(Topic ID: 207141)

If you can't buy from GPE where do you buy?

By cottonm4

6 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

D12B990A-F6CD-4D1C-8139-4F40C90BE961 (resized).jpeg
    giphy.gif

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider cottonm4.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#1 6 years ago

I just made my first order to Great Plains Electronics for a good sized order of parts. But GPE is backed up and is not addressing new orders. An email inquiry asking when new orders will start to be taken again has not been answered. I don't feel like waiting around just for an answer that may not come.

There is Mouser and there is Newark. But is there someplace else that is a good place to buy pinball electronics all in one place with one order?

#8 6 years ago

I do appreciate that he did shut down the ordering instead of stacking orders up, taking you money, and then making you wait. Thanks all. I will wait and give him the benefit.

#25 6 years ago
    Quoted from G-P-E:

Oh yeah... MUCH longer than normal.
    After opening when getting off vacation last Tuesday - I got 2 weeks worth of orders in just a couple hours. I had never seen orders come in this fast. Gave it a few days hoping it would slow down but they kept coming so I had to disable the shopping cart. Still digging out and there is light at the end of the tunnel, I just wish the tunnel wasn't so long!
    I do fill the orders in the order they arrive. Yes, it does suck when Priority is selected but, unfortunately, there isn't much I can do.

You have a nice problem to have. What sucks is when the phone quits ringing.

#27 6 years ago
    Quoted from Travish:

When we are swamped at work people say "that's job security" I always say "I'd like to be just a little less secure".

Talk's cheap

#48 6 years ago
    Quoted from turbo20lbs:

Change the damn title of the thread, poor choice of words. It makes Ed sound like an ass.

What should I change the title to say? Advise me and I will change it or ask the Mods to change it.

But this is what is said on Ed's website, "Orders have been coming in much faster than we can possibly fill them!"

How else do I paraphrase that other than he is 2 busy to take orders?

#51 6 years ago
    Quoted from YeOldPinPlayer:

"If you can't buy from GPE where do you buy?"

That sounds good. Forceflow, can you change the title to this thread, please?

#59 6 years ago
    Quoted from pinlink:

Looks like the checkout is back up and running! Wahoo!

Thanks for the heads up. Got my order in.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider cottonm4.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/great-plains-electronics-2-busy-to-take-orders-where-to-buy-1?tu=cottonm4 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.