury the hatchet. I'll still buy you a beer at Expo Gambit and we can play a game of WOZ - wait - Xmen because we know it will be ready.

#116 11 years ago
Quoted from Vyzer2:

From what i can see/read..I wish i had preorderd, because i am going to order one..and now pay the add'l price. Too much talent on this team to have any failure.

Why don't you wait for the routed WoZ that Jack says he will sell after their leased games have finished their agreement, if I remember correctly I think they said they will be around 4500. Thats what I will most likely do then add all the LE mods directly from jack, the only thing missing will be a plaque but who needs that right and a lot cheaper.

#117 11 years ago
Quoted from badbilly27:

Regardless, let's bury the hatchet. I'll still buy you a beer at Expo Gambit and we can play a game of WOZ - wait - Xmen because we know it will be ready

Sounds good. Just don't call me Veruca.

But really, it is just about being sick of the dart throwing. I don't care if it will be July 2013 at this point. I just don't want to feel like we are all being led on with estimates that they know full well aren't achievable. Setting mile markers for yourself and not meeting them (and not even acknowledging as much) isn't exactly "Under promising and over delivering". In fact, that phrase has been so vapidly used now that it is meaningless to me. But that's me. Se la vie.

#118 11 years ago

Really where is the board set? Ever wonder why the lights just flash on and off? The game is running on a PC with no core, just flippers, VUK and pops with a LCD TV. Those are the questions you should be asking if you've got a brain? Is everything made in the USA or is it coming from China?

#119 11 years ago
Quoted from riggy469:

You'll see the game in 2012 and we will be drinking beer. Bring good stuff, no swill.
I'll bring a nice 12 pack when I make it back your way in a few weeks, make sure that door is open.

Dogfishhead!!!!! Yuuuuummmm!!!

#120 11 years ago
Quoted from Exejet:

Really where is the board set? Ever wonder why the lights just flash on and off? The game is running on a PC with no core, just flippers, VUK and pops with a LCD TV. Those are the questions you should be asking if you've got a brain? Is everything made in the USA or is it coming from China?

LOL! Running a PC with no core. This one got me good.

I'm sure you meant code but its still laughable just the same. Considering you are a vendor and sell pins its hardly good for business to talk so much trash.

Aside from Keefer, none of you know how far along everything is and to spew such distain with nothing evidentiary is just asinine.

And aside my myself and probably a select few. I doubt many of you not "in the know" @ JJP know what it actually takes to "Code".

If I said it was 250,000 to 300,000 lines of code to bring WoZ to fruition I wouldn't be exaggerating.
Before complaining, ask yourself; Could *I* write 300k lines of anything coherent in a short timeframe?

P.S. I have a brain and where I use mine comparative to others is in the common sense dept.

#121 11 years ago

New company, new learning curve. Perhaps they will learn about this "estimating" the date thing and just not do it in the future, just stick with "it's next" . What's a good estimate for WoZ? It will be JJP next machine, first also. BHZA ? projected 12/2013 - but really it's just next for them also. Predator ? it's SkitBs next pin, also first.

The light show so far on WoZ is really impressive, I want to do that to a couple of other pins with white/clear inserts .

#122 11 years ago
Quoted from Pinchroma:

with nothing evidentiary

Don't be so sure about that.

#123 11 years ago
Quoted from pinball_keefer:

Yeah, because there was NOTHING else to do over 19 months other than figure out GI.
Probably hasn't occurred to you either that we went in one direction, decided it wasn't good enough, then went in another direction. All the while starting a company from scratch including (re)drawing common parts, sourcing and buying parts, coming up with new ways of doing things to make the product better (glass, playfield/cab printing, 100% rgb LED insert lighting).
I'm assuming it probably also hasn't occurred to you we showed what we wanted to show, not everything that we could show.

Thanks for explaining some of the things that may be obvious to you but not to everybody. Maybe more of this will help reassure some people. Heck, it's good to for you to get to vent too right?

I am buying a WOZ and I agree with a lot of what Gambit is saying. I have heard all the usual statements about starting a pinball company from scratch. But at some point you have to stick to some kind of schedule. Right? So far that hasn't happened. I can understand his frustration.

It's hard to get through all the love/hype and speculation to get to the truth. I believe the truth is what Gambit want's.

Pappy

#124 11 years ago

not so great footage, keeping a camera still is key for Great pinball footage or gradually moving it

#125 11 years ago

Have you learned nothing from Minecraft?? Keep digging that hole, and you'll get burned.

#126 11 years ago
Quoted from Pinchroma:

Aside from Keefer, none of you know how far along everything is and to spew such distain with nothing evidentiary is just asinine.

I'm just going by what I have seen so far. I keep hearing people say there is a lot more than what Jack is showing us. But every time he shows us something it's behind his own set schedule. How can someone keep believing that WOZ is a lot further ahead than what we are seeing? I don't claim to know it all but what I am seeing is a game that is far from going into production. Those 2013 predictions look very real.

I know Jack want's to keep us excited and I appreciate the updates. Without them I would probably ask for my money back and wait for the regular version. But I have no doubt (because of the updates) that this game will get finished. It's going to take a lot longer than we all thought.

Pappy

#127 11 years ago
Quoted from Exejet:

Bash Woz .......and then hype, pump and dump Xmen......"keep digging that hole", you'll fall into soon enough...

#128 11 years ago

I've got the answer!

jacksonoz.gifjacksonoz.gif

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 395.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.

9,300 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Santa Maria, CA
$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 5.00
11,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Burlingame, CA
$ 99.95
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Hookedonpinball.com

$ 95.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 115.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.

10,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
San Jose, CA
$ 43.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 9,800.00
Pinball Machine
Pixels Arcade Games

Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC

$ 29.00
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 130.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Stephenson, VA
$ 85.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 91.00
$ 40.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk

$ 345.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.

There are 128 posts in this topic. You are on page 3 of 3.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/great-woz-game-play-video-from-the-nwps/page/3 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.