Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 19 posts
  • 12 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 2 years ago by LORDDREK
  • Topic is favorited by 1 Pinsider

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

sarc.gif
    E1732868-C117-4137-9CBA-E6E8DE8B62EE (resized).jpeg
    Screenshot_20220122-130216_Samsung Internet (resized).jpg
    Screenshot_20220122-130233_Samsung Internet (resized).jpg
    #1 2 years ago

Selling Over MSRP on all titles. Pros, Premium's 3k over MSRP! Stern please put a stop to this! Regular production games are being sold far over MSRP. This game looks like it has been eaten by a dinosaur with a giant hole in the box. Imagine the price if it did not have the huge hole. Let's call them out.

Screenshot_20220122-130216_Samsung Internet (resized).jpgScreenshot_20220122-130216_Samsung Internet (resized).jpgScreenshot_20220122-130233_Samsung Internet (resized).jpgScreenshot_20220122-130233_Samsung Internet (resized).jpg

#2 2 years ago

While I don't love this practice myself this is a free market and things are worth what people will pay for them.

Dealers generally bust their ass and make pretty small margins so if they have opportunity to make more I cant say I blame them.

Don't like the price don't buy it like anything else in life. Don't like the hole in the box? don't buy it.

No offense (or take offense I don't care) but pinball buyers are a whiny, impossible to deal with group so maybe dealers deserve a raise to put up with the constant stream of bitching and moaning about everything.

#3 2 years ago

Yeah thats how I inspect a boxes content. By backing up into it. Screw the pricing, there are more obvious reasons to do a hard pass with this distributor…

#4 2 years ago
    Quoted from LORDDREK:

Yeah thats how I inspect a boxes content. By backing up into it. Screw the pricing, there are more obvious reasons to do a hard pass with this distributor…

These games are shipped via truck and that is damage from a forklift caused by a freight company.

Happens fairly often and rarely causes damage.

While this sucks... tons of games have this exact look when they arrive and zero damage.

You dont play the box

#5 2 years ago

I always rip open the bottom of a box with a forklift to check contents. Just to make sure it’s what it says on the box. Lol

#6 2 years ago

The ALL CAPS BANDIT!

#7 2 years ago
    Quoted from Elvishasleft:

You dont play the box

You sure about that?
    E1732868-C117-4137-9CBA-E6E8DE8B62EE (resized).jpegE1732868-C117-4137-9CBA-E6E8DE8B62EE (resized).jpeg

#9 2 years ago

The practice of marking up any “trade in” is becoming pretty common with low inventory. Surprised a hole in box isn’t labeled an added feature at this point.
    As usual, if you don’t like it, don’t buy.

#10 2 years ago

I've already lost interest in this thread. Usually it takes a couple pages.

#11 2 years ago
    Quoted from pinzrfun:

I've already lost interest in this thread. Usually it takes a couple pages.

I think it's possible we are actually reaching price cop / price whining / bubble burst hope fatigue around here.

I know, I can't believe it either.

#12 2 years ago
    Quoted from Concretehardt:

You sure about that?
    [quoted image]

OK.. well that is a great way to save money for those who are so cost conscious.

Maybe the OP should try that.

#13 2 years ago
    Quoted from Elvishasleft:

These games are shipped via truck and that is damage from a forklift caused by a freight company.
    Happens fairly often and rarely causes damage.
    While this sucks... tons of games have this exact look when they arrive and zero damage.
    You dont play the box

Of course. I work in a warehouse. But if you read the ad it said they purposefully opened it that way to inspect contents. That is the real laugh here…

#14 2 years ago
    Quoted from LORDDREK:

Of course. I work in a warehouse. But if you read the ad it said they purposefully opened it that way to inspect contents. That is the real laugh here…

Ah I see, I missed that part... yah that is some bullshit right there.

It got whacked by a moron on a forklift

#15 2 years ago

I'm just in here for the irony of someone putting all this effort into making a thread encouraging people to "call out" distributors, and does not mention who this distributor is themselves.

I know it says "call Dave" in the ad, but WHO is this business. I am calling you out for failing to call them out

And if I missed where you said it, I am sorry. We are all only human after all.

#16 2 years ago
    Quoted from BC_Gambit:

I'm just in here for the irony of someone putting all this effort into making a thread encouraging people to "call out" distributors, and does not mention who this distributor is themselves.
    I know it says "call Dave" in the ad, but WHO is this business. I am calling you out for failing to call them out
    And if I missed where you said it, I am sorry. We are all only human after all.

THE PINBALL DUDES

#17 2 years ago

They all do it, crazy market, just face the facts there will be NO good deals on pins for a while.

#18 2 years ago

if people refuse to pay what they are asking ....it's not a problem ......If you are the guy that has no problem with paying over MSRP you are the problem.

#19 2 years ago

Again the real story here is not the title of the book but the chapter where they stitch together some elaborate tale to explain away the hole in the box. That is where this pulp comes thru in shining colors weaving a fable of corruption and moral bankruptcy.

Damn I think I missed my calling…

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/great-distributor-pricing-sarcastic and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.