Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 25 posts
  • 12 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 3 years ago by iceman44
  • Topic is favorited by 2 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider iceman44.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#1 3 years ago

A ton a informative insight and commentary on where they are at and where they are going

#2 3 years ago

Sounds like Lotr might be in the vault offering

Challenge of porting white star platform over BUT it sure sounds like it’s on the drawing board

And licensing of course

#4 3 years ago

If you guys are really interested in pinball and not just drama its fantastic. Loving that show.

#8 3 years ago

Gomez talked about the “accessories” part of their business as a big deal going forward and how they were getting better at timing the toppers etc

Big suggestion George. Please make enough toppers and shooter rods like JP and STH to satisfy the demand.

It’s VERY frustrating when you are buying these games, LEs in my case, and you can’t even buy a freaking shooter rod!

Come on. Hire some more help to get this done

#10 3 years ago
    Quoted from Rdoyle1978:

I’ve had to pack up a couple games recently to save space - the frickin games don’t even have sleds any more! So the corner protectors jut out and scrape up the floor. WTF Stern that probably costs $4

I’m at the pack em up stage too. Lol

Struggle with what to do. I like em all!

#12 3 years ago
    Quoted from sulli10:

Extremely Interesting to listen to George. He is a business person that loves to create and develop pinball machines.
    Second ,the comments about the forums are also interesting. People have a tendency to forget that the individuals involved in manufacturing games are human too. Some of the very personal criticisms that go towards well known individuals ,in all the companies , is very much over the top and provide no value. These people are very important to our hobby and sometimes a thank you is in order versus cheap shots about something/ one we do not know about the real story.
    Stern is a business first that creates very cool hi end entertainment devices. They have to make a profit or they will close the doors and we all lose.
    Also interesting to hear all the divisions that make up the company, manufacturing, sales, finance, development. All of these cost money and need to be factored into the overhead cost of building a machine.. it is just not the game BOM plus profit.
    Well done

Well said, it's a shame they really can't "engage" the community here anymore. Also not good that he tells his people not to go look at the negative stuff.

Stern management has to use this forum as feedback and they react accordingly for the most part. The individuals that put in the passion and hard work on a daily basis, designers, programmers, artists etc. can be tough.

Nobody likes to see their hard work beaten down, especially over the top beatdowns.

Things have definitely changed over the years but Stern is still crushing it imo. Look at how far they have come over the last 8-10 years.

#15 3 years ago
    Quoted from seenev:

Do you guys believe his statement about the uv kit being too expensive to include in stranger things? The guy is very charismatic but some of his statements seem a little disingenuous. He basically wrote off all of the accessory criticism with "They sold out quickly, therefore the haters are wrong." I guess all that matters is that there are people dumb enough to keep throwing money at them so why change? I find it a little ridiculous though to say that Stranger things, which had seemingly very little in its BOM, couldn't have included it.

Why wouldn't you believe it?

Yeah i do.

#20 3 years ago
    Quoted from TheLaw:

Hes a salesman, that's his job. I dont really believe anything the top dogs say.

You are so cynical Law, it wasn't aboot "selling" anything

He had a good explanation on the UV kit as to why they didn't disclose it up front.

Maybe they do it next time after the backlash they faced.

I don't believe they get up every day thinking of ways to F the customer.

Just the opposite, to "sell" more they have to get better every day and based on the last several pins it's working.

#25 3 years ago
    Quoted from liftmagnet:

It was a good interview, but I will have to say that I was not sure whether to laugh or vomit when Gomez called Stern a "Lifestyle" brand...

"Lifestyle" brand is not what i'd describe it as either. Lol.

That made no sense along with the reasoning to show up at CES to announce a game when they make zero sales from that show?

Maybe they are trying to sell more "Supreme" type builds. Yeezy next? I'll take the bipolar edition

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider iceman44.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/great-interview-w-gomez-on-super-awesome-podcast?tu=iceman44 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.