(Topic ID: 207141)

If you can't buy from GPE where do you buy?

By cottonm4

6 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

D12B990A-F6CD-4D1C-8139-4F40C90BE961 (resized).jpeg
    giphy.gif

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Platypus.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#10 6 years ago

I sometimes feel for Ed at GPE. He has to shut down his store from time to time to catch up and have a quiet holiday with his family. It can be frustrating for some of us but I have always had great service from him. His advice and answers to my questions have always been appreciated.

1 month later
    #69 6 years ago
    Quoted from G-P-E:

Anybody ever notice the kinked legs on the axial electrolytic capacitors?
    For small orders, I always kink the legs for cement resistors and anything larger than the smaller size electrolytic caps.
    (That one 18000 in the bottom corner is bent due to shipping)
    After shipping tons of orders - electrolytic caps have been my only complaint. If I don't kink the legs - at least one of the legs will inevitably poke out through the bag and out through the corner of the box.
    I normally kink the cement resistors as well. Look at his 0.4 ohm resistors - you can tell I must have been in a hurry and didn't kink the legs... and you can see leads sticking out through the side of the bag.

That's intresting you pack em up but never see how they arrive, good observations. I would think you take extra care with Chris.

#70 6 years ago

Ed,
    I tend to keep a running shopping cart until I have enough to justify an order. That doesn't seem to work when you shut down. I am mostly wanting to store my want list through your site.......

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Platypus.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/great-plains-electronics-2-busy-to-take-orders-where-to-buy-1?tu=Platypus and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.