(Topic ID: 352185)

Great Stern spike 2 subwoofer for $24 ( get that cab bumping!)

By hockeymutt

5 months ago

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_6727 (resized).png
    #1 5 months ago

Just wanted to share a great sub i swapped into my BKSOR, It is a Pyle( normally a pyle of Sh*t) but have tried the goldwood upgrade(s) with really horrible results. Would go as far as it made the bass in the cabinet worse and distorted ( on all settings) . Threw this in yesterday and still on the factory AMP( settings similar to the PBL recommendations). This thing acted like a second shaker motor, bass is clean and crisp. Hits hard! Only negative to report is the baffling mounting pad is thick and doesnt allow you to lock this thing down to the CAB with out some internally threaded bolts or replacing the studs with longer ones. I have a 2.1 DIY amp ( 50wx2 plus 100w sub out) coming in today and going to hook this up and give further thoughts.

SPL is a little low, but comapare to the goldwood that was rated about 7-8 SPL higher this blows it out of the park.

https://a.co/d/5dctxLq

#2 4 months ago

This one?

IMG_6727 (resized).pngIMG_6727 (resized).png
    #3 4 months ago

Have this in 5 or 6 of my games with the DIY amp and it has not disappointed. Low end is exceptional.Great deal for sure.

#4 4 months ago
    Quoted from DK:

This one?
    [quoted image]

Yup that’s it! There was a 20% coupon

#5 4 months ago

I use this exact sub in all my stern spike 2 games. Great affordable upgrade and is completely enough in my opinion when you dial in the settings properly. I like to send a little more of the mix to the cab to get it pushing a little harder and balance it out with the backbox a little better. Zero complaints other than you can only go so far with the stern amp before it starts to breakup a little. Still enough sound in my opinion. I had intended on 3D printing a sub spacer to avoid the problem you are referring to but my printer bed is just slightly too small so I’m looking to purchase some instead. Also remove that plastic mat thing completely to avoid the dreaded fart noises.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.