Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 29 posts
  • 23 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 11 years ago by fattrain
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

#1 11 years ago

I posted if someone could make me free play cards and offered to pay. After a few emails and a week I come home to a mailbox full of awesome cards for all 6 machines. Markmon made them and just sent them out. No charge and they are fantastic.
    Its very cool that we can help each other out. I know if its helping move a pin or anything else I try to offer up what I can as well.
    Huge amigo and I very much appreciate it. Open invitation if you ever blow through DC ; )

Dave O.

#2 11 years ago

Very nice of him! I may be in DC in the next month or so...any good places to play there?

#4 11 years ago

Never dealt with him personally, but he seems like a class act.

#5 11 years ago

Markmon is awesome, I agree. I pestered him out of the blue recently and he was helpful and gracious. Three cheers!

#6 11 years ago

I am a BIG fan of Markmon.

#7 11 years ago

cheers!!!!

Great to hear!

#8 11 years ago

Wow thanks guys. Now if only my buddy rarehero could see the light :p

#9 11 years ago

I want to go to OR. Meet Markmon and visit all the micro brews.

#10 11 years ago

Mark is a great guy and always willing to help. I have emailed him with questions a few times and he always gives input. And WOW what a collection!

#11 11 years ago
    Quoted from stevebighead:

Mark is a great guy and always willing to help. I have emailed him with questions a few times and he always gives input. And WOW what a collection!

+2

fun times and you really take care of your machines like noone else I have ever met.

#12 11 years ago

Looked at your collection and ratings hoping to see your comments on 24 . . Care to say a few words ? I like the theme.

#13 11 years ago

I am sure he has plenty to like about it.

#14 11 years ago

Nice Mark. Considering conversion myself!

Dan

#15 11 years ago
    Quoted from pinheadpuckguy:

I want to go to OR. Meet Markmon and visit all the micro brews.

Best beer I've EVER had was nearby in Seattle: Mac and Jac's.

Last I checked, they don't distribute though. Only beer available outside of the local Seattle bars is if you want to go fill up a growler at the brewery.

#16 11 years ago
    Quoted from rommy:

Looked at your collection and ratings hoping to see your comments on 24 . . Care to say a few words ? I like the theme.

This thread says a lot of it: http://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/24-any-owners
    But the game has a decent Steve Ritchie flow to it. The main thing I like is the constant hurry ups. This is where they nail the theme. There are two very tight shots (sniper and safe house) and you're constantly having to shoot them in hurry up. It puts you on edge just like watching the show. Good experience with sub and shaker. The game was finished SW wise by Lyman 18 months after release. I think most of the anti-24 sentiment came in when the SW was so bad.

#17 11 years ago

What can you come up with for HS cards? I know your thoughts on HS, but thats how you feel no worries on this end. Let me know? Thanks

Quoted from markmon:

This thread says a lot of it: http://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/24-any-owners
    But the game has a decent Steve Ritchie flow to it. The main thing I like is the constant hurry ups. This is where they nail the theme. There are two very tight shots (sniper and safe house) and you're constantly having to shoot them in hurry up. It puts you on edge just like watching the show. Good experience with sub and shaker. The game was finished SW wise by Lyman 18 months after release. I think most of the anti-24 sentiment came in when the SW was so bad.

I played 24 and I really liked it, a very good player indeed.

#18 11 years ago
    Quoted from Jeff_PHX_AZ:

What can you come up with for HS cards? I know your thoughts on HS, but thats how you feel no worries on this end. Let me know?

I'd start by checking the pinball rebel rule card site for a set. There are a ton of cards there. That's where I get most of mine.

#19 11 years ago

As a guy who has done Business with Markmon on several occasions he is 100% Grad A+ Guy!

Ditto For the OP Hwawonyu

#20 11 years ago

Great to see this kind of posts, I'm pretty new here but I really love this forum, and markmon is one of the names I saw a lot, with very constructive posts!

Next to some negative topics, where small battles take place, I really applaud for a topic like this, pinball is a hobby we should share, not one to have a war about!

Great topic Hwawonyu!

#21 11 years ago

Markmon is the man,
    All his games are nicer than NIB by quite a bit.
    Thanks for all the great games, technical knowledge, mods, fixes, raising the bar and kickass pinball parties!

#22 11 years ago

Well played sir.

#23 11 years ago

Marmon saved my family from a house fire while lifting a bus full of orphaned nuns to safety as he lectured business ethics at Yale

#24 11 years ago

I'd like to buy him a cold one and talk tech at some show.
    Good guy with lots of helpful posts.
    --
    Chris Hibler - CARGPB #31
    http://www.Team-EM.com
    http://webpages.charter.net/chibler/Pinball/index.htm
    http://www.PinWiki.com - The Place to go for Pinball Repair Info

#25 11 years ago

Let's face it....Sounds like markmon is the Chuck Norris of pinball

#26 11 years ago

Nice seeing some local pinheads on here. Markmon - how do I get on your pinball party list?

No, seriously. What do I need to do to get on the list?

#27 11 years ago

He's been helpful to me too, also Mandelbloom and also Honda Jim :(but he's vanished)

#28 11 years ago
    Quoted from Mudflaps:

Marmon saved my family from a house fire while lifting a bus full of orphaned nuns to safety as he lectured business ethics at Yale

Quoted from jrivelli:

Let's face it....Sounds like markmon is the Chuck Norris of pinball

LOL

#29 11 years ago
    Quoted from markmon:

Wow thanks guys. Now if only my buddy rarehero could see the light :p

Hahaha ROFL

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/great-guy-alert-markmon and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.