Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 25 posts
  • 12 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 3 years ago by iceman44
  • Topic is favorited by 2 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider seenev.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#14 3 years ago

Do you guys believe his statement about the uv kit being too expensive to include in stranger things? The guy is very charismatic but some of his statements seem a little disingenuous. He basically wrote off all of the accessory criticism with "They sold out quickly, therefore the haters are wrong." I guess all that matters is that there are people dumb enough to keep throwing money at them so why change? I find it a little ridiculous though to say that Stranger things, which had seemingly very little in its BOM, couldn't have included it.

#19 3 years ago
    Quoted from sulli10:

The final purchasing price for the pin has to cover, BOM, design costs, testing, marketing, everyone’s salaries/benefits , insurance, taxes ,debt on buildings/ capital equipment, electricity, consumables, equipment maintenance, parts inventory, legal costs / licenses , Stern’s profit, the distributors profit and I am sure I am missing somethings. If the purchase price does not cover those costs/expectations, the manufacturing company goes out of business.

I think everyone understands that, but go look at stranger things pro. Where did all the money go? If they spent most of their budget trying to develop features that didn't work out, or say a feature like the uv kit where they ultimately decide it was so expensive that it had to be an add on, at some point you can't just say "we spent the usual amount of money on it, so you have to pay the usual amount of money for it." It's like asking customers to pay them anyways when their investments in new features don't work out. What if their next game was just a bare playfield and they said" we spent a lot of money on amazing features, but they turned out to be too expensive for our standard models, so you can buy them all as accessories"? I think you need to have a certain level of features in a game no matter what you spend trying to develop them. The uv kit was $200-$300 I think. If they had included it in stranger things pro, I still would have wondered why they cheaped out so much because it still would have seemed like a lackluster game, whatever they spent on it.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider seenev.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/great-interview-w-gomez-on-super-awesome-podcast?tu=seenev and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.