Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 28 posts
  • 22 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 6 years ago by dasvis
  • Topic is favorited by 2 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

#1 9 years ago

I thought I'd go ahead and give Ed some public credit for something awesome he did. I was in a rush and put together an order and forgot to add a few transistors. I sent an email to see if there was still time to add them. He let me know it had shipped already and I replied that it was fine, I'd get them in my next order. He then goes and ships them to me free of charge! How awesome is that? He has secured GPE as my first stop for any pin-related electronic components (though it already was ).

#2 9 years ago

Ed is GREAT people. I love buying from him.

I am not surprised to read that he did this for you

Chris

#3 9 years ago

Years of great service and products from Ed. Excellent pricing too!

www.GreatPlainsElectronics.com

#4 9 years ago

Ed is great - always takes time to answer my dumb technical questions and has really good pricing too. Plus you can trust that if he sells you something it won't be counterfeit as he works hard to source the right part. That trust is invaluable.

viperrwk

#6 9 years ago

Now THAT is how you get repeat business. You don't forget something like that.

#7 9 years ago

I have never read anything negative about Ed and there is obviously a reason for that.

#8 9 years ago

Top notch items, and top notch guy

#9 9 years ago

By far the best, supports the hobby, I don't bother looking anywhere else- he always gets my business first.

#10 9 years ago

Agreed! I buy all of my electronic components from Great Plains Electronics and couldn't be happier.

#11 9 years ago

Whats a good list of components that Ed sells thats recommended preventative maintenance for our machines?
    I've bought his DMD HV kit,

What other stuff are people buying from him?

#12 9 years ago
    Quoted from Starscream:

What other stuff are people buying from him?

Just about everything.

His entire site is stuff you need for pin repair.

#13 9 years ago

Ed has a long history of great service !

LTG : )™

#14 9 years ago
    Quoted from vid1900:

Just about everything.
    His entire site is stuff you need for pin repair.

Vid you do a ton of helpful posts on pinside and I'm sure I speak for everyone is saying they are awesome,

From your experience whats good maintenance for say the average 20+ year old WMS game?

I've done the caps and bridges in one of my games, anything else recommended? Or just "if it ain't broke don't fix it"

#15 9 years ago

I get depressed if Great Plains doesn't have what I need (rarely happens) and I have to order from digikey. It's the best site for electronic components for pinball machines.

#16 9 years ago

Another thing that is so great about GPE is your whole order normally ships for $3.00 or $4.00 S&H and comes securely packaged in those great white boxes that I love to keep for my other parts. Everything is shipped promptly and arrives in a day or 2.

#17 9 years ago

When I got shot, Ed from GPE stuck his finger in the bullet hole to stop the bleeding! Great service.

#18 9 years ago

Ed once gave a pep talk before a football game, and BOTH teams won!

Chris

#19 9 years ago

Ed and GPE, is without question, the best there is.

--
    Rob Anthony
    Pinball Classics
    http://LockWhenLit.com
    Quality Board Work - In Home Service
    borygard at gmail dot com

#20 9 years ago
    Quoted from Borygard:

Ed and GPE, is without question, the best there is.
    --
    Rob Anthony
    Pinball Classics
    http://LockWhenLit.com
    Quality Board Work - In Home Service
    borygard at gmail dot com

agreed!!!!!

#21 9 years ago
    Quoted from radium:

When I got shot, Ed from GPE stuck his finger in the bullet hole to stop the bleeding! Great service.

Not only is Ed a great guy, he has some of the cleanest fingers in the industry.

#22 9 years ago
    Quoted from Starscream:

From your experience whats good maintenance for say the average 20+ year old WMS game?

I've done the caps and bridges in one of my games, anything else recommended? Or just "if it ain't broke don't fix it"

Really depends on the game.

WPC-95 driver boards often need their diodes D25 thru D32 changed over to jumpers. There used to be a Williams service bulletin in the mid 90s describing this mod.

#23 9 years ago

Ed is a great guy, I always go to him for my parts, I just wish he could keep the single row sip sockets in stock. Also like a previous poster said, you know the quality of the sockets and parts are top notch, not like the cheap Chinese stuff sold a lot on eBay.

#24 9 years ago

Another great thing abot Ed is his website. if you put in a part number that is obsolete, his site pops up the current replacement part for it if available. This to me saves a lot of time for us amateurs who don't have the resources of the pros. I should say his site is user friendly, not all parts sites are as easy to navigate.

2 years later
    #25 6 years ago

Back to the top. Great seller (still) & customer service is top notch.

#26 6 years ago

The best part from an international perspective is that Ed accepts Paypal which is vital for any parts seller that wants the custom of overseas transactions.

Have ordered many times from GPE in the US even when an equivalent part is available here in Australia from a comparable parts seller mostly on the basis that the former accepts paypal whilst the latter steadfastly refuses to thereby costing sales.

#27 6 years ago

This is a nice thread for an outstanding merchant.

There are many appreciated qualities in the service:

Easy to use website, excellent prices, the PayPal option, great communication, and clear labeling on the items received.

Thank you, GPE

#28 6 years ago
    Quoted from practicalsteve:

By far the best, supports the hobby, I don't bother looking anywhere else- he always gets my business first.

+1

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/great-plains-electronics-is-awesome and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.