Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

20160423_092338_(resized).jpg
20160423_092210_(resized).jpg
original_(resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Ericpinballfan.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#59 1 year ago
Quoted from pinwiztom:

Over 160+ pins up for auction at new Captains Auction Oct 15 2022 in Orange county Calif.
Mostly games from 1960 to 1990 era EMs and Classic Solid State.
Not sure whose private collection they are coming from.
Maybe Dave Miner's, at least he is supposed to be there.
https://bid.captainsauctionwarehouse.com/auctions/catalog/id/103?page=1

They are not Dave's.
They might be leftovers from the Banning Auction last year. John Weeks still had 2 full trailerers of pins waiting to sell.

3 weeks later
#64 1 year ago
Quoted from xsvtoys:

From what I can remember at the museum, it looks like a lot of these weren't installed in the museum. There are definitely some that were on the floor, but these are the minority. I see Hercules listed, is it possible he had 2 Hercules? Or maybe the $18,000 sale didn't go through at the first auction?

Quoted from pinwiztom:

Apparently not Banning leftovers, according to various sources

I can confirm this now. I was there Saturday morning early. I've known Chris Cambell, "Captain" for over 15 years. I've bought games here, and sold games here. I live 25 min away. I'm lucky, it's always been convenient.
I asked Chris directly. He would never lie to me.
These machines where from a private collector that was tired of storing them. Not John Weeks. Whom I'm also friends with. I also was all over that banning Auction like flies on shit.
I was a purchasing agent for 5 clients, and transported machines to PAGG that year for 3 other clients.
These we're all different machines including the Hercules. What I do know is that "said" private collector bought a game or 2 from banning, and many from captain's floor over the years.
Hope this info helps for all that are curious.
My only regret is not picking up a few em's last weekend for 500-700. I did bid on 3, and the Bally Lost world. But that was it. I won nothing.
That's good, I need nothing.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 7.50
Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Ericpinballfan.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/great-line-up-at-captains-auction-tomorrow-4-23-16?tu=Ericpinballfan and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.