Great. Now WTF to do....

By The_Gorilla

12 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

#1 12 years ago

Really, Really thinking about plunking down $$ on a Transformers. This would eliminate the money for SM that I have been lusting after for months. I can't afford both for some time....

I am nervous about putting money down for something unseen (yeah, I know...pics) and something un-reviewed.

Anyone know any REAL information about Transformers? Innovations? Cool parts? Anything at ALL about the game play?

Is anyone else getting in line for one?

Sheeit! Thanks, Mike @ GAP, NOW what do I do????

#2 12 years ago

Order it. That's what I did. Can't wait.

#3 12 years ago

I'll bet there will be plenty of NIB for sale even after it starts rolling out to locations. If you've got an arcade near you that usually stocks new pins maybe it's best to wait it out?

#4 12 years ago
Quoted from tatman9999:

Order it. That's what I did. Can't wait.

Regardless of SM or Xformers, the next problem will be having to sell 2 machines to pay the new one off....good idea? Bad?

Better to have one awesome machine vs. 2 or 3 good ones? Opinions?

Quoted from Rascal_H:

I'll bet there will be plenty of NIB for sale even after it starts rolling out to locations.

I live in Pinball Oblivion City. Less than 20 machines in the wild within 50 miles of me to the best of my knowledge.

#5 12 years ago

I'd get the Spidey, it's one of Stern's best from late. Wait for someone to sell their NIB Transformers when they tire of it...

#6 12 years ago

I would literally kill another human being to have this "problem"

#7 12 years ago
Quoted from Johnny:

IMO, you already have 1 great machine....

#8 12 years ago
Quoted from The_Gorilla:

I am nervous about putting money down for something unseen ...

That is indeed a lot of money to put down on a game sight unseen. Obviously, the prudent course of action would be to wait it out and see how much you like the game first. There will still be plenty of new ones floating around, and you may even be able to grab a slightly used one for quite a bit less. Of course, it would be really cool to be the first person to unbox a brand new machine. I can certainly see the allure. If you're a huge Transformers and/or Gomez fan, perhaps it's worth the risk. The game will probably be great. This is the first new Stern pin since JJP entered the picture, and they have a lot riding on it.

#9 12 years ago
Quoted from The_Gorilla:

IMO, you already have 1 great machine....

Oh I know. I just got offered both an F-14 and a Fish Tales for it

#10 12 years ago
Quoted from gweempose:

That is indeed a lot of money to put down on a game sight unseen. Obviously, the prudent course of action would be to wait it out and see how much you like the game first.

I own Spiderman and I agree 100% with gweempose.

I think Spidey is a better machine, but that is true, may be you would like Transformers even more who knows? I'll say wait and see!

#11 12 years ago

Get the SM it is such a great machine and if Transformers turns out to be a pin you really love after playing it you will have no trouble selling a SM in nice condition to make it happen. Just my 2 cents either way I think you will be one lucky & happy pinhead.

#12 12 years ago
Quoted from The_Dude_Abides:

Get the SM it is such a great machine and if Transformers turns out to be a pin you really love after playing it you will have no trouble selling a SM in nice condition to make it happen.

Perhaps the most sage advice yet.

#13 12 years ago

sm, all the way. it's a proven winner and on your wishlist. wait and buy a used tf when the time comes down the road, providing it is a great game. with sr's new pin coming out soon you may feel tf is no longer an option.

good luck on your decision!

#14 12 years ago

Sell and deliver all your machines to me for a cheap price after in move to SD. But get back your Who Dunnit for Congo...

#15 12 years ago
Quoted from vex:

sm, all the way. it's a proven winner and on your wishlist. wait and buy a used tf when the time comes down the road, providing it is a great game. with sr's new pin coming out soon you may feel tf is no longer an option.

good luck on your decision!

I totally agree with this!

#16 12 years ago
Quoted from Johnny:

I know. I have to start saving. I might start a new account has $100 deposited to it every week automatically. After a year I'll be in NIB territory.

#17 12 years ago
Quoted from The_Gorilla:

I am nervous about putting money down for something unseen (yeah, I know...pics) and something un-reviewed.

Quite not every game lives up to reputation-Rolling Stones didn't get much love. There is more to a good game than looks. Spiderman is a proven top game.

#18 12 years ago
Quoted from emo:

Quite not every game lives up to reputation-Rolling Stones didn't get much love. There is more to a good game than looks. spiderman is a proven top game.

True, but people didn't hype TRS up much either. Looks like Tron did live up to the hype even with the QC issues. I never watched either Tron movie but I think the pin is a blast.

#19 12 years ago

I think transformers looks like it may be better than spidey

#20 12 years ago
Quoted from coasterguy:

Watch out now! LOL
It very well could be,But it will have to be better than perfect!

