Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

20160423_092338_(resized).jpg
20160423_092210_(resized).jpg
original_(resized).jpg
There are 66 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 2.
#1 7 years ago

with over 70+ pins tomorrow the preview should be a blast...almost never a really good deal there but always fun to go look and play...I will post titles and hammer prices after auction

#2 7 years ago

http://www.bidspotter.com/en-us/search-results?searchTerm=pinball
Hercules
w20
got
bmx
totan
avengers
IJ
TAF
sp
afm
punchy the clown
tag team
LOTR
etc....

#3 7 years ago

Wish I was local, sure would like that space shuttle and a few others.

#4 7 years ago

18% premium... ouch... remember that when you see what the bids are. Last time I watched online, no deals to be had...

Yes, sure would be nice to be local and check them out though...

#5 7 years ago
Quoted from HighVoltage:

18% premium... ouch... remember that when you see what the bids are. Last time I watched online, no deals to be had...
Yes, sure would be nice to be local and check them out though...

Correct...no deals to be found..buyer premium and seller buy backs kill any chance of a good score

#6 7 years ago

Hey! Its not ever day you see a Hercules go up for Auction.

#7 7 years ago
Quoted from cosmokramer:

... and seller buy backs kill any chance of a good score

Even worse! How does that work though, aren't they killing themself on the premium? Goes to the auction house, no?

#8 7 years ago
Quoted from HighVoltage:

Even worse! How does that work though, aren't they killing themself on the premium? Goes to the auction house, no?

Premiums go to the auction house, yes. Some houses double dip and charge both the seller and buyer.

#9 7 years ago
Quoted from ForceFlow:

Premiums go to the auction house, yes. Some houses double dip and charge both the seller and buyer.

#10 7 years ago

Not always at the same rate, though. Buyer's premium might be 18%, but the seller's premium might be 12-15%.

#11 7 years ago

Bally Viking and Hot Doggin' on the list

#12 7 years ago
Quoted from ForceFlow:

Not always at the same rate, though. Buyer's premium might be 18%, but the seller's premium might be 12-15%.

Still.. seems like a cash cow for the auction house... At 18% alone, as a buyer I'd be taking that into account for the highest amount I'd bid, and as a seller, wouldn't too much care for it, because I'd be expecting bidders to do just that...

Edit - I'm going to the Gettysburg auction tomorrow. Not to buy, just watch and learn. But their setup is 10% buyer's premium, nothing for seller except a $15 (I think if I recall correctly) fee to 'list' the game for sale.

#13 7 years ago

Plus sales tax to the buyer!

#14 7 years ago

Captain chris charges 10 bucks per game for buyback...at least that is what it was when I had a few games in the auction a few years back

#15 7 years ago

Another unbelievable line up of assorted pins from old to new. On the old, some are rather rough, some are extremely nice.

Wish I had funds and space for that Viking!

#16 7 years ago

I'd be bidding against you on that Space Shuttle! (As long as it was in good shape)

There are a few vids there I REALLY want for my arcade room. Namely that Namco Quick & Crash. Last time they had one of those it sold for $50. 50 bucks! I couldn't believe it!

#17 7 years ago

Damn that is some impressive insert wear on the AMF. Interesting to see what it goes for. -Shawn

original_(resized).jpgoriginal_(resized).jpg

#18 7 years ago
Quoted from Miguel351:

I'd be bidding against you on that Space Shuttle! (As long as it was in good shape)
There are a few vids there I REALLY want for my arcade room. Namely that Namco Quick & Crash. Last time they had one of those it sold for $50. 50 bucks! I couldn't believe it!

A quick and crash was sold yesterday. I believe it to was only $50 or $75.

#19 7 years ago

Bad deal. I've gotten burned at this place in the past.

#20 7 years ago

A well played SBM....

20160423_092210_(resized).jpg20160423_092210_(resized).jpg
Hercules...

20160423_092338_(resized).jpg20160423_092338_(resized).jpg

#21 7 years ago

Backglass is pretty bad too. But, hey, at least it has the original spinners!

#22 7 years ago

Every time I go to Captains Auction I end up regretting wasting my time. Between the sellers bidding on their own games & flippers bidding them to the point where they can make $50 by reselling it, there will be ver be a deal there. Only go if there's a game you really want and don't mind paying a premium for it (even tho it might be a project)

#23 7 years ago

Have they started auctioning off the pins yet?

#24 7 years ago
Quoted from TKDalumni:

Plus sales tax to the buyer!

Yup, you're paying 18% auction premium, then 8% sales tax on top of all that. It basically works out to around 27% premium when all is said and done. Still, it's useful for those certain games that no one seems to sell.

#25 7 years ago
Quoted from pinwiztom:

Have they started auctioning off the pins yet?

No, but those that say there are no deals to be had are wrong. I got a Skill Pool for $75 last time, but this time there is nothing there for me.

#26 7 years ago

You can definitely get deals on the em's, but on the ss machines its very difficult to get deals, huge demand for those.

#27 7 years ago

Ha, warning to those used to the older interface. They changed the online auction interface, before you used to click bid and then type in your bid amount. Now click bid and it automatically makes a bid for you. Didn't know that, and now I own an NBA Jam arcade machine lol.

#28 7 years ago
Quoted from Reality_Studio:

You can definitely get deals on the em's, but on the ss machines its very difficult to get deals, huge demand for those.

I saw some pretty good SS deals at the last auction, but there was hardly anybody there. This time it's a big crowd probably because there are so many. Even as a guy that likes EMs, I didn't see any that would make me drool.

