Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 35 posts
  • 25 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 8 years ago by dasvis
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

image.jpeg
    playfield_5_sm.jpg
    Bon-Voyage-backglass-lit-4.jpg
    image.jpeg
    #1 8 years ago

Just wanted to say a public THANKS to Art from Comet pinball... I was looking EVERYWHERE for a decal, and not only did he dig one up for me, he sent it to me for FREE!!! I love when pinheads help each other out, Personally I have sent out parts to people like this, so nice to have someone do it for me.. there are a LOT of great people on this site!

Thank you Art!

And I LOVE the pop bumper caps with led's all around them I ordered from Art, and the mini led strips, I put one under the apron and the LED caps in T3, they look amazing!

Steve

#2 8 years ago

Art is a great guy.

A BIG asset to the hobby.

#3 8 years ago

Art is the man!

#4 8 years ago

They dont come much better than ART!

#5 8 years ago

You know you're doing something right when they start a thread about you. Cheers to Art!

#6 8 years ago

Arter. has the best led in pinball. Period end of the story..

#7 8 years ago

Meh, he's alright.

I've been to Art's house once, his office twice (where I got to poke around in jewelry and LEDs,) and treated to BBQ dinners twice. He's the first Pinsider that I met, and I think I saw him three years in a row at IAAPA or Free Play, but will have to miss this year.

#8 8 years ago

Art is a class act. Not only do I consider him a friend, but he has also won my business for life.

He is on the short list of people that I am willing to invite into my personal life.

#9 8 years ago

Oh F*k, Thank you all...but I am very embarrassed by this....its just me...I have plenty of baggage, but love pinball, pinside, and everyone here Ive met...ok almost everyone......
    Thank you, but its not needed....

#10 8 years ago

Looking forward to seeing Art in a few days! He was definitely a big encouragement and source of knowledge to me when I entered the hobby last year.

#11 8 years ago

Art rocks !

LTG : )

#12 8 years ago

Stop complimenting him!! It makes him read Pinside instead of shipping out my order!!!

(Thank you Art )

#13 8 years ago

Art is THE man!
    I would give him my mother in law (and hopes he keeps here
    Best customer service in the branch, buy with confidence

#14 8 years ago

Art is the man. It's nice when a great product has a great guy standing behind it. Long live Comet Pinball. Best LEDs going.

Rob
    Creditdotpinball.com

#15 8 years ago
    Quoted from sckurk:

He was definitely a big encouragement and source of knowledge to me when I entered the hobby last year.

You just entered the hobby last year?!? I had no idea.

I've been trying to convince Art to come up to SFGE this year. Several rounds are on me!

#16 8 years ago

I ordered twice from him in the last week.....great prices and fast shipping!

#17 8 years ago

This is nice. I miss the old Good Guy Alerts.

#18 8 years ago

great products and service, but it might be my dyslexia kicking in, but I was reading his handle while talking to another Pinsider and called him Oldguypin. (maybe a Freudian slip) implying he's a old guy that likes pins rather than a guy who likes old pins.

#19 8 years ago

Art helped me led up my riverboat gambler. Took a lot of time on email with me.
    Loved the results!image.jpegimage.jpeg

#20 8 years ago

Art takes a genuine interest in customer satisfaction. He has spent a LOT of time with me as well...educating me about his products.

Customer service that is 2nd to none.

#21 8 years ago

Do I really need to say more? Bambi is extremely happy with Art's help with getting her belt buckle PROPERLY illuminated!

Bon-Voyage-backglass-lit-4.jpgBon-Voyage-backglass-lit-4.jpg

An EM with LEDs??? I say - HECK YEAH!

playfield 5 sm.jpgplayfield 5 sm.jpg

#22 8 years ago

OK, Thank you, but I cant take this.....I really am a grumpy old bastard that loves pinball.

Maybe if I bring up religion, politics, and throw some boobs up, the post will implode!

Thank you for the kind words. Getting Our games looking as good as we want has been my goal.

I love to see the pictures, and I am grateful to meet some of the best people in the world.
    Pinball is about that to me...One day, maybe Ill share the whole story, but in the last few months, and especially the last few weeks,
    Pinside, and you guys has kept me going....for that no amount of thanks can truly express my heartfelt feelings.

#23 8 years ago

Party on old pin guy.

#24 8 years ago
    Quoted from OLDPINGUY:

Maybe if I bring up religion, politics, and throw some boobs up, the post will implode!

I'm waiting on some boob pics......

#25 8 years ago

I have no idea how old Art is, but I picture him like grandpa in Simpsons saying 'back in my day they didn't have flippers'

#26 8 years ago
    Quoted from rai:

'back in my day they didn't have flippers'

Or electricity.

LTG : )

#27 8 years ago
    Quoted from indypinhead:

I'm waiting on some boob pics......

#28 8 years ago

Art is that your wife ???

#29 8 years ago

Art is the Man

#30 8 years ago

Art is a awesome guy and really bust his ass for the pinball community. I've know him for years and appreciate all he has done for this hobby and is a good friend

#31 8 years ago
    Quoted from jrush2112:

Art is that your wife ???

Yup! Still dont get any.....

#32 8 years ago

Always seems like a nice guy on here,full of knowledge on leds,and always respectable, unlike some other on pinside

#33 8 years ago

Art .. Luv Ya Man & we gonna party down starting Friday!!!!

#34 8 years ago

Art is a top guy, extremely helpful and knowledgeable and an absolute please to chat with.

keep up the awesome work and thanks for helping me out (really appreciate it), will be using Comet gear in up and coming mods.

#35 8 years ago
    Quoted from rai:

I have no idea how old Art is, but I picture him like grandpa in Simpsons saying 'back in my day they didn't have flippers'

"and we liked it"

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/great-guy-alert-oldpinguy and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.