#21 12 years ago
Quoted from coasterguy:

Looks like we have a supreme optimist on our hands here.

Quoted from scooter:

It very well could be,But it will have to be better than perfect!

+1 on that scooter!

#22 12 years ago

new does not equal awesome. i love tf as a license, but i also like variety in my collection. this thing is rumored well above 7k. i say wait and see.

#23 12 years ago
Quoted from Anim8ormatt:

this thing is rumored well above 7k.

The regular LE is actually a good ways south of that number.

#24 12 years ago

Just like Vex said, go for SM, TF will still be available when you want it. And I'll by you SM if you need the cash. Roadtrip.

#25 12 years ago

I love the debate and having it continue is fine. I have decided to continue waiting for my long wanted SM. Unless NP wants to sell me LOTR!

#26 12 years ago
Quoted from jarjarisgod:

The regular LE is actually a good ways south of that number.

good. i would love to see volumes hit a point where 4k is an "expensive" machine

#27 12 years ago

No brainer buy SM.....Transformers will be available later on and probably cheaper then the NIB price. I like how TF looks but I'd wanna play it before buying it. I don't plan in buying any if the newer Sterns till I've played them. Finally learned my lesson from Tron & LOTR LE.

#28 12 years ago

See if you can hook up a gang from your state to come over to next years golf/pinball. We're apparently all crazy here so it shouldn't be too much trouble for you!

#29 12 years ago

I don't know if you would want people from Jersey in your state. We're a pretty crowd.

#30 12 years ago

Stay with the SM for sure, it's a proven winner.

I wouldn't gamble my money on Stern's track record and pre order. Let others with deeper pockets take the hit for you.

#31 12 years ago
Quoted from The_Gorilla:

Really, Really thinking about plunking down $$ on a Transformers. This would eliminate the money for SM that I have been lusting after for months. I can't afford both for some time....

Just so you know... Once you go NIB you never go back.

I talked to my distributor today. Seriously thinking about pulling the trigger even though it would be completely ridiculous to do so.

#32 12 years ago

Transformers! Spiderman isn't that special. I played it and was unimpressed.

#33 12 years ago
Quoted from The_Dude_Abides:

Get the SM it is such a great machine and if Transformers turns out to be a pin you really love after playing it you will have no trouble selling a SM in nice condition to make it happen.

It seems like without a future refresh on SM, the prices are just going to keep rising up, UP, UUUPPPP!

Get the SM TG!

#34 12 years ago
Quoted from Av8:

Transformers! spiderman isn't that special. I played it and was unimpressed

But you've played Transformers already and at 6k+ are already assuming it's going to be better then one of the proven winners for Stern?

At over 2k less I'd go SM all day. Transformer LE's will be around for a while and I'm sure many HUO ones will be offered up when Steve's next pin comes out or when WoZ is released.

Go for the proven winner n pick up a Spidey.

#35 12 years ago
Quoted from Anim8ormatt:

good. i would love to see volumes hit a point where 4k is an "expensive" machine

For sure because 4K is still a f'in chunk of change!

How much noise will people have to make before stern does another run of SM? Its inevitable.....all that money talks loud.

#36 12 years ago
Quoted from Firebaall:

I wouldn't gamble my money on Stern's track record and pre order. Let others with deeper pockets take the hit for you.

lol, This is almost word for word what I was thinking!!

Why buy a NIB Stern when you can just wait a month and get one for 1k less?

#37 12 years ago

"Great. Now WTF to do...."

I suggest SM. fun game. don't waste your $$ on a Gomez hype (although I love JM).

#38 12 years ago

PUNT!!

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 39.00
Cabinet - Other
Arcade Upkeep
Other
$ 299.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
$ 49.99
$ 29.99
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PR Mods
Sound/Speakers
$ 24.95
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
Hookedonpinball.com
Armor and blades
$ 18.00
Playfield - Protection
Volcano Pinball
Protection
$ 399.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
Displays
Retrocity
Displays
$ 16.50
Lighting - Led
Lermods
Led
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
6,450 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Monrovia, MD
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball
Other
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
arcade-cabinets.com
Sound/Speakers
$ 649.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods
Shooter rods
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball
Interactive
$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods
Shooter rods
$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods
Shooter rods
$ 14.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting
Led
$ 15.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Gweem's Mods
Sound/Speakers
$ 64.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Lermods
Under cabinet
$ 35.00
Cabinet - Decals
Pinball Haus
Decals
$ 1.25
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting
Led
$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball
Protection
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball
Interactive
$ 12.00
Tools
Nezzy's Pinball Prints
Tools
Playfield - Other
Arcade Upkeep
Other
$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods
Shooter rods
Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/great-now-wtf-to-do and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.