The solid state Joker Poker with the EM playfield is interesting. That playfield is probably worth more than the whole machine.

#29 7 years ago

I would be curious to see what the Asteroid Annie with the Sinbad CAB goes for;
as well as the just as rare BLY EM Black Jack pin.

#30 7 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

I didn't see any that would make me drool.

Even the nice WMS Jolly Jokers with CAB repaint job?
Or what about the GTB FotoFinish or Gaucho? all nice 2in flipper pins.
They even have a back up El Toro for you.

#31 7 years ago

Are the vintage pins from the Dave Miner (Pinball Forever) collection?

#32 7 years ago
Quoted from pinwiztom:

Even the nice WMS Jolly Jokers with CAB repaint job?
Or what about the GTB FotoFinish or Gaucho? all nice 2in flipper pins.
They even have a back up El Toro for you.

I was high on that Jolly Jokers when it first showed up, but I played it this AM and it is nothing too spectacular compared to the ones I already have so I will take a pass. And I think I have already been thru enough Gottlieb short flipper games from the 60s that I don't want anymore. My El Toro is fine.

I'm may be getting picky now, but I don't need any more turds that I will just have to fix and get rid of.

#33 7 years ago

hammer prices ... add approx. 25%
Avengers pro 3500
Baywatch 2000
dale jr 2000
IJ Williams 5700
TAF 4700
TSPP 3000
WH20 4200
ES 2300
monopoly 2400
Super Mario 1300
SP 2300
LOTR 3500
TOTAN 6500
AFM 7300
Spy hunter 1300
sharkys shootout 950
F-14 1500
Black rose 2600
GOT pro 4100
bally KISS 2000
RFM 2150
PUNCHY 550
Pharoah 2200
Sorcerer 1600
Viking 1200
Asteroid Annie 1550
Black pyramid 700
police force 1200
JM 1800
Mario Andretti 1200

#34 7 years ago

Waist of time at this auction
High prices for mostly beat up games

Then add 27% on top of you purchase , yikes !!

Oh , I was just outbid by the seller
Of one of the games

#35 7 years ago
Quoted from rvdv:

Oh , I was just outbid by the seller
Of one of the games

He bid on his own game?

#36 7 years ago

Proud owner take home price
Avengers $4,375
Baywatch $2,500
Dale Jr $2,500
IJ Williams $7,125
TAF $5,875
TSPP $3,750
WH2O $5,250

I'm sure these were borderline players games at best. I guess Ebay prices aren't that bad after all.

#37 7 years ago

I know games typically sell for somewhat more in the real world compared to pinside pricing (pretty much see that every day), but I was surprised at WH20 because it looked like it had heavy cabinet fade.

#38 7 years ago

9271 for afm crazy was that the one with shitty inserts?

#39 7 years ago

How was that Bally BMX?

#40 7 years ago
Quoted from Schusler:

How was that Bally BMX?

Not bad. It was fun, but who comes up with those sounds?

#41 7 years ago
Quoted from Mitch:

9271 for afm crazy was that the one with shitty inserts?

I bought that one, it'll go in my film/model house for the girls to use so it's tax deductible as a film shoot prop. I won't get into the details but it's theme is perfect for a photo shoot some of the girls need, but I needed a mint cabinet for that. They love to use pins in film and photo shoots but they won't use them if the cabinets are not mint. So the inserts weren't a huge deal for me, it's the theme and cabinet that I really need asap or i miss out on some film/photo shoot bookings.

#42 7 years ago

Ha, warning to those used to the older interface. They changed the online auction interface, before you used to click bid and then type in your bid amount. Now click bid and it automatically makes a bid for you. Didn't know that, and now I own an NBA Jam arcade machine lol.

You can call and explained what happened. They will let you off the hook..just FYI

#43 7 years ago
Quoted from TKDalumni:

You can call and explained what happened. They will let you off the hook..just FYI

Oh cool, I just called and they said to call back Monday, hopefully they will be ok with it.

#44 7 years ago

I bought that one, it'll go in my film/model house for the girls to use so it's tax deductible as a film shoot prop. I won't get into the details but it's theme is perfect for a photo shoot some of the girls need, but I needed a mint cabinet for that. They love to use pins in film and photo shoots but they won't use them if the cabinets are not mint. So the inserts weren't a huge deal for me, it's the theme and cabinet that I really need asap or i miss out on some film/photo shoot bookings.

Let me know if you need any of my pinball machines in the future. I'll be glad to sell them to you at 100 above market value.

#45 7 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

Not bad. It was fun, but who comes up with those sounds?

OD, what was the hammer price on it?

#46 7 years ago
Quoted from Schusler:

OD, what was the hammer price on it?

Still ahead..

#47 7 years ago
Quoted from tonycip:

Let me know if you need any of my pinball machines in the future. I'll be glad to sell them to you at 100 above market value.

If I have a pending film need for it then absolutely, I'll ask you but I would need an invoice for the sale along with your company details for tax declaration purposes. No cash purchases, there needs to be an official paper trail of the sale leading to you. Also it can't be an intellectual property, like from your collection I can't film Elvira Scared Stiff, Wizard of Oz, Addams Family, Stargate, Twilight Zone, etc, those can't be filmed unless I want to receive a cease and desist notice. Attack From Mars is safe to use though, so that machine will pay for itself in no time.

#48 7 years ago

Holy crap that AFM was worn!

#49 7 years ago

please post the EM sale prices also

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 4.00
Playfield - Decals
UpKick Pinball

$ 7.50
There are 66 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 2.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/great-line-up-at-captains-auction-tomorrow-4-23-16/page/1 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.